talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Verstappen

football forum

2 hours ago, nudge said:

"I adore Max...." 

Stopped reading there :4_joy: Can't wait to see how overblown it gets in the new season of the Netflix series.

Cue the dramatic music and sound effects!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Max's aggressive driving style is what makes him exciting. Would much rather have someone like him who makes unconventional high-risk moves (even when it comes to bite him in the arse) rather than just another dull driver who only ever overtakes with DRS on a straight.

Also I don't think he did much wrong yesterday. The tangle with Hamilton on the first lap was a typical opening lap incident; the Bottas overtake was ambitious but clean (and would have been a highly praised one if he fully succeeded) and it actually looked to me that Bottas misjudged and turned in too early and pinched Max's rear tyre as a result. Another racing incident as much as I'm concerned.

Seb squeezing Lewis out on the straight yesterday was by far worse but weirdly it gets completely ignored.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

As for the last sentence. NO INVESTIGATION NECESSARY. 

That's not the point; so it was (rightfully) judged not worthy of investigation just like HAM-VER and VER-BOT incidents yet those two are still somehow the centre of attention and outrage leading to the renewed witch hunt against Verstappen despite of the fact that the Vettel one had the potential to be by far more dangerous than the other two xD But I guess the F1 circus needs a villain and they (i.e. the media team) are gladly milking that narrative.

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Holy shit I'm dumb. I clicked on your article, then watched a few seconds of football, then read the article and thought "wow, I should post this on TF365", because I forgot that I clicked it here :dam:

But yea, good column. Palmer is actually quite a good pundit and a sound guy. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Holy shit I'm dumb. I clicked on your article, then watched a few seconds of football, then read the article and thought "wow, I should post this on TF365", because I forgot that I clicked it here :dam:

But yea, good column. Palmer is actually quite a good pundit and a sound guy. 

Happens to the best of us xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I like Max, but Jos is a piece of shit. 

Jos' father was even worse, and even harder on him when he was a kid. Does it excuse Jos' behaviour? No, but it certainly helps to explain it... 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Jos' father was even worse, and even harder on him when he was a kid. Does it excuse Jos' behaviour? No, but it certainly helps to explain it... 

Yea, I know what you mean. Still kind of shocking some stories that you read. I heard that Jos left Max at a gas station for several hours because he lost a kart race. :| 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Eco said:

On a more positive note, I did chuckle at Max today asking if his team were drinking their water, as he drove around no where close to Bottas and way ahead of Charles...xD

xD 

That was the second best team radio this weekend, just behind Deruvala's engineer telling him to "just drive fucking faster" when he asked for an update on the race :4_joy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived