talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Verstappen

football forum

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

"Mongo(l)" is a bit of an outdated but used to be a normal insult/expression in Germany and I guess the Netherlands back in the 90's. Of course in 2020 it's seen as racist, but I guess they are blowing it out of proportion again, especially as it was in the heat of the moment. Move on, and just "take action" if it happens again I'd say. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"Mongo(l)" is a bit of an outdated but used to be a normal insult/expression in Germany and I guess the Netherlands back in the 90's. Of course in 2020 it's seen as racist, but I guess they are blowing it out of proportion again, especially as it was in the heat of the moment. Move on, and just "take action" if it happens again I'd say. 

Oh Mongols.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

They should absolutely make him participate in the camel race in the Gobi desert as punishment 😂

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Shitfaced Max :o 

Saw that new Ziggo documentary this morning. Actually pretty interesting, as there was a lot of personal material, like the one you posted xD the interesting part was Helmut Marko talking about Max, how they signed him back then and tried to keep Jos away from Max as much as possible ever since, and how Max is a cool person when he's out of the car, and how "his side of Jos" comes out when he's annoyed in the car. 

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Saw that new Ziggo documentary this morning. Actually pretty interesting, as there was a lot of personal material, like the one you posted xD the interesting part was Helmut Marko talking about Max, how they signed him back then and tried to keep Jos away from Max as much as possible ever since, and how Max is a cool person when he's out of the car, and how "his side of Jos" comes out when he's annoyed in the car. 

Imagine that your father is such a scumbag that your employer tried to keep you away from him. xD:ph34r:

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Imagine that your father is such a scumbag that your employer tried to keep you away from him. xD:ph34r:

That whole documentary felt like a huge "fuck you" to Jos, to be honest. Like, they rightfully acknowledge that without him, Max would have likely not made it, but at what cost... 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

5wZeX7T.jpg

I must admit I was also very surprised with his reaction after the race yesterday. Yes, he was clearly disappointed with the team telling him to give the lead back, but he obeyed the orders, and then didn't complain, throw a tantrum, or make excuses later. Think he's matured a lot, and both him and Red Bull are probably confident that they have the equipment to match Mercedes this season. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

5wZeX7T.jpg

I must admit I was also very surprised with his reaction after the race yesterday. Yes, he was clearly disappointed with the team telling him to give the lead back, but he obeyed the orders, and then didn't complain, throw a tantrum, or make excuses later. Think he's matured a lot, and both him and Red Bull are probably confident that they have the equipment to match Mercedes this season. 

This is the kind of attitude I - and perhaps several others - wanted to see. He clearly has the talent and aggression and desire to be a superb F1 driver, and now it was just a case of keeping his cool when it most mattered. Yesterday was one of those occasions as he could have quite easily saw fire in his eyes at having to give the lead back and ended up as a DNF right at the end if he fought back. He did the right thing. A more mature and tempered Max will be so good to see this season as it means he will probably be more focused to push Lewis all the way, and perhaps even get ahead of him by the end of the season...

Mature Max sounds even more scary. 

Although, I think, or hope, that he was a bit more relaxed yesterday because he knew that this wasn't the full potential of the car, and that he'll be able to deliever several ass whoopings to Mercedes this season. 

• Subscriber

I always loved hothead Max, he brought a lot of excitement to F1 :D But mature Max definitely has better chances to win the championship, so I hope he has both more patience and a truly capable car this year.

• 5 months later...

I'm always bewildered when German SKY or RTL interview Max in German and he's 100% fluent. I'm so used to hear him speaking English that I can't fathom to hear him speak in my native language. It's weird.  xD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived