• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hamilton Chat

football forum

football forum

hams.jpg

# 44

Starts: 229 (as of Feb 2019).

Championships: Five (2008, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018 - more than any other on the grid).

Wins: 73

Podiums: 134

Career Points: 3018

Poles: 83

Fastest Laps: 41

The most decorated driver on the grid at the moment with an amazing five titles. The fact that it could have been six and him not chasing down Schumacher's record this season is a travesty but he still has it in him to hunt down seven and become the undisputed GOAT. The World Champion last season in a slower car, it was laps like that one in Singapore which meant that he finished on top. 

Will he do it again? In his own words he is attacking for a title, not defending one. Come on Lewis :UK:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

The World Champion last season in a slower car

:D Keep telling yourself that. He'd never win a race in a Toro Rosso :ph34r: Probably the only current "top driver" who always sat in a made nest. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He was an integral part of their rise to dominance

I think Schumacher and Rosberg laid the foundations for that. You think Lewis is the kind of guy to help a team grow and improve? To stay longer, help the mechanics etc? He gets out of the car, puts his bling bling on, posts 7-8 stories to Instagram and is out of there :ph34r:

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8nVcJfEnAY

Skip to 3:23 and Montoya explains exactly what I mean when I say Lewis has always sat in a made nest. He is spot-on. 

The best earn it, Messi must be shit as he was born into the best team of his generation. Never tested himself in other leagues.

• Subscriber

Hamilton's Dad famously worked several jobs to support Lewis' motorsport career. He wouldn't have done it if Lewis wasn't as good as he was.

Even in F1, he has had to scrap at times. He's hardly the first talented rookie to get a shot at a top team straight away because he was that good. He drove a dog of a car in 2009 and has rarely had a team mate that hasn't pushed him. Alonso, Button and Rosberg are all world champions and all of them even finished above Lewis in the championship once. It's not as if he's often had the number one status to help him out either, he's had to earn superiority and the right to having a rear gunner at times in his teams.

I don't like him but he's clearly improved as a driver throughout his career as he used to make mistakes and rash decisions all the time. Let's not rewrite history based on his weird behaviour off the track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

2 GOATS 1 Pic.

Only slightly related but Alex Albon picked his F1 number in honour of Valentino Rossi but felt he could not "replace" The Doctor by selecting his famous #46 so he went for half of it :D 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty convinced Hamilton will pass Schumacher's 91 wins before he retires. I don't think he'll stay around to get to 8 titles but he might match Michael on 7.

Yea, not too far fetched to be honest. He will surpass him with the race wins for sure. Not too sure about the titles. I don't know how long he'll continue. For the race wins, if Mercedes keep it up, he'll only need one more season after this.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived