The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hamilton Chat

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Tommy Tommy Tommy... nothing changes I see. Still any excuse to hate Hamilton. xD

You’re not the only one though. 

No no, I don't hate him at all. I appreciate him as a driver, and he warmed up to me as a character in the last few months. He's still a bit of a hypocrite sometimes when it comes to all the nature stuff etc. 

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Tommy said:

Literally saw him unboxing 6-7 pair of sneakers on Instagram yesterday. 

So he's got a point then, social media does distract you xD 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nudge said:

So he's got a point then, social media does distract you xD 

But surely the irony is posting stuff on social media himself is part of the problem? 

So whether @Tommy or anyone else looks at it, he's just enabling their distractions by giving them content to look at...

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

But surely the irony is posting stuff on social media himself is part of the problem? 

So whether @Tommy or anyone else looks at it, he's just enabling their distractions by giving them content to look at...

I was only joking...

However, I would say that it's possible to use social media and still be able to see the negative impact that excessive use can have on (young) people. I have no idea what or how often he posts on his social media, but in the article @Tommy linked he's quoted as saying that he is trying to keep things balanced and thinks that social media platforms are great for many reasons - but not when used in excess to such a point where it becomes an unhealthy obsession, where people are on their phones most of the time, missing out on other things as a result.

I absolutely agree with him, and don't see how it is ironic or hypocritical. Social media can be a great tool if used properly but shouldn't become a distraction from reality, good on him for trying to communicate that to the kids who follow and idolise him. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, nudge said:

I was only joking...

However, I would say that it's possible to use social media and still be able to see the negative impact that excessive use can have on (young) people. I have no idea what or how often he posts on his social media, but in the article @Tommy linked he's quoted as saying that he is trying to keep things balanced and thinks that social media platforms are great for many reasons - but not when used in excess to such a point where it becomes an unhealthy obsession, where people are on their phones most of the time, missing out on other things as a result.

I absolutely agree with him, and don't see how it is ironic or hypocritical. Social media can be a great tool if used properly but shouldn't become a distraction from reality, good on him for trying to communicate that to the kids who follow and idolise him. 

Social media has cabbaged the brains of the new generation.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Think he's losing the plot, to be honest.

He published a clarification. Although it sounds a bit like he posted it just because of the backlash. 

hhk219v1led51.jpg

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He published a clarification. Although it sounds a bit like he posted it just because of the backlash. 

hhk219v1led51.jpg

Yeah, saw that, a half-arsed backpedaling, most likely fueled by Mercedes PR team.

It's sad that with all the exposure, following and both financial and influencial power that he has, he focuses on pointless hashtag activism, empty symbolic gestures, and social justice warrioring; not to mention this latest outburst which borders on spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

Why would MSC's words matter? I read in this forum that he was just a mediocre driver who only won bc he was a cheat and always had the best car.

Why do you always look for controversy, man? You need peace in your life, my friend. :100_pray:

• 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

“If he had Verstappen, or Leclerc, or Alonso as a partner, who knows. After all, with Button and Rosberg he also struggled.”

He had an Alonso. He embarrassed you.

• Subscriber

Hamilton did lose a championship to Rosberg though and was outscored by Button over the course of the three years they were team-mates. Alonso has no business sticking his oar in on Hamilton though given how rattled Alonso was by a rookie Hamilton in 2007.

Archived