Lewis Hamilton Chat

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sir Lewis is changing his name to incorporate his mother's name into his surname. A sweet move, but anyone who reports on or talks about F1 is less than enthusiastic about having to refer to the most famous and successful driver in the history of the sport as Sir Lewis Hamilton-Larbalestier. xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

I feel sorry for him. I find it a bit confusing that Mercedes communication strategy seems to focus more on sympathy for Lewis than giving credit to George for what he's been achieving. He got lucky with the podium in Australia but you have to say, while Lewis has been battling in the bottom half of the pack at Jeddah and Imola, George was sticking it in the top five on merit.

They still don't really seem to be making progress with the car though. It sounds like they're still reluctant to put too many updates on the car because they don't understand it. That's a major problem and it's hard to see how that's just going to go away overnight.

Add someone who only occasionally watches formula 1 can anyone explain why George is doing so much better than Lewis this year...? Is there differences between the two cars? Or some other reason?

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Add someone who only occasionally watches formula 1 can anyone explain why George is doing so much better than Lewis this year...? Is there differences between the two cars? Or some other reason?

Lewis beat George narrowly at the first race. Lewis had a really bad qualifying at the second race because he went the wrong way with his car setup while George had a more straightforward weekend. Lewis had better pace in the third race than George but the timing of the safety car screwed Lewis over and swapped the cars over. This weekend they both qualified poorly but George got a great start and Lewis couldn't make up any ground because the car is a dog in a straight line. They've been very evenly matched and Lewis has generally had the edge pace wise but George has been mega consistent throughout the first four races and taken his opportunities better.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I love how everyone recognised his talent at a young age, and that he was already so focused and ambitious, that his future was pretty much set in stone. 

Also Anthony Hamilton seems like a great dad. Not a Jos Verstappen kinda guy. 

• Subscriber
On 20/11/2022 at 09:42, Tommy said:

I love how everyone recognised his talent at a young age, and that he was already so focused and ambitious, that his future was pretty much set in stone. 

Also Anthony Hamilton seems like a great dad. Not a Jos Verstappen kinda guy. 

I never follow F1 much but I have always looked out for Hamilton in the news, it's nice to see a black guy succeed and say "Up yours" to all the bigoted racist bastards out there. 🖕

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2022 at 13:21, RandoEFC said:

Lewis beat George narrowly at the first race. Lewis had a really bad qualifying at the second race because he went the wrong way with his car setup while George had a more straightforward weekend. Lewis had better pace in the third race than George but the timing of the safety car screwed Lewis over and swapped the cars over. This weekend they both qualified poorly but George got a great start and Lewis couldn't make up any ground because the car is a dog in a straight line. They've been very evenly matched and Lewis has generally had the edge pace wise but George has been mega consistent throughout the first four races and taken his opportunities better.

Not sure how true it is, but there were stories that for much of the first half of the season. Lewis was a willing guinea pig for the team. Apparently they were experimenting each week with different set-ups in order to minimize the dildo bouncing. Not sure if it's 100% accurate or not.

I've heard that as well but it kind of smells like a marketing spin to me, like there have been many.

I remember a few times early in the season when Russell just took the initiative with strategy. It didn't always play out, but when it did, it was later explained as Hamilton being 'unlucky' rather than Russell taking a risk that paid off. See: Miami.

Archived