talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hamilton Chat

football forum

I think given how dominant Mercedes are, they could get whoever they wanted (bar the Red Bull drivers). They'd have to pay a premium because of the nature of the move, but they could pretty much choose who they wanted. 

I think they'd go for Norris to be honest, he's a WC in the making. I don't think Ocon would be considered too much to be honest despite his connections to Toto.

Lewis won't retire though, he won't want to go out like this. He needs to take all his anger and put it into 2022.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The talk of Lewis retiring reminds me a bit of when Messi 'quit' the national team immediately after losing a Copa America final on penalties. Just give it some time and those feelings will go away.

That, and I'm sure nudge was right in saying part of this was just communicated to put pressure on the FIA. 'We could just quit, you know?'

• Subscriber

I think I only about 1% believe this is possible but also think it's true what he says about the silence lasting this long. Probably still just stirring up headlines but I'm surprised he's gone off the grid for quite this long. 

• Subscriber
On 11/01/2022 at 18:59, Tommy said:

So many articles without Lewis having said one word. xD

He’s done the right thing and avoided the drama. Congratulated Max and acted like a good man, then gone to handle the disappointment away from the media. He will be back. At least I hope he is. Torch will be handed over though to George within a year or two as he’s too young and talented.

This is still true though.

Imagine how devastated he must actually be after what happened and to think the race before Max walked off. I’m just pleased that out of everything that happened Lewis has got the credit he deserves and people are judging him based on his actions not what their social media perception of the way he dresses and the causes she supports. The man’s a legend.

• Subscriber

What's infuriating is that people think Hamilton would have won if the race director wasn't a dickhead and that isn't the case. Normally the cars would have unlapped themselves much earlier and the race would still have restarted, just in less farcical circumstances and Max still would have won on the fresh softs. It still would have been incredibly lucky for him but it was down to the timing of the safety car. Because Masi pissed around over the lapped cars and allowed everyone to believe Hamilton was home and dry, before making up a half-baked solution to undo his error, people think he actually rushed the unlapping to let the race have a dramatic finish and or let Max win.

I don't expect people who aren't massive F1 nerds like me to understand the nitty gritty but if Masi had done the normal thing, Verstappen would still have won in an incredibly lucky but fair way and none of this extra bullshit that's dominated the off season would have happened.

6 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

What's infuriating is that people think Hamilton would have won if the race director wasn't a dickhead and that isn't the case. Normally the cars would have unlapped themselves much earlier and the race would still have restarted, just in less farcical circumstances and Max still would have won on the fresh softs. It still would have been incredibly lucky for him but it was down to the timing of the safety car. Because Masi pissed around over the lapped cars and allowed everyone to believe Hamilton was home and dry, before making up a half-baked solution to undo his error, people think he actually rushed the unlapping to let the race have a dramatic finish and or let Max win.

I don't expect people who aren't massive F1 nerds like me to understand the nitty gritty but if Masi had done the normal thing, Verstappen would still have won in an incredibly lucky but fair way and none of this extra bullshit that's dominated the off season would have happened.

It would have been the Karma for Silverstone. :ph34r:

But in all honesty. It really frustrates me when people try to downplay Max's title. He lost 75 points in the Championship due to now fault of his own. He would have ran away with it long before the season was over. But due to circumstances, Lewis still had a shot at the last race, and now many people act like it was Lewis' title all along. Baffling. 

Archived