The better place to talk football.

Round 01: Australia

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

2010: one of my favourite and most memorable Australian GPs. One of the years I actually delivered on my promise of getting up at 4am to watch the race in full. Memorable as Jenson Button, who moved to McLaren to partner Lewis Hamilton that summer, defied the doubters and critics and delivered the team's first victory of the year. This race wasn't the opener in 2010. Also notable were Vettel's brake failure while leading in a race he'd probably have won otherwise, and Kubica taking 2nd place in the Renault pretty much on merit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Not the best for overtaking, but I hope the new wings eradicate at least some of the issues of turbulence. First series of races always kill me, having to get up early for practices, qualy and the actual races.   

• Subscriber

If it does work out and staying closer to cars ahead is easier, will Merc be the biggest winners? they usually struggle in dirty air, when following other cars. Maybe they will benefit more then others. 

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not Australia though is it :ph34r:.

By no means a classic race, but Williams and McLaren competing for podiums while Ferrari fight with Force India and Toro Rosso, only five years back.

Magnussen got the podium on his debut for McLaren, while Ricciardo in 2nd was the first Aussie to get on the podium at his home race, before he was later disqualified.

• Subscriber

Australian GP - UK Time.

P1 - Friday 15th March -  1.00am

P2 - Friday 15th March - 5.00am

P3 - Saturday 16 March - 5.00am

Qualifying - Saturday 16th March - 6.00am

Lights Out - Sunday 17th March - 5.10am

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

The start of Beyond the great is gold already. "Welcome to podcast ." :4_joy:

He's clearly struggling there xD In his book he said that he's very interested in marketing and might considering getting into it after retiring but I just can't see him in a marketing role xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived