talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 01: Australia

football forum

• Subscriber

Both Renaults out xD

Well done Norris, good lap that. 

Giovinazzi with two mistakes that keep him out of Q3. 

Kimi is class and I'm definitely happy with the potential of the car. 

Haas looking good as well, sadly. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A shoutout to the 3 rookies who all outqualified their more experienced teammates; good stuff. Norris particularly impressive! Happy for him as I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate... Gutted for Russell but everyone knows Williams is shite. And of course very happy for Albon! ^_^

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haas looking good as well, sadly. 

Why sadly?

Anyway, let's see how the race will unfold. Seb looked pretty relax after Quali, so maybe he knows that they still have some pace somewhere to be unleashed... pretty please. 

Good to see Hulk beating Ric :congrats:

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why sadly?

Well, the obvious reason is because I want Sauber to be the best of the rest :7_sweat_smile: 

And I also don't particularly like Magnussen or Grosjean. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Well, the obvious reason is because I want Sauber to be the best of the rest :7_sweat_smile: 

And I also don't particularly like Magnussen or Grosjean. 

Alfa Romeo* :P

Hmm, I like Romain, he's a nice guy. Magnussen is a bit of a dick at times, but you gotta admire his fierceness. I also really like their principal Günther Steiner. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Alfa Romeo* :P

Hmm, I like Romain, he's a nice guy. Magnussen is a bit of a dick at times, but you gotta admire his fierceness. I also really like their principal Günther Steiner. 

I thought we're talking about Magnussen, not Max? :35_thinking:

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Harsh.

I know, I'm just kidding. Sometimes though! I don't know. He takes a lot after his violent, wife beating, skull breaking father unfortunately. I can see him maturing into a more likable guy in the future though. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I know, I'm just kidding. More often than not though! I don't know. He takes a lot after his violent, wife beating, skull breaking father unfortunately. I can see him maturing into a more likable guy in the future though. 

I mean he didn't smash Ocon's grinning face last season so he's already better in terms of self-control than Jos xD 

• Subscriber

This is very interesting. Mercedes seem to have an advantage in medium and slow corners, are more or less equal with Ferrari and both are ahead of RB in high speed corners, but all three are pretty equal on straights which is already a testament to Honda's PU improvements if true.

Last season Hamilton blitzed it in Australia, then didn't win till Bake. Am a huge fan of his but I hope the season isn't like 2014, 2015 and 2016. A few things spring to mind, 2017 Ferrari were really strong till Singapore, last year they were really strong till Italy, quicker then Merc most races. I have a feeling the previous 2 seasons, they have thrown all their eggs in one basket development wise, and gone all out early in the season. Where as Merc came on strong in the second half. Another angle is the Ferrari battery charging allegations last season, they were cleared but once the complaints and investigation went really strong, Ferrari did slow down. Were they cheating? Who knows.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived