The better place to talk football.

Round 01: Australia

football forum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Do Lewis and Nico even speak?

Well, they were friends but their relationship turned sour while they kept crashing into each other and fighting each other at Mercedes. They live(d) in the same building, and often visited each other but that stopped too. 

Didn't Lewis fail to show up to a post-race interview last season because Nico was the one doing the interviews? Still living in his head, rent-free. 

nico-rosberg-mercedes-2016-abu-dhabi-gp_

edit: Just read it again. Nico was also supposed to do podium interviews last season at a race, but was removed because Lewis didn't want him to do it :4_joy:

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, they were friends but their relationship turned sour while they kept crashing into each other and fighting each other at Mercedes. They live(d) in the same building, and often visited each other but that stopped too. 

Didn't Lewis fail to show up to a post-race interview last season because Nico was the one doing the interviews? Still living in his head, rent-free. 

nico-rosberg-mercedes-2016-abu-dhabi-gp_

edit: Just read it again. Nico was also supposed to do podium interviews last season at a race, but was removed because Lewis didn't want him to do it :4_joy:

Yeah this is what I meant, I know they were close mates from their karting days till the season Nico won it, things turned sour. They wouldn't even say good morning to each other at team meeting and briefings. what you said about not being interviewed by Rosberg, this is why I asked lol.

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Everyone knows my opinion on Lewis, but he should let the feud with Nico go if it still exists in any way. It's been what, two years now since he retired?

I respect Lewis as a driver, so much, but he's just so unlikable as a person. He has no real own personality. I've never seen him cracking jokes at press conferences, and when he tries, it seems so unnatural and forced. Like he's desperately trying to be a persona he isn't. Somewhere a long the way he lost himself. I don't know if it started with that Pussy Cat Doll Scherzinger broad, that he got into the limelight and decided he needs to be a Hollywood-esque character. He just seems so plastic and fake, that you can't even take him serious as a person. That's why I want Seb to beat him so hard. He's the exact opposite. True to himself and genuine. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Has anyone else noticed that Kubica is miles behind? Said he was only 20% prepared for today due to the issues that Williams have faced and now finds himself 2 minutes off the pace :o

Grosjean fault is due to front left wheel issue, deja vu.

Either that or the suspension was already damaged hence problems during pit stop... 

• Subscriber

Racing Points logo is like one of those PES/Football Manager logos where they haven't got the rights to the Force India name so they can only use the colours. Surprised they're not called Team Delhi or something like that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Interesting race for Gasly now, on fresh tyres and in the points. Will more than likely breeze past Kyvat and Stroll - probably finish around 7th/8th? Not too bad in terms of recovery. 

Think he's had a mare to be honest. Verstappen has passed a Ferrari in the same car. Gasly should be able to have more of an impact on these midfield runners.

This race has been very odd in terms of pace. Ferrari are almost a second slower than Bottas if you average the gap out over 40 laps, and Hamilton is closer to Ferrari than Bottas. 

Ridiculously comfortable for Valtteri, hope we don't see any insanely unlucky puncture or something. It's far from the first time Hamilton has been outclassed in a race by his teammate but not with this much of a gap.

• Subscriber

Interesting race for Gasly now, on fresh tyres and in the points. Will more than likely breeze past Kyvat and Stroll - probably finish around 7th/8th? Not too bad in terms of recovery. 

Maybe even an extra point for the fastest lap if he manages to take advantage of his fresh tires 

• Subscriber

Bottas on the team radio saying he's going to push at the end for 26 points, even asked whether they could do another pit stop for fresh tyres to pump some laps in. 

Love Valtierri, will be proper happy if he can bring it home. 

I know it's only one race but from what I've read about his training over the summer and his performance this weekend, I really think he means business this year.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived