talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 Confederations Cup Hosts

football forum

Qatar won't be hosting it due it being played in summer so another AFC member nation will host it which is yet to be decided. 

Won't be any Gulf country for the same reason. Japan and Korea are too obvious and they host a lot of tournaments.

Australia and China seem good option and it can act as a test whether they can host a WC in future.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think an Australian tournament would be rather nice honestly. They'll have better weather during that time of the year (correct me if im wrong) and they have the infrastructure as well.

Something says me it will be Japan Korea in the end, or maybe for a change China 

Australia isn't interested it seems

4 hours ago, Azeem said:

Something says me it will be Japan Korea in the end, or maybe for a change China 

Australia isn't interested it seems

I think Australia would do an amazing job hosting the tournament. Just because we have this deep down little brother type desire to be seen to be the best.

We definitely still want the tournament but I think we still haven't recovered from losing the 2022 bid to Qatar. That was such a bitter pill as d a lesson in fifa politics. 

We were so naive and idealistic before that tournament was awarded.... "we must be in with a good chance, since the USA only had it in 94, and Korea and Japan both did in 2002. The Qatar bid is obviously a ridiculous option so that just leaves us in a great position, especially after we did such a great job with the Sydney Olympics.... England should get 2018 and we'll get 2022 it will be amazing! 

But then... eliminated in the first round of voting with just a single vote. The taxpayers demanded to know where their 22m of funding went. It's been a major setback for football in this country for a decade. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think an Australian tournament would be rather nice honestly. They'll have better weather during that time of the year (correct me if im wrong) and they have the infrastructure as well.

June is early Australian winter. So I'd think similar weather to England in mid October. 

I read that the Confederations Cup would be cancelled. Which is funny if true, it's as if they knew that this tournament would become the actual World Cup after 2022.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I think Australia would do an amazing job hosting the tournament. Just because we have this deep down little brother type desire to be seen to be the best.

We definitely still want the tournament but I think we still haven't recovered from losing the 2022 bid to Qatar. That was such a bitter pill as d a lesson in fifa politics. 

We were so naive and idealistic before that tournament was awarded.... "we must be in with a good chance, since the USA only had it in 94, and Korea and Japan both did in 2002. The Qatar bid is obviously a ridiculous option so that just leaves us in a great position, especially after we did such a great job with the Sydney Olympics.... England should get 2018 and we'll get 2022 it will be amazing! 

But then... eliminated in the first round of voting with just a single vote. The taxpayers demanded to know where their 22m of funding went. It's been a major setback for football in this country for a decade. 

I've always said I would like to see Australia host a world cup. I think they would do a good job.

A bit of topic but @Blue what is the deal with a Llama avatar 😂

24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've always said I would like to see Australia host a world cup. I think they would do a good job.

It's a very typical animal in Peru, similar to how you would relate Lions with African (or Egyptian for Brian) countries or Kangaroos with Australia, think they don't use horses and when you go visit Machu Picchu you mount on them.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

It's a very typical animal in Peru, similar to how you would relate Lions with African (or Egyptian for Brian) countries or Kangaroos with Australia, think they don't use horses and when you go visit Machu Picchu you mount on them.

Ha haI know they are common there. Just thought it was a bit weird

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Haha, decided to pull a @Toinho :D 

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Well people don't actually ride Llamas. That's a myth, but yes you are right on everything else. In Machu Picchu there are Llamas just wandering around same as Alpacas. 

Llamas are very aggresive animals. They don't harm you physically, they are kind of like Skunks. Their spit can really stick on you. Alpacas are more calm.

Contrary to popular belief, Llamas aren't our national animal. I think they are Bolivia's, but not us. That is the Vicuña. However, many people identify the Llama, or the Condor with Peru more than Bolivia.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Well people don't actually ride Llamas. That's a myth, but yes you are right on everything else. In Machu Picchu there are Llamas just wandering around same as Alpacas. 

Llamas are very aggresive animals. They don't harm you physically, they are kind of like Skunks. Their spit can really stick on you. Alpacas are more calm.

Contrary to popular belief, Llamas aren't our national animal. I think they are Bolivia's, but not us. That is the Vicuña. However, many people identify the Llama, or the Condor with Peru more than Bolivia.

How can you tell a llama from an alpaca? They look the same to me

11 hours ago, Harry said:

How can you tell a llama from an alpaca? They look the same to me

Visually they are a different colour. Alpacas have shorter ears and more fur. 

Otherwise they are a lot more tame than Llamas. Alpacas don't attack as much.

Archived