• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Love, Death & Robots (On Netflix)

football forum

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching this and people of TF365 get on this one as soon as possible. 

Okay, so you have 18 adult animated episodes that are basically 5 to 19 minutes long, depending on the stories. So, it won't take a lot of your time, but I would advise against binge watching. Trust me, a break between episodes will allow you to absorb and think about the nice episodes and forget the ones you didn't like. 

It's not perfect. You will love certain episodes; like some; be meh about some and hate some. That entirely depends on you and your personal likes. And that's the beauty of this series. Also, it explores lots of themes and ideas set primarily in futuristic worlds. And the animation is gorgeous. 

You might have seen some stories in other movies or series before and here they are slightly changed(There's a Clooney less Gravity like episode). Some episodes might seem mash up of two movies(theres a Tremors+Starship Troopers bit). 

There are few faults. Or some episodes which could have been better with better writing or better endings. 

So, who should watch this? If you like 

Anime

Sci-fi 

Stories with twist(fun or deep) 

Black Mirror

Cats (yes, cats). 

WARNING though. There is loads of gore and graphic nudity. 

I only disliked 4 stories, but I would love to discuss the series with others. 

• Subscriber
On 18/03/2019 at 21:50, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just finished watching this and people of TF365 get on this one as soon as possible. 

Okay, so you have 18 adult animated episodes that are basically 5 to 19 minutes long, depending on the stories. So, it won't take a lot of your time, but I would advise against binge watching. Trust me, a break between episodes will allow you to absorb and think about the nice episodes and forget the ones you didn't like. 

It's not perfect. You will love certain episodes; like some; be meh about some and hate some. That entirely depends on you and your personal likes. And that's the beauty of this series. Also, it explores lots of themes and ideas set primarily in futuristic worlds. And the animation is gorgeous. 

You might have seen some stories in other movies or series before and here they are slightly changed(There's a Clooney less Gravity like episode). Some episodes might seem mash up of two movies(theres a Tremors+Starship Troopers bit). 

There are few faults. Or some episodes which could have been better with better writing or better endings. 

Anime

Sci-fi 

Black Mirror

Cats (yes, cats). 

Started it today, I quite like it so far.

On 18/03/2019 at 16:20, IgnisExcubitor said:

Anime

Sci-fi 

Black Mirror

Cats (yes, cats). 

Summed up the whole thing very well there.... I kind of binged over 2 nights as the episodes are fairly short, loved the opener and although some of the stories were not at that level after that there were one or two really good ones, nice mix of CGI/animation throughout though and well worth watching for me.. 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't like anime. Should I still watch it?

It's not really anime, just a concoction of CGI/Animated stuff by various artists.. some nice work and art styles on show, story wise it will be pick and mix for you.. 

Related image

Related image

Related image

Those are some examples from the episodes... 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I don't like anime. Should I still watch it?

But you love a good sci-fi and twist. So, you will like it. 

As @Bluewolf has posted the pics above, some of it is 3d animation or live action capture, plain animation and one pixar like short too. 

@topic

Would love to hear everyone's top five or favourites. Mine are:

1) Three Robots

2) Zima Blue 

3) Witness

4) When the Yogurt took Over

5) Suits

Special mention to Lucky 13, Helping Hand, Sucker of Souls, Sonnie's Edge and Secret War. 

Fish Night and Good Hunting (apart from Witness) were gorgeous to look at, but I didn't like them. Honestly, I didn't understand Fish Night at first, until wife explained it to me. Makes it seem deep, but I still didn't like it. 

I would have loved Beyond the Aquila Rift if they hadn't stretched the ending. 

43 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'll watch it if nudge gives it a green light. I don't know if I can trust you anime nerds. 

How dare you sir!!! I am not a great fan of Anime myself.. Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina are decent though... 

Rolling Stone described it as the 'Heavy Metal' for Post Millennials but I would not expect someone of your limited artistic experience to be in a position to judge... You are in no better position to spot artistic talent than a T-Rex is to being able to scratch it's own bum.. 

Anyway... 

Image result for good day sir gif

Given the first 7 or so a watch. Very entertaining, but ultimately pointless. Reminds me a lot of the ABCs of death, but with more style. My least favorite so far has been The witness.Suits was also a bit garbo imo. 

Favourites have been Sonnies edge and attack of the spider vagina monster Beyond the Aquila rift

Will continue to watch 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought Sonnies Edge was pretty good... 

Yeah it was, Sonnie's Edge reminded me of Heavy Metal a bit and that's always a good thing. I also liked Three Robots although it was a bit silly. Will continue watching for sure.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah it was, Sonnie's Edge reminded me of Heavy Metal a bit and that's always a good thing. I also liked Three Robots although it was a bit silly. Will continue watching for sure.

They go a bit up and down as it goes along, some you will like some you won't 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

They go a bit up and down as it goes along, some you will like some you won't 

Ah they're just shorts anyway, no big deal if some are below par :) 

• 5 months later...

01. E03: The Witness 
02. E07: Beyond The Aquila Rift
03. E01: Sonnie's Edge
04. E12: Fish Night
05. E18: The Secret War
06. E14: Zima Blue
07. E02: Three Robots
08. E11: Helping Hand
09. E10: Shape Shifters
10. E13: Lucky 13
11. E06: When The Yogurt Took Over