talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Butterfly Effect

football forum

What are some crazy instances you know of where an insignificant event led to a bigger outcome?

Here's a couple: 

Hitler was spared by a British soldier in WW1

If the Buffalo Bills didn't do so poorly the season before they drafted OJ Simpson, the Kardashians would be working as Sales associates at a local retail shop. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

The Butterfly Effect is such an amazing theory. Some parts of my life have freakily turned for the better because of A, B and D aligning at the right time.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The Butterfly Effect is such an amazing theory. Some parts of my life have freakily turned for the better because of A, B and D aligning at the right time.

I C what you've done there.

• Subscriber

I spent a bit of time unemployed when I was younger, not something I'm really proud of but I was signing on for a while.

I was doing this work experience at the JobCentre as a part of their requirements for me to get money and it was utter shit. I ended up fucking off home because I just spent the day sitting there doing quite literally nothing.

When I fucked off home, I applied for a couple of jobs.

I got one of them and I'm still there.

Imagine if I'd had something to do at work experience?

Pakistan has the largest football making industry in the world. How did it all happened 

A British army officer's took his damaged football to a cobbler in Sialkot. The other day he saw another ball along with his old ball fixed, when asked where the other ball came from the cobbler said he made it from the spare leather he had and made it seeing your football. 

The officer paid him to make more footballs for him, and this turned into the city supplying footballs for the the World Cup years later

• Subscriber

I love the butterfly effect and how it can tie in with divine intervention. Always thinking when I'm stuck in traffic if it is for a reason, especially when you see an accident on the side of the road further ahead. Was I stopped in that traffic so that it wouldn't be me? 

Yeah, it's great.

I mean, my old man took me to see my first football game and I chose to support Leeds as they were playing.

Stuck with them ever since and had a life time of misery. 

Now imagine if he'd brainwashed me to support his number one love, Man City?

I'd be loving life, have a man crush on Aguero and Silva, doing cartwheels round the forum and high fives with @Happy Blue and @Amehh gloating on the Premier League board than being a Billy No Mates in the Championship.

What a lucky escape I've had. Cheers Pops...

• Administrator

Chilling at home tonight, had the fire on whole having dinner, watched the football. 

Finished clearing up after dinner, finished all the football, got ready for bed, brushed my teeth, just about to get in to bed. Realised I left my charger downstairs. 

Went downstairs, got my charger (from the kitchen), was about to go up the stairs then saw out the corner of my eye I'd left the fire on :o

So thanks to forgetting my charger, I was able to turn the fire off and save something catastrophic happening after my carelessness... 

football forum
8 hours ago, Stan said:

Chilling at home tonight, had the fire on whole having dinner, watched the football. 

Finished clearing up after dinner, finished all the football, got ready for bed, brushed my teeth, just about to get in to bed. Realised I left my charger downstairs. 

Went downstairs, got my charger (from the kitchen), was about to go up the stairs then saw out the corner of my eye I'd left the fire on :o

So thanks to forgetting my charger, I was able to turn the fire off and save something catastrophic happening after my carelessness... 

Gutted.

• Subscriber

The Chernobyl disaster. In 1986, a test at the Chernobyl nuclear plant went awry and released 400 times the radiation produced by the bombing of Hiroshima. One hundred fifteen thousand people were evacuated from the area, with many deaths and birth defects resulting from the radiation. Even today, some areas remain too dangerous to visit. However, it could have been much worse. After the initial explosion, three plant workers volunteered to turn off the underwater valves to prevent a second explosion. It has long been believed that the trio died as a result, although there is now some evidence this may not have been the case. Regardless, diving into a dark basement flooded with radioactive water was a heroic act. Had they failed to turn off the valve, half of Europe would have been destroyed and rendered uninhabitable for half a million years. Russia, Ukraine, and Kiev also would have become unfit for human habitation. Whether they lived or not, the three men—Alexei Ananenko, Valeri Bezpalov and Boris Baranov—stilled the wings of a deadly butterfly. Indeed, the entire Chernobyl disaster was the result of poor design and the ineptitude of staff. The long-term result (in addition to the impact on residents of the area) was a widespread anxiety towards nuclear plants and bias against nuclear power, leading to a preference for fossil fuels. Some people have speculated that Chernobyl is responsible for the acceleration of global warming, as countries became unduly slow to adopt nuclear power.

• Subscriber

Moved into a flat years ago with the wife and kids, I noticed the weighted window sashes were frayed and the glass cracked, got hold of the then landlord and told him it needed fixing so he arranged for a glazier to call as soon as he could.

About an hour later I heard a van outside, lifted the window up with some effort until it was half open, stuck my head out to see if it was the glazier when the wife suddenly called me for something, I pulled my head back in and looked at her and suddenly the sashes of the window frame snapped, the window came hurling down and smashed the glass, when I looked at the way the glass had shattered it looked like a guillotine blade that had just been used to chop someones head off.

I have always said that if the wife had not called me at that particular time the glass would have chopped my head off and landed in the garden below from our second floor flat.    

One afternoon in 1914, a man named Gavrilo Princip went out to buy a sandwich at a food stand. On the corner of his eye, he saw the Archduke Franz Ferdinand being driven around the block. Gavrilo finished his sandwich, approached the vehicle, and assassinated the Archduke. The rest is history. 

If Gavrilo simply made his own sandwich, WW1 may never have happened. 

8 minutes ago, Azeem said:

One night in 1992 @Berserker's parents forgot to take their sleeping pills and the rest is history 

How very fucking dare you, you muslamic ray-gun bearing, goatshagging waste of sperm!

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

One night in 2001 @Berserker was touched by a man dressed as a woman. The rest is history. 

One night in 2019 cum-guzzling @Cicero was ravaged in every possibly place and sense by a very mean looking man wearing a Higuain mask and a David Luiz's wig. The rest is history.

Archived