The better place to talk football.

The Butterfly Effect

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

One afternoon in 1914, a man named Gavrilo Princip went out to buy a sandwich at a food stand. On the corner of his eye, he saw the Archduke Franz Ferdinand being driven around the block. Gavrilo finished his sandwich, approached the vehicle, and assassinated the Archduke. The rest is history. 

If Gavrilo simply made his own sandwich, WW1 may never have happened. 

Are you suggesting that he was desperate to assassinate Franz Ferdinand yet was more interested in finishing his sandwich?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Are you suggesting that he was desperate to assassinate Franz Ferdinand yet was more interested in finishing his sandwich?

Priorities are correct there to be honest.

One afternoon in 1914, a man named Gavrilo Princip went out to buy a sandwich at a food stand. On the corner of his eye, he saw the Archduke Franz Ferdinand being driven around the block. Gavrilo finished his sandwich, approached the vehicle, and assassinated the Archduke. The rest is history. 

If Gavrilo simply made his own sandwich, the human race would never have been graced with this great album:

220px-Franz-Ferdinand.PNG

One afternoon in 1914, a man named Gavrilo Princip went out to buy a sandwich at a food stand. On the corner of his eye, he saw the Archduke Franz Ferdinand being driven around the block. Gavrilo finished his sandwich, approached the vehicle, and assassinated the Archduke. The rest is history. 

If Gavrilo simply made his own sandwich, the human race would never have been graced with this great album:

220px-Franz-Ferdinand.PNG

20 hours ago, Berserker said:

How very fucking dare you, you muslamic ray-gun bearing, goatshagging waste of sperm!

One night in 2019 cum-guzzling @Cicero was ravaged in every possibly place and sense by a very mean looking man wearing a Higuain mask and a David Luiz's wig. The rest is history.

Interesting that you admit Higuain has a mean face. It's not like you to bad mouth him. 🤔

21 hours ago, Cicero said:

One afternoon in 1914, a man named Gavrilo Princip went out to buy a sandwich at a food stand. On the corner of his eye, he saw the Archduke Franz Ferdinand being driven around the block. Gavrilo finished his sandwich, approached the vehicle, and assassinated the Archduke. The rest is history. 

If Gavrilo simply made his own sandwich, WW1 may never have happened. 

Spur of the moment assassination? Dubious but I'm intrigued. 

4 weeks ago a family friend called me to let me know they were down at their beach house for the week and they wanted my son and I to come down there for a day trip. I said we'd come down mid week. 

On the Wednesday I told my son about it and he was super excited. As we had the car packed I called to let them know we were on the way only to find they'd changed their mind and headed home to their usual house the day before. 

Managing 3 yo Ethans disappointment for bathers and swimming I quickly hashed out a plan B to go to the local pool instead with his cousin (my nephew) coming with us. 

Turns out my nephew was hours away from coming down with a nasty fever virus, and was highly infectious at that moment so a few days later Ethan got sick. It was a nasty nasty bug, but each time we took him to the doctors they said it was viral thing so no antibiotics needed. A few days later the bug went away but E got really tired, floppy, couldn't even swallow food, almost comatose. It was clear something was very wrong. Rushed him to hospital and the doctors there ran all sorts of tests and turned out he'd had encephalitis, which is a brain attacking auto immune condition that was triggered by the initial virus. He was in intensive care and in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks and I took 3 weeks off work to be there by his side. For the first week we had no idea what sort of recovery he'd make and we were in total despair thinking our little man had gone from perfect to brain damaged in the blink of an eye. When he was asleep I cried like I didn't even know was possible for an adult, like I was 3 years old myself. 

Long story short, thankfully he's made an amazing recovery but it was the most horrific experience. 

And it all happened because one guy decided to go home early from his beach house.

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

Spur of the moment assassination? Dubious but I'm intrigued. 

Was part of the black hand gang. They wanted to kill the Archduke given their invasion to what I believe was Austria-Hungary at the time. 

The Archduke and his driver took a different path to what they normally did. This path led them to a block where Princip was, who just so happened to have spotted him and took action. 

Mental isn't it. 

Archived