Recent Form
Leicester - LLDLL
Crystal Palace - WDWDW

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

From what I can remember they are a bit of a bogey team for you?

Recently so, yes.

I'm not entirely confident about how Saturday will go given that record but I'm hoping Tielemans can be the difference again as he impressed in parts against Spurs. The downside being that Chilwell and Maddison are doubts for the game and they've been two key players so far this season.

• Subscriber

I don't think it's a co-incidence Palace often beat us. They set up as quite a well disciplined, tough to break down team but do have quality inside it and a big threat on the break too. That's the model on how to beat this Leicester side. I always say the most frustrating thing about this Leicester team is that we are the model team we'd have beaten in 2015/16, we were built to eat away at sides like our current one.

The big difference tomorrow is we've actually brought in a midfielder who looks like he can pass a football. Tielemans probably had as good a game at Tottenham as I've seen Mendy have for us and it's one game.

The performance at Wembley was very encouraging albeit fruitless. I think sections of our fans while I admire them getting behind what is being done, need to calm their expectations a little bit ahead of tomorrow. It's not like we didn't play well away at Tottenham last year either.

I do worry though that it's going to be another Palace win because I don't think Puel will change how he sets up in these games and Palace have our number. I think as well if we lose tomorrow it's going to be toxic because people are frankly sick of this home form.

This game will dictate how the rest of the season goes in my opinion.

• Subscriber
On 21/02/2019 at 20:24, Stan said:

Recently so, yes.

I'm not entirely confident about how Saturday will go given that record but I'm hoping Tielemans can be the difference again as he impressed in parts against Spurs. The downside being that Chilwell and Maddison are doubts for the game and they've been two key players so far this season.

Do you think our injury record is getting a little concerning? We seem to have had a lot more this year than in previous years.

Well Roy Hodgson is 9 0 up in 3 matches against Claude Puel's Leicester City which is encouraging. I'm not getting ahead of myself because, throughout this campaign we have shown a pretty poor mentality. We get comfortable after a good result and then we get punished. I don't think we have won two games in a row once.

Leicester City will be bouyoed by the news that the GOAT that is Aaron Wan-Bissaka will not be playing. I have the utmost confidence in Joel Ward to fill that void though as he's played well during every game he's played this season.

This could be a pretty defining game for us. Realistically three more wins will keep us up but I look at this team on paper and I think we should be striving to catch up with the teams ahead of us. We really should be looking forwards and not over our shoulder. A win today would hopefully do that.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

LLDLL - How is Leicesters form that bad but it's the quietest it's been in ages with the talk about Puel getting sacked 😂.

Boring talking about it for months on end. 

Funny stuff... Schmeichel complaining about not getting a penalty at the other end of the pitch... something he could not possibly have had a decent view of.. not a penalty for me anyway.. another one of those go down under the softest of touches jobs.. 

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny stuff... Schmeichel complaining about not getting a penalty at the other end of the pitch... something he could not possibly have had a decent view of.. not a penalty for me anyway.. another one of those go down under the softest of touches jobs.. 

Imagine if Zaha got in the refs face like those Leicester City players did at half time 🙄

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Bit unfair. I think we've done well today 😁

You did your usual. Sit back, wait for us to fuck up and pick us off on the break. Why any team wouldn't do it to us is beyond me.

• The title was changed to Leicester 1-4 Crystal Palace - Saturday 23rd February, 2019

Archived