talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 24th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool for me continue to have the problem of cramming their best creative players in absolutely no space. Always leaves them relying on some magic to unlock defenses which rarely comes without Firmino.

City can consistently trouble deep defenses because they leave game-changing players in loads of space. Liverpool today have put Milner in the attacking position with the most space.

For example, if Milner moved inside, Wijnaldum moved further up, and Salah was left wide-right, he'd probably have been much more influential as opposed to being marked to oblivion.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 24th February, 2019

I hated watching that. Our best players going out of form at the wrong time of the season. Out the front three, it's only mane that you can say has performed well the last few weeks. 

Feels like we've dropped 3 points, and I fully expect City to go on and lift the cup from now. Their squad is so much better.

• Subscriber

What a load of old shite that was. Liverpools attack looks tragic at the moment.

Footballers are awful too. That entire game, like every other, was 90% players trying to win fouls instead of actually trying to get forward and score. Crap sport we all watch now I'm afraid.

Shaw was the best player on the pitch. We were shite in the final third though.

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Boring match again.

Lukaku is a bit rubbish for a top top side isn’t he.

I think overall he’s probably not good enough. Can’t really fault him today though, he was a makeshift right winger and he’s clearly not suited to playing there but put a real shift in. 

Considering when United didn’t have the ball they were essentially down to 10 men (Rashford was clearly conserving himself for making runs when they had the ball), I think they performed admirably.

We struggled for creativity all match.

Very good result considering the injuries and Rashford being a passenger.  Great defending from United, Mane and Salah were absolutely quiet and De Gea had nothing to do.

Has to be a blow to Liverpool's title hopes at least psychologically if they can't beat United under those circumstances. 

Disappointing performance, but we've looked out of sorts all year apart from our victory over Bournemouth so not really surprised. Under normal circumstances, I would've taken 0-0 with that in mind, but in the context of a title chase it's not good enough. Still just about in our hands, but we need to shape up quickly.

50 minutes ago, Rick said:

We look clueless going forward. Sturridge was a bad decision from Klopp. Salah & Mane are invisible.

I agree. Bringing Sturridge on just didn't create any space for Salah or Mane. Origi on for Firmino would have been better. Such a disappointing second half. Sturridge is no good to this side unless he's brought on for the last 10 minutes where he could pull something unexpected out of the bag.

Positives are that we're top of the league, same games played. I'd have probably taken that before kick off

Hang on, let's be fair. It's a point for Liverpool at Old Trafford. It's not like they have dropped points to Cardiff.

United, arguably the form team in the division and the one team that would try hell for leather to beat Liverpool.

Liverpool were average of course, but they got a point playing average. This league will be fine margins. That could be massive.

City still have to go there right near the end of the season when United will be out the Champions League, and with a stronger squad to choose from. Won't be easy for City in the slightest.

I don't think Liverpool should beat themselves up too much about it. Win against Watford and its a good week.

• Subscriber

Smalling touches that ball and its a very different story. Thank goodness hes utter shit and whilst we should be happy that we got away with the point and we're leading the pack there are a lot more games to go where things could go wrong but just focusing on whats next is more important. Sturridge should be coming on if Origi isn't fit and I don't get why Shaqiri wasn't on earlier because once he did come on the ball was moving faster and we looked a bit more dangerous.

• Subscriber

I never saw the match as we had visitors but I guessed we had either drawn or won as our son never texted me shit stirring during and after the game xD

Roll on next season and I hope Ole is still in charge, Palace next in the League and that won't be an easy one at Selhurst Park and I hope Martial is fit, him and Rashford and Pogba are doing a lovely 3 man act atm and I hope it continues, our son said he would be quite happy with a draw but as I said to him, draw today and that will be 6 draws so far and only losing 1, come to the end of the season and any more draws could cost you the EPL Title.

I still think Liverpool will win it this year.  :ay:

10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Congratulations to Liverpool for getting a point aginst our reserves.

I don't think the injuries and changes did Liverpool any favours. It meant Man United were happy to sit in, limit the space and take a draw.

10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Congratulations to Liverpool for getting a point aginst our reserves.

I don't think the injuries and changes did Liverpool any favours. It meant Man United were happy to sit in, limit the space and take a draw.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived