talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 24th February, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Someone made a point elsewhere, we've seen Liverpool teams in a title challenge go to Old Trafford and twat these but it meant nothing in the end. Hopefully this point wins us the league

Think under Ole they are very different and had it been another time like earlier in the season we'd have beaten them senseless. Having said that any point here is a good point and keeps the pressure on City to perform as well.They will lose a game before they reach the end and if it comes later rather than sooner it will be a blessing in disguise for us.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never looked like scoring. Zero creativity or good movement up front. The less said about our passing in the final third the better. 

I can understand the performance in the first half. Even we seemed to be affected by the constant stoppages, but the team should have shown some urgency in the second. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I have to say, although it's not a poor result for Liverpool in isolation, I don't see how you can shrug off that performance. One shot on target in 90 minutes against ten men with no substitutes and two kids in midfield for United? 

City would have found a way through there and probably won at least 2-0 and that's the standard you're up against to win this title. A draw here would have been fine if they'd not struggled just as much to break down Leicester, West Ham and Bayern Munich in their last few games as well but it's becoming a pattern for them now. Had they won even one of those two league games a draw today would have been perfect but the slide continues subtly instead.

Next two games Liverpool will bash Watford because they'll turn up and try and go toe to toe with them like idiots and leave Mane and Salah to gobble up Cathcart and Holebas on the counter attack, then the derby next weekend they'll win one way or another because Everton, we'll see if that brings back some confidence.

The saving grace for them is that City have the trickier run in and still have to go to Old Trafford themselves where even though United fans would prefer City to win the League, they and the players will still be well up for the derby.

I reckon trent would have scored from that first indirect free kick. 

Klopp was pretty conservative today on a few different fronts. I'm surprised especially given the injuries which hugely limited their danger. I think he must have been comfortable with a draw. 

I'm disappointed Keita didn't start as he's been good lately and just can't get a consistent run of games. 

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I have to say, although it's not a poor result for Liverpool in isolation, I don't see how you can shrug off that performance. One shot on target in 90 minutes against ten men with no substitutes and two kids in midfield for United? 

City would have found a way through there and probably won at least 2-0 and that's the standard you're up against to win this title. A draw here would have been fine if they'd not struggled just as much to break down Leicester, West Ham and Bayern Munich in their last few games as well but it's becoming a pattern for them now. Had they won even one of those two league games a draw today would have been perfect but the slide continues subtly instead.

Next two games Liverpool will bash Watford because they'll turn up and try and go toe to toe with them like idiots and leave Mane and Salah to gobble up Cathcart and Holebas on the counter attack, then the derby next weekend they'll win one way or another because Everton, we'll see if that brings back some confidence.

The saving grace for them is that City have the trickier run in and still have to go to Old Trafford themselves where even though United fans would prefer City to win the League, they and the players will still be well up for the derby.

We'll never know what would have happened if he'd started TAA at RB, Keita in for hendo, and brought on shaq instead of Sturridge at the first sub.

I'd see that team a lot more likely to break them down. 

These games aren't half shit these days. Pretty much counting down the days til the end of the season to see which mercenary, mentally weak bottlejob twats Woodward signs next to go with Sanchez, Lukaku etc etc. It's like the managers we've had since Ferguson have all got progressively worse in terms of signings (although Memphis Depay and Angel Di Maria are easily the most pathetically weak players I've ever seen at the club).

Decent point for Liverpool I thought and they're still in a great position. Citeh have got talked about as some unbeatable side for the last decade, even when they had shit like Robinho and Balotelli, and they only ever looked anywhere near that once and that was last season. I'd still make Liverpool favourites and, unless they bottle it massively, they'll win it

10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'll take that. Not playing well whilst picking a point up to go back to the top is ok. We have now played all the top sides away and probably have the easier run in, whilst our form can only get better. 

Next. 

I would say Liverpool have the harder run in, you have Watford, Everton away, Spurs, Chelsea & Wolves while City only have Spurs at home and United away which we only have an 80% chance of winning

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I would say Liverpool have the harder run in, you have Watford, Everton away, Spurs, Chelsea & Wolves while City only have Spurs at home and United away which we only have an 80% chance of winning

Most of the tough games are at home where we have a much better record so there is hope that its a better run-in but I don't think you can discount any team at this part of the season. Desperation kicks in and in this league you could beat everyone from the top bracket and just run into a team from the lower bracket who make it hard for you as they are trying to avoid the drop.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Most of the tough games are at home where we have a much better record so there is hope that its a better run-in but I don't think you can discount any team at this part of the season. Desperation kicks in and in this league you could beat everyone from the top bracket and just run into a team from the lower bracket who make it hard for you as they are trying to avoid the drop.

This time of the season also comes down to squad depth where the fresher fringe players can lift a team getting tired or a few injurys

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

This time of the season also comes down to squad depth where the fresher fringe players can lift a team getting tired or a few injurys

So true and if you're the kind of team competing on all fronts then it becomes even more of a challenge to stay in it. I still think if we can get past March with no damage to our table position then we'll be good to go till the end. 

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So true and if you're the kind of team competing on all fronts then it becomes even more of a challenge to stay in it. I still think if we can get past March with no damage to our table position then we'll be good to go till the end. 

It's nice we have a real title battle this season but i think you are running out of steam and are starting to fall away

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's nice we have a real title battle this season but i think you are running out of steam and are starting to fall away

Two more draws and its game over as far as I am concerned. The only thing that could go wrong is an upset on your side but the way you'll are playing now that seems highly unlikely to come from you'll.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Two more draws and its game over as far as I am concerned. The only thing that could go wrong is an upset on your side but the way you'll are playing now that seems highly unlikely to come from you'll.

I wonder how injuries to Fernandinho and Laporte are going to affect them. 

I just read Guardiola saying that the duo could be out for some weeks. 

24 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Wasn't Fernandinho absent for the two games they lost over Christmas?

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I think that Fernandinho missing along with a lack of up-front holding and creativity is what did them in. I can't see that happening now because back then players like Bernado were also not at their full potential. If im not wrong even Sane was out as well with Silva?

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think that Fernandinho missing along with a lack of up-front holding and creativity is what did them in. I can't see that happening now because back then players like Bernado were also not at their full potential. If im not wrong even Sane was out as well with Silva?

And De Bruyne, Mendy, Aguero

Archived