Saturday 23rd February, 2019
Bournemouth vs Wolves
Newcastle vs Huddersfield

Sunday 24th February, 2019
Arsenal vs Southampton, 14.05

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result for Newcastle. Helped with HUddersfield going down a guy on a horrible tackle on Almiron.

Massive 3 points though, and MA looked really good, helped with the goals, and set up Pirez to score a couple more (but were missed). Loved the reaction from the fans, and team in general.

Apparently there's a stat showing Almiron created more chances today than any other Newcastle player has since coming back up nearly 2 years ago.

Today reminded me of my teenage years. Good football and a massive roar of encouragement for the new signing. We never had trophies when I was younger but we always had trophy players. It's always been in the culture of the club and the city to want players to adore. Almiron brought the little boy out in thousands of fans today.

It's a shame this only goes down as a 2-0 win as it should have been 5 minimum. Lost count of the amount of times I shot out of my seat only for it to be a near miss. 

It's only Huddersfield and they had 10 men blah blah blah. Don't really care to be honest as these moments are so rare now they need to be savoured. Especially as we'll probably be back down to earth on Tuesday night. It's not often you get 29 shots at goal in 1 game.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently there's a stat showing Almiron created more chances today than any other Newcastle player has since coming back up nearly 2 years ago.

Today reminded me of my teenage years. Good football and a massive roar of encouragement for the new signing. We never had trophies when I was younger but we always had trophy players. It's always been in the culture of the club and the city to want players to adore. Almiron brought the little boy out in thousands of fans today.

It's a shame this only goes down as a 2-0 win as it should have been 5 minimum. Lost count of the amount of times I shot out of my seat only for it to be a near miss. 

It's only Huddersfield and they had 10 men blah blah blah. Don't really care to be honest as these moments are so rare now they need to be savoured. Especially as we'll probably be back down to earth on Tuesday night. It's not often you get 29 shots at goal in 1 game.

I had 10 ST holders here watching the game, and we all got excited and proud with how he was treated when subbed off. I am going to be getting my an Almiron jersey and hoping he doesn't hit the post next time he has that great of a chance. :)

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I had 10 ST holders here watching the game, and we all got excited and proud with how he was treated when subbed off. I am going to be getting my an Almiron jersey and hoping he doesn't hit the post next time he has that great of a chance. :)

It's the culture of the place with big signings. I love the roar and enthusiasm people have for it. We don't get it very often anymore but everyone has so much hope for an individual to do well that it feels good to be part of. At it's peak 20000 fans went to the stadium for Michael Owen's unveiling, 15000 lined the streets to get a glimpse of Shearer. It can all change very fast of course and has with many signings in the past.

Even though he hit the post the absolute class of the attempted finish had everyone out of their seats applauding long after. That's partly because we don't have that ability and partly that encouragement for new big players.

He's obviously got bags of confidence and belief from his success with your lot but the biggest challenge here is likely to come when the team is in a bad run, it will happen every now and then. The crowd will become difficult on the team at times. 

The first 30 minutes of that game were just ridiculous, hit the post twice, Losl pulled off a couple of top saves and then let a tame shot run through his legs before it rolled just in front of the lines, red card. Almiron brings pace and excitement, we have looked good on the break this season without any real pace or unpredictability (don’t even know if that’s a word) but he brings that. 

I wholeheartedly agree when you say it was like when we were buzzing with the signing of exciting big name players again, Rafa has found a gem here.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

It's the culture of the place with big signings. I love the roar and enthusiasm people have for it. We don't get it very often anymore but everyone has so much hope for an individual to do well that it feels good to be part of. At it's peak 20000 fans went to the stadium for Michael Owen's unveiling, 15000 lined the streets to get a glimpse of Shearer. It can all change very fast of course and has with many signings in the past.

Even though he hit the post the absolute class of the attempted finish had everyone out of their seats applauding long after. That's partly because we don't have that ability and partly that encouragement for new big players.

He's obviously got bags of confidence and belief from his success with your lot but the biggest challenge here is likely to come when the team is in a bad run, it will happen every now and then. The crowd will become difficult on the team at times. 

2 hours ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

The first 30 minutes of that game were just ridiculous, hit the post twice, Losl pulled off a couple of top saves and then let a tame shot run through his legs before it rolled just in front of the lines, red card. Almiron brings pace and excitement, we have looked good on the break this season without any real pace or unpredictability (don’t even know if that’s a word) but he brings that. 

I wholeheartedly agree when you say it was like when we were buzzing with the signing of exciting big name players again, Rafa has found a gem here.

Yeah - it was definitely a special moment today in front of his fans, and them showing appreciation. I have never really been into the EPL, but watching Newcastle today got me into it. 

I'm even debating buying an Almiron jersey. I'm really hoping Newcastle can continue to get points, avoid relegation, and somehow convince Ashley to make other smart purchases. 

The big chance I see coming is that Rondon and him will get more and more comfortable working together, and Rondon will be fed a plethora of good ball with the amount of defenders Miggy seems to draw. 

Keep it up Newcastle! 

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah - it was definitely a special moment today in front of his fans, and them showing appreciation. I have never really been into the EPL, but watching Newcastle today got me into it. 

I'm even debating buying an Almiron jersey. I'm really hoping Newcastle can continue to get points, avoid relegation, and somehow convince Ashley to make other smart purchases. 

The big chance I see coming is that Rondon and him will get more and more comfortable working together, and Rondon will be fed a plethora of good ball with the amount of defenders Miggy seems to draw. 

Keep it up Newcastle! 

Good luck with that. Ashley usually only spends when he shits himself about losing money (ie. possibility of relegation). 

• The topic was unpinned

That penalty claim at Arsenal's first goal sums up football at the moment. No foul or obstruction caused, just physical contact on his back and the player goes down and everyone agrees that he was fouled even though the player threw himself to the floor.

Archived