• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Given Transfer Ban for Two Transfer Windows

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Chelsea appeal against transfer ban, Fifa confirms

Chelsea have appealed against Fifa's decision to ban them from signing players in the next two transfer windows.

It follows the world governing body's investigation into Chelsea's signing of foreign under-18 players.

Fifa says it found breaches in 29 cases out of 92 investigated, including striker Bertrand Traore, now at Lyon.

The governing body says it has received an appeal but could not confirm when this would be heard.

Chelsea have also been fined £460,000, while the Football Association has been fined £390,000.

The ban, which runs until the end of January 2020, does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to their women's and futsal teams.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47459808

• Subscriber

Chelsea request to postpone transfer ban denied by FIFA

The club say they are "astonished" by FIFA's decision not to suspend its sanction

By Sky Sports News

Last Updated: 08/03/19 4:00pm

FIFA has denied a request from Chelsea to postpone their transfer ban while they appeal the punishment.

In response, the club say they are "astonished" by FIFA's ruling and will consider their next steps once written reasons are provided.

"Chelsea could now ask the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to grant an interim ruling, which would allow players to be signed in the off-season.

Chelsea Football Club is astonished by the FIFA Appeal Committee's decision not to suspend its sanction pending completion of the appeal process," the club said in a statement.

"The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee's decision and sanction.

"As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the club's right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

"So far as the club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed.

"In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

"We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA.

"The club notes the Appeal Committee's statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11658731/chelsea-request-to-postpone-transfer-ban-denied-by-fifa

• Subscriber

Totally agree with them being able to appeal and then if still necessary impose the transfer ban then. Whenever it's imposed, it'll still be inconvenient to Chelsea.

It is what it is though, and the process should be the same for all. Chelsea make a fair point. I would like to see a bigger pinishment handed out in the event that appeal is made but not upheld.

The appeal was denied, i mean okay we probably did something wrong as most club do. However it is not the same standards for Chelsea and for example Barcelona who dodged it and signed players under a ban. I don't really care this could be a blessing in disguise.

27 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The appeal was denied, i mean okay we probably did something wrong as most club do. However it is not the same standards for Chelsea and for example Barcelona who dodged it and signed players under a ban. I don't really care this could be a blessing in disguise.

I dont know about you, but this definitely is for Milan.

This means Bakayoko is getting out of a Rossoneri  shirt, so thats nice.

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Perhaps but it's not like we have to replace the entire team.

It's hard to recall our loans when literally none of them are good enough to start over what we have. That's the issue. Zouma could be good depth, and James could develop into a great player. But it's the winger situation that needs to be sorted more than anything. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's hard to recall our loans when literally none of them are good enough to start over what we have. That's the issue. Zouma could be good depth, and James could develop into a great player. But it's the winger situation that needs to be sorted more than anything. 

Indeed as Eden will walk in the summer regardless of our situation. He will have only a year on his contract, and we can only cash in. Willian and Pedro are old wood, they have good games but they are not good enough to be starters any more. Odoi is also likely to leave but with the ban i doubt we will allow him to leave. Pulišić is already signed so will be regarded as a brand new signing. We would new at least two more quality wingers as we can't depend on Pulišić, Odoi to start every game or Willian and Pedro.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Not better than the clubs we are competing the league against. 

They’re good enough to beat most sides in the league even if you lose to the other good clubs in the league, and you can get top 4 that way.

Also with all the panic buys at Chelsea lately, it might actually be a good thing forcing the club to use the players at its disposal.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’re good enough to beat most sides in the league even if you lose to the other good clubs in the league, and you can get top 4 that way.

Also with all the panic buys at Chelsea lately, it might actually be a good thing forcing the club to use the players at its disposal.

Unlikely given even with Hazard, we are probably going into our 2nd season finishing outside of the top 4. What makes you think replacing him with Pulisic will deliver a better outcome? 

Only Zouma, Pasalic, and James could realistically improve our bench. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Unlikely given even with Hazard, we are probably going into our 2nd season finishing outside of the top 4. What makes you think replacing him with Pulisic will deliver a better outcome? 

Only Zouma, Pasalic, and James could realistically improve our bench. 

I think this season is an adjustment season for the core of your side. Chelsea have been asked to play a completely different way to how they played last season and for many seasons before that.

I think you’ll sell Hazard because otherwise he’ll leave on a free transfer in the following window, and yes - that will be a blow. But I don’t think you’ll be letting other key players go and much of the core of your side will remain the same. And I really think Hazard will be the only one that’s let go.

But I think overall as a team you’ll look a more solid and cohesive unit. But goals will probably be hard to come by, as isn’t Higuaín just there until the end of the season?

I think it also will force you to play Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic pretty frequently and that’ll further their development

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think this season is an adjustment season for the core of your side. Chelsea have been asked to play a completely different way to how they played last season and for many seasons before that.

I think you’ll sell Hazard because otherwise he’ll leave on a free transfer in the following window, and yes - that will be a blow. But I don’t think you’ll be letting other key players go and much of the core of your side will remain the same. And I really think Hazard will be the only one that’s let go.

But I think overall as a team you’ll look a more solid and cohesive unit. But goals will probably be hard to come by, as isn’t Higuaín just there until the end of the season?

I think it also will force you to play Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic pretty frequently and that’ll further their development

Like I said, it's a risk. We'd have to hope one of the clubs in the Top 4 have a imploding season for us to even finish in the top 4. 

Pulisiic and Odoi are raw talent. Willian and Pedro are over the hill. No inbetween. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Although given the amount of loan players we have I would still be a bit concerned... Yes we are a side that is in a transition period under Sarri and if the club want to stick with him then all well and good because we need a decent period where a new style can be given a good chance to bed in, there is nothing worse than all this chop and change all the time and also it might be a good thing that we could be forced to look at what we have rather than dipping in the transfer market like we always do.. 

What would concern me though is if we are unable to bring in one or two quality signings that would help the side perform better under Sarri then where realistically does that leave us?? We know that apart from Hazard and Kante we really need to be upgrading a few players to take an extra step forward and for sure I doubt that we will find them out of any of our loan players currently or they would already be in the side, if anything we would be taking a small step backward if we were to lose the likes of Hazard who is a key player for us. Him leaving is inevitable so we have to accept that situation but currently we don't really have anyone of his level to replace him at this point in time. We could go down the youth route and I would be more than happy for that to happen as long as the club appreciate that getting that success will take longer and I don't think they will be prepared to sacrifice European competition to accommodate it. Also would the club be prepared to have some more dodgy results like this season?? we all know how quick they are on the trigger where that's concerned.. 

If we did end up losing Hazard and relied more on the likes of CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek that's great for youth progress but as a club might mean dropping off the pace while we built something around what we have but get the feeling that anything we did now would only be a stop gap change until the window re-opened then a few of these players might be pushed to the side again.. Worse case scenario is that we don't do well trying to juggle what we have with no further transfers in for a bit and then Sarri gets the boot because results are not forthcoming then we have to start all over yet again with another manager and another style of play that may require a load of different players to make it work.. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Although given the amount of loan players we have I would still be a bit concerned... Yes we are a side that is in a transition period under Sarri and if the club want to stick with him then all well and good because we need a decent period where a new style can be given a good chance to bed in, there is nothing worse than all this chop and change all the time and also it might be a good thing that we could be forced to look at what we have rather than dipping in the transfer market like we always do.. 

What would concern me though is if we are unable to bring in one or two quality signings that would help the side perform better under Sarri then where realistically does that leave us?? We know that apart from Hazard and Kante we really need to be upgrading a few players to take an extra step forward and for sure I doubt that we will find them out of any of our loan players currently or they would already be in the side, if anything we would be taking a small step backward if we were to lose the likes of Hazard who is a key player for us. Him leaving is inevitable so we have to accept that situation but currently we don't really have anyone of his level to replace him at this point in time. We could go down the youth route and I would be more than happy for that to happen as long as the club appreciate that getting that success will take longer and I don't think they will be prepared to sacrifice European competition to accommodate it. Also would the club be prepared to have some more dodgy results like this season?? we all know how quick they are on the trigger where that's concerned.. 

If we did end up losing Hazard and relied more on the likes of CHO and Reuben Loftus-Cheek that's great for youth progress but as a club might mean dropping off the pace while we built something around what we have but get the feeling that anything we did now would only be a stop gap change until the window re-opened then a few of these players might be pushed to the side again.. Worse case scenario is that we don't do well trying to juggle what we have with no further transfers in for a bit and then Sarri gets the boot because results are not forthcoming then we have to start all over yet again with another manager and another style of play that may require a load of different players to make it work.. 

I think with the transfer ban it would be really harsh to sack Sarri or any other manager unless Chelsea absolutely implode like Hodgson's Liverpool or Rodgers' last full season with us (and I suppose the part of his final season with us before we finally gave him the sack he was crying out for). Having said that, if there's one club that's going to be harsh on it's manager it's Chelsea.

I mean it really does speak volume to the mismanagement at Chelsea, this transfer ban. It's a transfer ban for breaking rules signing young players... and Chelsea are a club with a great youth team - but they also are so focused on short term success it often comes at the expense of the youth players getting a chance. So now they've fucked up the next season and their own short term goals by breaking a rule that may have helped them in the long term... if they were a club that gave youth a chance.

That's all mismanagement done above any manager's head - and it's pre-Sarri. Yet Sarri's the one who's head is on the chopping block under the pressure. But he's not the one that lead Chelsea astray.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, realfootballman said:

I must admit I'm surprised that Chelsea's appeal was flat out refused - it's usually a case where the appeal kicks in, you spend £300m to cover yourself and then have a quiet winter

Certainly makes for a sticky situation now, I guess they will have to call back some of their 147 loan players that are currently on loan elsewhere

Welcome to TF365 buddy, keep posting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived