talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Kruse

41 minutes ago, UK Grun Weiss said:

Let them play a friendly in my part of the UK against Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough. 

32 minutes ago, UK Grun Weiss said:

What about from a footballing point of view? Play a professional team (from a top UK league) or play against a third division German or Austrian team? Save a very small amount of money yet prevent your team from playing a meaningful game.

Honestly, why should they prefer the English third tier over the better German third tier, or ain't Sunderland League one?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

I call it the KeiBling effect. You have a good season. Every cunt marks the fuck out of you next season after watching all your footage. Eventually they forget then you have another good season. It separates the good from the best. He's been fine this season, nothing special but we aren't exactly Bayern Munich.

Most clubs in Germany tend to go to the same training camp in Austria/Switzerland year in, year out.

The problem is that most English clubs, specifically the Premier League ones, go off to Asia, America, Australia or even these sort of training camps the German clubs tend to use and therefore don’t play many, if any, friendlies here in the UK. 

I would like to see more European sides play games in the UK in pre-season, just for the chance to watch someone different for once. 

There comes a time when even the greatest players realise that it is just not there anymore.  The  genuine guys retire or take a backroom role to help the young guys coming along - the self-indulgent ones are fawned over by pathetic managers who ignore any possibility of young talent being able to emerge. Beckham and Linekar left the highest level - not to stop playing, but to be of use to younger up-and-coming talents.  Diego at Werder was the perfect example when his time was coming to an end and what he taught Mesut was to turn a good player into a quality international talent.  Raul's time at 04 did wonders for Max and Leon and encouragement from Daniel Farke has brought out the ability which we knew at 04 that Timo Pukki had and look what he's doing at Norwich now!  To over-use Max Kruse will be a sin, but to let time on the pitch with the younger players be educational as well as contributing to the team can be clever if used properly.  I'm not sure 90 minutes at his age is a good idea.  The problem is, some older players become totally self-centered, Prince Boateng and Choupo-Moting are perfect examples - blame everyone else - mainly the kids - for their shortcomings and they totally disrupt any team.  Poor Management lets them do it - our present example is Bentaleb teaching McKennie that being a Thug (a la TDB Scholes)is better than playing good football - McKennie is now leading in the yellow/red card stakes with his mentor not far behind and the team is suffering from nothing in mid-field.  Only a strong leader on the side can sort that out.  Your present position in Bremen is promising - ours - well......Patience my green friends is what is needed!

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

There comes a time when even the greatest players realise that it is just not there anymore.  The  genuine guys retire or take a backroom role to help the young guys coming along - the self-indulgent ones are fawned over by pathetic managers who ignore any possibility of young talent being able to emerge. Beckham and Linekar left the highest level - not to stop playing, but to be of use to younger up-and-coming talents.  Diego at Werder was the perfect example when his time was coming to an end and what he taught Mesut was to turn a good player into a quality international talent.  Raul's time at 04 did wonders for Max and Leon and encouragement from Daniel Farke has brought out the ability which we knew at 04 that Timo Pukki had and look what he's doing at Norwich now!  To over-use Max Kruse will be a sin, but to let time on the pitch with the younger players be educational as well as contributing to the team can be clever if used properly.  I'm not sure 90 minutes at his age is a good idea.  The problem is, some older players become totally self-centered, Prince Boateng and Choupo-Moting are perfect examples - blame everyone else - mainly the kids - for their shortcomings and they totally disrupt any team.  Poor Management lets them do it - our present example is Bentaleb teaching McKennie that being a Thug (a la TDB Scholes)is better than playing good football - McKennie is now leading in the yellow/red card stakes with his mentor not far behind and the team is suffering from nothing in mid-field.  Only a strong leader on the side can sort that out.  Your present position in Bremen is promising - ours - well......Patience my green friends is what is needed!

Diego left Werder for Juventus when he was 24... Hardly the age "when his time was coming to an end" is it?...

In the end it just comes to the quality of the player and it should be judged on a case by case basis. Like Rehhagel once said, "Es gibt nicht jung und alt, sondern nur gut und schlecht". As for Max Kruse, he had a poor start of the season and his whole Rückrunde was certainly below par; he lost weight and improved significantly during the winter break and that last cup match performance against BVB showed how important he still is when he's in a good form. Same applies to Pizarro and Harnik; or to Torsten Frings or Andi Herzog in the past. To wish more playing time for young players is one thing, to rush them, put pressure on them to perform and to rely on them completely is a different thing altogether. That approach worked well in developing Maxi Eggestein; it also seems to work with Johannes and I'm sure it will also be the case with Sargent - both of whom credit Pizarro with their improvements on and off the pitch by the way so I'd say there's also additional value of those "old" former players.

10 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

@Stan

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

I've been thinking a lot about it the last few days and I think it would be best for Werder Bremen to play more friendly matches in Scandinavia.

They would be welcome to come train in Vancouver. We can offer a mediocre stadium retrofitted for football with an excellent turf pitch :twothumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

They would be welcome to come train in Vancouver. We can offer a mediocre stadium retrofitted for football with an excellent turf pitch :twothumbsup:

The question is, are you willing to throw craft beer and steak sandwiches into equation?

In general I like it when the big clubs play friendlies against lower tier clubs in their own country. It gives a little back to the larger footballing community, and shows some solidarity with the amateur game. I dislike friendlies like Bayern vs Real Madrid etc..

Edited by Relling
  • Upvote 2

• The title was changed to Max Kruse