talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Max Kruse

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Well don’t I feel stupid for going big on Fulkrug in communio 😂

Well, Kruse is 32 now, has been playing in a ping pong league last year. Who knows how good he is now. He won't automatically start ahead of Füllkrug. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well, Kruse is 32 now, has been playing in a ping pong league last year. Who knows how good he is now. He won't automatically start ahead of Füllkrug. 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Well don’t I feel stupid for going big on Fulkrug in communio 😂

Füllkrug is definitely starting as long as he stays fit. There's no need for Kruse to start ahead of Füllkrug anyway, as if he joins, he will most likely play behind the strikers, the same role he used to play so often (and so well) during his last stint with us and the one which Osako was supposed to fill after Kruse left. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Füllkrug is definitely starting as long as he stays fit. There's no need for Kruse to start ahead of Füllkrug anyway, as if he joins, he will most likely play behind the strikers, the same role he used to play so often (and so well) during his last stint with us and the one which Osako was supposed to fill after Kruse left. 

Fair enough, but I need some funds from somewhere! 😂

Edited by Rick

Free agent Max Kruse looks set to join Union Berlin. He has agreed a deal with the Berlin club, all that is left for the deal to become fully official is a medical. Werder Bremen fans will no doubt be a bit upset with losing out on signing Kruse, as he was a real fan favourite at Bremen.

https://bulinews.com/news/5717/max-kruse-set-sign-for-union-berlin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Fenerbahce filed a lawsuit against Kruse demanding 18 million Euro compensation :o It seems him rejecting our offer might turn out to be a blessing in disguise, after all... This sounds like a long and messy legal battle.

• Wow 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fenerbahce filed a lawsuit against Kruse demanding 18 million Euro compensation :o It seems him rejecting our offer might turn out to be a blessing in disguise, after all... This sounds like a long and messy legal battle.

He's gotta win a lot of Poker Tournaments for 18 Mio. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wolfsburg want him back. 

Werder under Kohfeldt only functioned with Kruse, so it doesn't surprise me that he wants him at Wolfsburg, too. I hope he stays at Union, but I think his contract is expiring in summer? 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Werder under Kohfeldt only functioned with Kruse, so it doesn't surprise me that he wants him at Wolfsburg, too. I hope he stays at Union, but I think his contract is expiring in summer? 

According to Transfermarkt, he has a contract until 2023. 

Breaking News just as I typed this. Kicker says it's a done deal. 

More Breaking News! (I need the Sky Sport News music in here!) 

Wolfsburg have confirmed it. :o 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

According to Transfermarkt, he has a contract until 2023. 

Breaking News just as I typed this. Kicker says it's a done deal. 

More Breaking News! (I need the Sky Sport News music in here!) 

Wolfsburg have confirmed it. :o 

Weird, Transfermarkt appear to contradict themselves - in Kruse's profile, it says he's got a contract at VfL until summer 2023, and then in the article it says "Bei den Niedersachsen würde der 33-Jährige, dessen Vertrag bei Union Berlin am Saisonende ausläuft, auf seinen ehemaligen Trainer von Werder Bremen, Florian Kohfeldt, treffen." 🙄 If his contract indeed expires this summer and Union haven't offered him an extension, then I could understand the transfer... 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...