talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Am I ?

football forum

Just now, Michael said:

I am sure you know what I meant. But it seems like you are being deliberately difficult. xD 

No, no, I just wanted to make sure you understood he wasn't German like Thomas Muller is German, but German like how Anglos, Saxon, Goths, etc are German.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spike said:

No, no, I just wanted to make sure you understood he wasn't German like Thomas Muller is German, but German like how Anglos, Saxon, Goths, etc are German.

Yes, I understood what you meant, there have been Germanic people living outside of what is Germany today for centuries, but anyway, lets not take this down a history lesson route. Did he live in the Roman Empire?

Just now, Michael said:

Yes, I understood what you meant, there have been Germanic people living outside of what is Germany today for centuries, but anyway, lets not take this down a history lesson route. Did he live in the Roman Empire?

no

1 minute ago, Spike said:

That is Charlemagne to you, and yes, Originally it was Roland, but I figured he’d be too difficult so I changed it to ol Carl the Great.

King of the Franks and born in Aachen in what is Germany today.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

King of the Franks and born in Aachen in what is Germany today.

Charlemagne is as French as he is german, he is neither because he was a Frank which was a germanic people which intermingled with the celtic gauls to make what we now know as the french, but not the southern french because they are basque and occitan. isn’t anthropology and history grand?

but then again the nationalistic concept of a german has only existed since otto bismarck yadda yadda yadda

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived