talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zola Resigns From Birmingham City; Harry Redknapp Appointed

football forum

• Administrator

what an absolute catastrophe it's been for all parties concerned.

came in when they were 7th in the league, 1 point off the play-offs I believe. Gary Rowett harshly given the boot just to accommodate Zola.

Now they're staving off relegation and he's quit.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a royal balls-up from the Birmingham board.

Sorry Blues fans, but your owners have reaped what they sow. From a neutral point of view, I’d love to see Rowett take Derby up next year. 

From Zola’s POV: Will he ever recover from this? Which English team would look to hire him after this absolute farce? 

• Administrator

if Birmingham get a new boss in by next Sunday, it's not entirely unlikely they could all but ensure survival against....

Aston Villa.

What a way to start your career at the club by beating your bitter city rivals and staying up in the league. (this is if Blackburn don't win against Wolves; 6 point gap with 2 games to go if not). 

He was going to go after next week anyway, by all account's against Rotherham the dressing room had a full on fight after the game. Things haven't been right since Rowett went and i think a portion of the squad haven't forgiven Zola for that. He's the face of the regime and they're the ones to blame really, the squad who're blatently upset about the treatment of Rowett haven't given him a fair shake and he's probably not helped himself at times. 

As a Villa fan i'm devastated because they'll probably get a fucking result now, I'm a Blackburn fan though for the next few weeks.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Fantastic player, but done terrible in all apart from Watford.

I don't even think he did that well there. May be being harsh but their squad in 2012/13 was comfortably better than Cardiff's and Hull's who got in the top two, for me.

The really mad thing about this is that absolutely anyone with any footballing knowledge knew that was a brainless move. Gary Rowett was a great fit for them, a gradual building job where a pretty limited group of players punched above their weight. Yet they've binned that off for a total change of direction, under a manager who has never really done that well anywhere, why?

Plenty called them nosediving when it happened.

It reminds me of what we did with Pearson the first time around. We pushed him out after he'd won League One and then got us a spot kick from the play-off final in our first year back up, in favour of a 'name' manager in Paulo Sousa to try and make the club more attractive to King Power for them to buy. Sousa took over this technically limited squad and it was a total disaster. He was sacked after 9 games with this team that had been on the up bottom of the table, conceding nearly 3 a game. The irony being King Power themselves eventually turned back to Pearson, via Sven, and the rest is history.

It really does baffle you how these people made their money, with such negligence. I could've told them myself it would go wrong.

They deserve relegation but you just know they're going to pull out the scabbiest of scabby 0-1 wins at Villa this weekend.

Which is great as it might plunge the red shite down.

• Administrator

True, Burton have done superbly.

A club of their size, first time in the division, and they've almost achieved what they set out to do and that's stay in the division.

I've not seen them a great amount but they attempt to play some decent stuff - not just hoofball or route one. 

Also glad to hear that Lloyd Dyer is still knocking about and getting the odd goal here and there. Well done to them. 

2 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Kind of want Brum back in the prem actually.

I know what a tosser the owner is, but their beating Arsenal for the cup and getting relegated in the same season saddened me. I didn't begrudge them their success at all.

If you had to go to St Andrews as an away fan you really wouldn't.

• Subscriber
On 4/18/2017 at 6:38 PM, roversgirl said:

FFS  :40_rage:

They were down and out until this appointment. Between us and Forest now.

Keep going. I have faith in you. 

Archived