talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claude Puel Sacked by Leicester; Brendan Rodgers Hired

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I mean, you could have said, he’ll relegate Leicester, because that’s happened in their history. You could have said he’ll lead them to a League Cup Final win, something that’s happened in their history. You could have said he’ll lead them to an unexpected league title, because that’s happened in their history. 

Instead you chose to be a dickhead.

If I had a dollar every time I'd heard thatxD

• Subscriber

I don't understand why people have a problem with Celtic fans reactions. Of course you'd be fuming. What urgency do Leicester have to get him in now? Sure they could have come to some agreement where Rodgers saw the season through with Celtic. 

This is coming from someone who thinks it's the right move for him and Leicester by the way.

• Subscriber

I can totally understand it although we just naturally find it a bit funny seeing us getting a slating in the process. Didn't bother them taking O'Neill from us.

I have said elsewhere I am surprised it happened now. I was happy to see us go with an interim until May and then have our new man lined up for then.

I'm also not naive enough to think that he wouldn't leave us for a better offer, just like nearly anybody in football does.

Normally this movement wouldnt mean a Rats ass to me, but having had a belly full of Mr. Rodgers since his time at my own club I cant help feel one word raised by Celtic Supporters at their last game summed him up perfectly.

He is a fraud.

Whatever he says should be taken with a huge pinch of Salt and Leicester Fans should hope for a short count of days till another Mug club fall for his bullshit.

17 hours ago, Dan said:

I can totally understand it although we just naturally find it a bit funny seeing us getting a slating in the process. Didn't bother them taking O'Neill from us.

I have said elsewhere I am surprised it happened now. I was happy to see us go with an interim until May and then have our new man lined up for then.

I'm also not naive enough to think that he wouldn't leave us for a better offer, just like nearly anybody in football does.

I agree. Many don't agree with on this but I don't expect loyalty from football players or managers. Its a brutal business. Although I don't like him understand why RVP tried to force a move away from us same with Sanchez. Footballers only get a short playing career if I was a footballer I would do the same. Its admirable when players do what Ramsey has done but I don't expect that. Same with managers. Clubs will sack you after you loose a few games these days so if an opportunity comes up and you have to take it then or loose it I can understand a manager taking it there and then

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree. Many don't agree with on this but I don't expect loyalty from football players or managers. Its a brutal business. Although I don't like him understand why RVP tried to force a move away from us same with Sanchez. Footballers only get a short playing career if I was a footballer I would do the same. Its admirable when players do what Ramsey has done but I don't expect that. Same with managers. Clubs will sack you after you loose a few games these days so if an opportunity comes up and you have to take it then or loose it I can understand a manager taking it there and then

Somebody should have told Rodgers that football is a business when he made a million statements about how much he loves Celtic - and continues to do so. 

I have no problem with people being cynical, but the real problem is pretending to be otherwise. 

You can either have a detached professional relationship with the club, or you can have a real affinity with the fans.

Rodgers, being a ruthless careerist, and also an enormous narcissist, wanted both. 

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Somebody should have told Rodgers that football is a business when he made a million statements about how much he loves Celtic - and continues to do so. 

I have no problem with people being cynical, but the real problem is pretending to be otherwise. 

You can either have a detached professional relationship with the club, or you can have a real affinity with the fans.

Rodgers, being a ruthless careerist, and also an enormous narcissist, wanted both. 

I don't agree. I think you can love a club and the fans but still do what he has done

57 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Rodgers just said this though...

I choose to believe he said the hashtag out loud.

• Administrator

A podcast called this spot on: This is phase one of the Rodgers reintegration into the Premier League. You can bet he'll be sniffing around the United job in the summer. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've witnessed us lose players to superior sides and witnessed us take players from inferior. His move speaks volumes to me. I'm not naive enough to think it couldn't happen again. The point for me is taking whatever measures we have to to progress to a point where we have a growing list of clubs we become superior to.

Northern Irish catholic likes Celtic but realises we have a higher ceiling. I'll take that. His actions speak louder than words. At least he's not making up a load of shite to appease us. I couldn't really care less about what he said.

Looking after a side which is head and shoulders above the rest of the local opposition and which fails dismally in Europe sums up the quality of your new guy!  And with Watford now leading it shows that the problem is far too deep for this so-called professional to deal with - one should ask why he emigrated to Scotland in the first place.  I hope that my present sadness with my lot is not reflected in the way the Foxes suffer from this silly decision!  Sorry Stan - I really do feel for you!

@Dan @Stan what did you think about Chris Sutton's comments about Celtic researches being bigger than Leicester?

I agree Celtic are a bigger club but it's fairly obvious the premier league is a much better league and Leicester are probably better than Celtic

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dan @Stan what did you think about Chris Sutton's comments about Celtic researches being bigger than Leicester?

I agree Celtic are a bigger club but it's fairly obvious the premier league is a much better league and Leicester are probably better than Celtic

He's being a cunt and he knows he is. Willing to bet that comment was purely to get listeners/viewers in for BT Sport (I think it was them or Talksport?). 

Always found him so annoying, though, regardless of who he's talking about or games he's commentating on.

• Subscriber

His comments are laughable but he knows it himself. He's just trying to keep himself relevant. It'll probably work for a couple of days though, that's the way British journalism & media is. Cringeworthy but what can you do.

Celtic fans are slagging us off left right and centre at the minute. Without wanting to sound a cunt, it's mainly borne out of their realisation that Scottish football really has declined, that their Celtic supporting, trophy collecting manager is happy to leave them in February for a currently midtable Premier League side.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's being a cunt and he knows he is. Willing to bet that comment was purely to get listeners/viewers in for BT Sport (I think it was them or Talksport?). 

Always found him so annoying, though, regardless of who he's talking about or games he's commentating on.

I think most people do. He has grown on me a bit though because he kind of says it how it is at times even if it offends fans. 

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sutton doesn't say it how it is. Big mistake to think that. He's an absolute gobshite.

I think sometimes he does. He does talk alot of shit but there are times where he says things most wouldn't

Archived