talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham - Wednesday 27th February, 2019

football forum

The last two results have definitely seen Spurs slip out of the title race and to do so in February with the squad they have is very disappointing. If you're not in the race come mid-April then you're not really a genuine title challenger in my opinion and in most seasons there are really only two realistic contenders. Sadly this season is now no different.

I'd definitely expect Pochettino to make some serious demands this summer in terms of money to spend and the wage budget being revised to attract the players they need to push on. They have the spine of a really good side but are clearly lacking that catalyst to transform a very good side into a great side capable of winning titles and other trophies.

I think Pochettino will give Spurs at least one more season but if those demands are not met I think he'll be off 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased with the response and tempo as it was very obvious we had tired legs after the 120 minute at Wembley. As usual good start and then we slow down and give control. Good goal by Pedro but Lloris had to do better than that, after Spurs went all out Trippier made the past 5+ minutes easy for us with a sublime finish. We have a game in hand with three points from the top four can't be anything but pleased. Only downside is that Sarri again went straight down the tunnel without shacking hands with Poch. 

Why does he do it?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived