Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Other Matches - 26-27th February, 2019

Tuesday 26th February, 2019
Cardiff vs Everton
Huddersfield vs Wolves
Leicester vs Brighton

Wednesday 27th February, 2019
Arsenal vs Bournemouth
Crystal Palace vs Man Utd, 20.00
Liverpool vs Watford, 20.00
Man City vs West Ham, 20.00
Southampton vs Fulham

We could legitimately be in trouble if we lose this, and it would be hard to argue for Silvas job if we don't beat Cardiff then lose comfortably to Liverpool at the weekend.

Still, regardless of how much I hate Everton recently and how much I actually quite like Warnock and Cardiff, we have a lot more quality and there's no excuse not to be getting three points here.

I'd keep Kenny in ahead of Coleman, Davies to start in a midfield three with Gomes and Gueye, bring Sigurdsson off the bench if he's needed. Richarlison on the left. Tosun or Calvert-Lewin up front really makes no difference and Bernard or Lookman to complete the front three. If Walcott starts again, Marco can fuck off.

Hopefully there's evidence of us benefiting from 17 days off and playing well but I doubt it and would take a scrappy 1-0.

football forum

Literally not arsed how we play, just want three points. 5-4 would do me just fine.

I hope Warnock learnt his lesson after the twatting we got against Watford and play Reid again. Unfortunately, I have a horrible feeling that he'll persist with Morrison again (captain after all) and that with Niasse unable to play, we'll struggle up front. 

Shackles off and a convincing home win.

3-1 Leicester.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Shackles off and a convincing home win.

3-1 Leicester.

Scenes when Ghezzal and Iheanacho start, Tielemans, Vardy and Maddison on the bench :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Scenes when Ghezzal and Iheanacho start, Tielemans, Vardy and Maddison on the bench :ph34r:

Absolutely no problem with them starting if they perform. Big if mind xD

I wouldn't be against dropping Maddison. He was absolutely awful yesterday.

I'm pretty confident we'll win. We always win after a sacking.

Enter Everton, stage right xD.

Screenshot_20190226-190112_FotMob.thumb.jpg.9f8dfd0a8eb4f4293d0df5514b6ac603.jpg

Seriously that teams a fucking mess. Coleman over Kenny, Walcott over anyone, and Schneiderlin? Pitchforks are going to be well and truly whipped out if we don't win now.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Enter Everton, stage right xD.

Screenshot_20190226-190112_FotMob.thumb.jpg.9f8dfd0a8eb4f4293d0df5514b6ac603.jpg

Seriously that teams a fucking mess. Coleman over Kenny, Walcott over anyone, and Schneiderlin? Pitchforks are going to be well and truly whipped out if we don't win now.

Still better quality than us mind. xD

On our plus side, I wouldn't fancy Jagielka in a foot race with Zohore or Reid. 

Goal! Nice pull back from Coleman calmly tucked away by Sigurdsson.

Leicester's snakes predictably beating Brighton now that they've got another manager sacked :ph34r:.

Hoilett and Bennett to blame for that. Shit pass from Hoilett to put us into unnecessary trouble to begin, we win the ball back and Bennett, under no pressure at all, makes a great pass to the ball boy. 

Throw in, pass, pass, cut back, goal by jack cunt. 

Annoying as we limited Everton to few chances until then. 

Get iiiiiiiin Gylfi!

Class from Bernard. Richarlison was struggling so that was the right change and it's paid off immediately.

football forum

Massive win this, I've no doubt we will lose a few more on the road to May, but winning these games is what keeps us out of relegation trouble, especially with the fixtures we have coming up. 

What is Gunnarsson's "Got to shoot from 70 yards" fetish all about?

Manga giving the ball away far too cheaply. We struggle to keep possession as it is, let alone giving the ball away all the time. 

Of course, the jack cunt scores again. Wanker. 

See Cardiff. That's how you immediately push up, break and score. 3-0 Everton. 

For fuck sake. This is going to be a very long final 10 games. 

Where did that absolute sexual assist from Gueye come from? xD

Huddersfield 1-0 against Wolves at the death!

I didn't actually think ours was that good a game really, it wasn't exactly like the Liverpool game after Ranieri went. It was similar but with one significant difference - we actually went in front and had the control over the game ourselves. If Puel could've sorted these out he'd still be in the job.

I thought it was quite an even game really. Gray probably having his best game of the season, Mendy I thought was decent when he came on and actually helped us see out the lead. I think he's one of these who is good at helping you hold onto the lead but crap at getting you into it in the first place so I'm more than happy to say use him as a sub.

That's us basically safe now, while it was highly unlikely anyway we had to arrest that slide before the pressure came onto us and we have done it. Now Rodgers has 10 games to assess this squad and decide how he's going to tackle next year.

It's a ridiculously tight table again. We're back to only 5 points off 7th.

Looks like we're hoping for a miracle from the premiership's wank boys tomorrow. If Southampton start a run and we struggle to win again for a while, I think that'll be it for us. 

Harvey Barnes is the future. Bit more composure and he genuinely could have had a hat-trick tonight. Didn't realise he was just that quick either. Blistering pace at times. 

Tielemans is a lovely player to watch, too. Can dictate games as well as being a playmaker. Assist for him tonight for Gray's goal. 

There were still some sloppy mistakes and a few times where I thought we were gonna get screwed over but we scored at important times. An early goal in our favour for once to settle the nerves and it was important we got the 2nd goal, too. Brighton were on top before that 2nd and if they had got the equaliser I think they'd have gone on to win. No idea how Murray has skied it from right in front of the goal when it was 1-0. Incredible miss. 

Good win, 3 points on the board after not winning since new years day. Rodgers got a fantastic reception too which I'm in no doubt he was absolutely loving. 

Barnes has had everything but the finishing so far and he's scored enough at lower leagues to convince me that it will come. I'm actually more excited by him than I am Maddison at the minute.

Speaking of Lionel, what about Maguire earlier? I actually thought he was finally going all the way xD that would've been outrageous.