Crystal Palace vs Man Utd, 20.00
Liverpool vs Watford, 20.00
Man City vs West Ham, 20.00
Southampton vs Fulham

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We could legitimately be in trouble if we lose this, and it would be hard to argue for Silvas job if we don't beat Cardiff then lose comfortably to Liverpool at the weekend.

Still, regardless of how much I hate Everton recently and how much I actually quite like Warnock and Cardiff, we have a lot more quality and there's no excuse not to be getting three points here.

I'd keep Kenny in ahead of Coleman, Davies to start in a midfield three with Gomes and Gueye, bring Sigurdsson off the bench if he's needed. Richarlison on the left. Tosun or Calvert-Lewin up front really makes no difference and Bernard or Lookman to complete the front three. If Walcott starts again, Marco can fuck off.

Hopefully there's evidence of us benefiting from 17 days off and playing well but I doubt it and would take a scrappy 1-0.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Scenes when Ghezzal and Iheanacho start, Tielemans, Vardy and Maddison on the bench :ph34r:

Absolutely no problem with them starting if they perform. Big if mind xD

I wouldn't be against dropping Maddison. He was absolutely awful yesterday.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Enter Everton, stage right xD.

Screenshot_20190226-190112_FotMob.thumb.jpg.9f8dfd0a8eb4f4293d0df5514b6ac603.jpg

Seriously that teams a fucking mess. Coleman over Kenny, Walcott over anyone, and Schneiderlin? Pitchforks are going to be well and truly whipped out if we don't win now.

Still better quality than us mind. xD

On our plus side, I wouldn't fancy Jagielka in a foot race with Zohore or Reid. 

Hoilett and Bennett to blame for that. Shit pass from Hoilett to put us into unnecessary trouble to begin, we win the ball back and Bennett, under no pressure at all, makes a great pass to the ball boy. 

Throw in, pass, pass, cut back, goal by jack cunt. 

Annoying as we limited Everton to few chances until then. 

football forum

Massive win this, I've no doubt we will lose a few more on the road to May, but winning these games is what keeps us out of relegation trouble, especially with the fixtures we have coming up. 

• Subscriber

I didn't actually think ours was that good a game really, it wasn't exactly like the Liverpool game after Ranieri went. It was similar but with one significant difference - we actually went in front and had the control over the game ourselves. If Puel could've sorted these out he'd still be in the job.

I thought it was quite an even game really. Gray probably having his best game of the season, Mendy I thought was decent when he came on and actually helped us see out the lead. I think he's one of these who is good at helping you hold onto the lead but crap at getting you into it in the first place so I'm more than happy to say use him as a sub.

That's us basically safe now, while it was highly unlikely anyway we had to arrest that slide before the pressure came onto us and we have done it. Now Rodgers has 10 games to assess this squad and decide how he's going to tackle next year.

It's a ridiculously tight table again. We're back to only 5 points off 7th.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived