talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 26-27th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased with the United result as we really need to be pushing to finish as high as possible this season and it's good to see Lukaku firing as he hasn't been doing it enough this season.

I thought Liverpool produced a display worthy of champions as the media have been trying to portray them as 'bottlers' because of their gap being closed and they've shown they're capable of reacting in the right way. It was particularly weird to see them criticised for getting a point away to the form side in the league and anyone can see that the gap has been closed due to Citeh's quality and strength in depth rather than any inability to handle pressure in the Liverpool camp. When you consider their injuries in defence recently it makes the criticism even more bizarre.

I also thought Citeh's result was the sort of result you need to grind out as champions because if the penalty hadn't been awarded they could have been further behind. They ground out a win against a side with good players who are capable of getting results against anyone on their day so this could prove to be a valuable point come May

• Subscriber

Trent was on fire yesterday. Could easily ended up at 7-0 if we had been more pro-active in going for the balls whipped in. The man of the match for me yesterday was Fabinho in the midfield. He nullified so much its unreal how many tackles he seemed to put "just right". At one point I think Deulofeu was sick of having to try and go through him haha.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Trent was on fire yesterday. Could easily ended up at 7-0 if we had been more pro-active in going for the balls whipped in. The man of the match for me yesterday was Fabinho in the midfield. He nullified so much its unreal how many tackles he seemed to put "just right". At one point I think Deulofeu was sick of having to try and go through him haha.

I agree on Fabinho. Absolute class act

• The topic was unpinned

Archived