talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Driving Gripes

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

I like how everyone is a great driver according to themselves.

Nah, I know I have my faults. Doesn't mean I can't be annoyed at other people!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

One of the many reasons why it's such an awful place, ironic how the arsehole of the country is the capital.

It drives me mad on a daily basis. 

As I leave the house for work I come to a pedestrian crossing where drivers see me approaching it and put their foot down! I'm going to get ran over one of these days. London needs camera's at every pedestrian crossing in my opinion. Start taking people's license off them.

football forum
Just now, Harvsky said:

It drives me mad on a daily basis. 

As I leave the house for work I come to a pedestrian crossing where drivers see me approaching it and put their foot down! I'm going to get ran over one of these days. London needs camera's at every pedestrian crossing in my opinion. Start taking people's license off them.

I'm unsure if it's a city thing, I remember being genuinely scared when in a taxi in Edinburgh at New Year because rather than slowing down for the crowds crossing the road the driver was accelerating towards them so that they would move (on more than one occasion people had to skip or jump out of the way). It's this short tempered, fuck the world culture that seems to be rampant at the moment and I was honestly waiting for someone to roll over the bonnet and for all hell to break loose.

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

There's nothing stopping you but manners aren't about enforced rules they are a courtesy to others. As you know people will block you off, that's their retaliation to what is perceived as disrespect from you. People aren't making logistical errors that they are bitterly regretting, they are following cultural protocol.

Then again in London that is not always the case. One thing prominent on London's roads are people never letting you in even when it's good manners to do so. London has this overwhelming every man for himself culture. When you find yourself on the road in that culture there's little choice other than to become part of the dog eat dog behaviour to survive. You've got to become a knacker or you'll get mugged off.

I’m all about the manners, but they go out the window when unnecessary congestion is caused either by people who cram into lane 1 without using the space available in lane 2, or by the fucking eejits who decide they are traffic control. You don’t right a wrong by doing a wrong. Generally though this lane 1 congestion is caused because poor drivers swap into lane 1 too early, especially when moving. It’s actually been shown that us ‘last minute mergers’ are good traffic assuming that everyone is sensible and zip merging.

• Subscriber

A lot of people clearly don't understand 'merge in turn'.

But by far my biggest gripe is if I'm overtaking somebody and within the speed limit and someone comes up behind me doing far faster than the limit and starts tailgating, I ain't gonna speed up just for them. And then they have the audacity to start flashing their headlights.

On the subject of headlights, turn your bloody beam off! Yes, some cars have super bright headlights, but if you have your beam on, you're an arse.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Large said:

And fog lights.

And those! 

Just now, Lucas said:

People who park in ridiculous places because they can, without any care for an emergency service vehicle that may need to get by.

God help you if you ever need an Ambulance or Fire Engine quickly.

Wankers.

It's like that down my street. People either park one side of the road or the other to accommodate but there's always one idiot who thinks he deserves to park outside his house on his side of the road regardless of whether there's a car opposite or not (oh, and they usually have a perfectly good driveway to park on)

• Subscriber

People who risk their lives, the lives of others and risk being arrested just to save 3 minutes off their half an hour journey. Fuck you and get banned you cunts.

People who get right up your arse when you're driving at a perfectly reasonable speed.

Social media when you see people posting about a speed camera that caught them out, and warning others. Like it's the law's fault for placing a temporary speed camera to try and catch those who speed. Maybe just stick to the speed limit's in the first place you bunch of cunts.

2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

BMW and Audi drivers - not quite worked out that the rules of the road apply to them too and that there is a thing called a FUCKING INDICATOR and how to use it.

I pay attention to those who don't indicate and It's pretty much any car brand, although people with more expensive car brands always get it in the neck because those are more desirable cars.

22 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think there is an issue with some cyclist's. Not all but we have a lot of cyclists in Britain and there are some really cluless ones that don't understand roundabouts ect. I think it should be taught in school personally. I know there is cycling proficiency but I think there should be more education on cycling

Could have fun with this.

Cardiff has started to see more cyclists on the road now (especially with those 'rent a bike' stations being placed), but the amount that don't know basic road rules is shocking. I've lost track at the amount that go through a red light, ride on pavements (or both if they fancy it, depending on traffic) or just generally have no disregard for road rules. 

There were two I saw yesterday. 

One girl happily went over a zebra crossing, despite pedestrians ready to cross (pedestrians of course have right of way when they want to cross). 

One guy (one of those Uber Eats or Deliveroo cyclists) happily cycled onto the wrong side of the road towards a crossroad with traffic lights (we were on red at that point, so thankfully no cars turned down the road I was on and hit him), proceeded to go through the red light and turned right onto the correct side of the road.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

People who out cones or bins outside there house to stop people parking. You don't own the road and it's illegal anyway

I've had some real notes left on my windscreen from parking in such places. xD

Saw one of those cunts who parks across two spaces the other day. Was gonna take a picture and send it to the people who own the car park but couldn't be bothered.

My gripe is when traffic is under speed because of an accident on the other side of the road. 

"For fuck sake you voyeurist idiots slowing us all down just so you can look out the damn window! "

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Harry said:

My gripe is when traffic is under speed because of an accident on the other side of the road. 

"For fuck sake you voyeurist idiots slowing us all down just so you can look out the damn window! "

Rubber-necking. 

Think we're all guilty of it but at the same time I have the same gripe as you. Think it's just natural curiosity to either see what's happened and make sure everyone's okay, or both. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not really. It's the emergency services job to check if everyone is OK, not you. 

Of course. I don't disagree. But natural to wonder what's happened to people I think at a time of trauma, let's say. Even if they are getting care from emergency services. 

I got my drivers license nearly two years ago, and i have the P on my rear window which means Početnik or Beginner. You have to wear it until you have your drivers licence for two years, it helps new drivers to feel safer and the more experienced to know that they can expect a beginners move. I have already drove on long distances and abroad on my own i am already an experienced driver. Had one situation if we can call it road rage. I was turning right on my green light, while it was also green for the pedestrians. A girl aged 12 at most was crossing on a red, i obviously stopped and waited until she safely crossed the street. An Audi driver behind me sat on the horn drove by me and cursed at me while driving away. I lost my temper which i rarely do on the road, i went behind him and as soon as i caught up i went to his side and wanted to confront him. The cunt turned his head away like he didn't notice me following him and coming to his side. I swear i hate our drivers especially in good cars they think they own the road.

• Administrator

Annoys me when people don't say thank you when you let them out in to a junction or cross the road. Find it quite rude to be honest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2019 at 19:20, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Like this?

IMG_20190304_095957.jpg

One of the pettiest things I've ever done was box somebody in doing this. I was popping down to the supermarket to grab some bits for a barbecue one afternoon and somebody had parked like that but front in rather than side on like in the picture. I had two friends with me in their vehicles as well, so we parked tight down each side and just to be even bigger dicks across the front as well. The owner was waiting for us when we came back and unsurprisingly wasn't happy. Stated the reason for him parking like that was that he wasn't chipping his doors for anybody. Not one of my proudest moments, but was funny as fnarg.

Archived