talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Driving Gripes

football forum

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I live near the base of Mt Keira, in Wollongong, Australias 9th largest city. About an hour to the north is Sydney, by far Australias largest city. The M1 motorway that connects us, the princes motorway/mt Ousley rd is a 3 lane per direction motorway that snakes up and through a mountain range. Steep ups and downs, sweeping bends, no inside shoulder, narrow lanes. Speed limit of 80 or 100 depending on where exactly you are. Always very very busy. 

Let me break down each lane for you in the steepest up mountain section. 
Left lane (remember we do it opposite to England) is for busses and trucks, they do about 40kms an hour. 
Middle lane. A nightmare. Any busses and trucks that want to go faster than 40 are here, overtaking and hoping in and out of the far left lane. They're all doing 60kms an hour, but the speed limit going up the mountain is 80, but that's okay, because you can just hop into the overtaking lane right? 
WRONG CUNT! The overtaking lane is being used by the regular commuters of this road who have no fear of death. They're all doing 100-120 (no exaggeration) and when the speed limit hits 100 at the top they'll be doing 140. 

Was a spooky experience the first few times I had to ride up to Sydney. You get used to it though. 

That sounds pretty full on 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

70% of Autobahn still has no speed limits. 

That's what google told me as a first result as well, but I'm sure it's more than that by now. But I don't drive, so what the fuck do I know? 

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's what google told me as a first result as well, but I'm sure it's more than that by now. But I don't drive, so what the fuck do I know? 

That's what you get you google cunt!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's the data from BASt, so even if it's a bit dated, it's still official in all traffic research. The percentage might be lower now, but surely not significantly so, otherwise there probably wouldn't be the whole recent discussion and new proposals to introduce it everywhere. 

It's been a long time since I drove there myself, anyway. Used to drive pretty regularly all the way through from Berlin to North Germany, North Holland or Eifel years ago, and there used to be very few limited zones, except for the annoying ongoing construction work spots :(

8 hours ago, Toinho said:

That sounds pretty full on 

If there was a 4th lane, a lane for people who just wanna do the speed limit, it'd be fine. But no one sits in the same lane, everyones weaving in and out of the lane they WANT to sit in because like I said, the some trucks are too slow for other trucks, so they overtake, so now YOU have to overtake them, but the overtaking lane is full and FAST. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bristol city are playing and there was no where to park apart from across the street but someone had put a bin there. Moving it and parking there was the most satisfying feeling ever. I hope the person who put it there or got his or her housemates to put it there has to park a mile away 😂

Archived