talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

I was so broke that I....

football forum

Tell us the drastic measures you underwent at a time when you were financially hopeless..

At Uni, I was so broke that I ran out of toilet paper. I didn't have money to purchase any until pay day, so every time I took a shit, i cleaned myself in the shower. xD

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose most of these sob stories will be Uni/Student related... spending all your cash on Booze/Drugs and Parties then wondering why an oak tree leaf doesn't have the same absorption qualities as Andrex... 

We had to have our Silver Cutlery professionally cleaned once and it meant we had to eat out for a whole week!!  that was a pretty tough time on the old pocket I can tell you... sometimes money was so tight I could not afford a dessert.. Still, learned from that mistake and now I have 2 lot's of Cutlery, one for emergencies.. Adversity does tend to get you thinking on your feet... 

I've got a reasonably frugal lifestyle I'd say - I don't go out except for maybe a few drinks once every week or couple of weeks, and at home I entertain myself mostly with books which I either borrow or buy second-hand, or Football Manager which I only buy once every year or two.

But still, when living in Copenhagen I was pretty tight on money due to pretty enormous rent, and not being able to find a job which was doable without good Danish. So I had to mostly cut stuff like meat, cheese, and snacks out of my diet, which were all way more expensive than the stuff I actually needed to stay full. 

I also found myself cycling pretty long distances to avoid train fares.

It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me since I managed to lose a pretty huge amount of weight without any real effort.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I've got a reasonably frugal lifestyle I'd say - I don't go out except for maybe a few drinks once every week or couple of weeks, and at home I entertain myself mostly with books which I either borrow or buy second-hand, or Football Manager which I only buy once every year or two.

But still, when living in Copenhagen I was pretty tight on money due to pretty enormous rent, and not being able to find a job which was doable without good Danish. So I had to mostly cut stuff like meat, cheese, and snacks out of my diet, which were all way more expensive than the stuff I actually needed to stay full. 

I also found myself cycling pretty long distances to avoid train fares.

It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me since I managed to lose a pretty huge amount of weight without any real effort.

Any abs pics as evidence?

8 hours ago, Inverted said:

Going from fat bastard to mildly out of shape, though great, isn't exactly pic-worthy. 

I can see my ribs now if that interests you.

I think he's trying to lead you down a rabbit hole where you eventually send him a PM of pics of your feet tbh.

Worst thing I ever did for money was stealing a load of drugs from my friends sister who was a dealer and was constantly out of it. We'd then sell the drugs and also do some of the drugs. I don't even think we really needed the money, I had a job... it was just easy extra money and free drugs.

Archived