talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's good to hear, and as strange as it sounds, I think the accident "helped" her massively to get on the "radar" so to speak. I hope she can perform :)

Yeah that crash surely hit the headlines... It was really bad though so that's not surprising. 

We'll see how she does. It's far from ideal for her to be going into a season with a new car and very little testing again, but at least it's a new series so everyone will be starting from scratch, more or less... At least she doesn't have to take a year off...

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 27/03/2019 at 02:07, nudge said:

RTL got the rights this season :) 

On 27/03/2019 at 02:17, Tommy said:

On 27/03/2019 at 02:26, nudge said:

Ah, it's a shame. Although apparently RTL announced it themselves during their Australian GP coverage; so it's a bit weird. Maybe they'll broadcast races later in the season? https://www.digitalfernsehen.de/RTL-schnappt-sich-auch-Formel-2-mit-Mick-Schumacher.176231.0

I'll just watch it on F1TV stream anyway. Wonder if they'll have German commentary for it too like they do for F1 races...

So now it's official - RTL indeed have acquired the rights... but only for the highlights.

https://www.rtl.de/cms/mick-schumacher-formel-2-kuenftig-bei-rtl-4314176.html

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Guess I'll have to find a stream then. 

Sean Gelael will run a KFC Bucket helmet in F2 btw :4_joy:

55646550_2416463835039965_45667903645050

Yeah his father is KFC mogul in Indonesia xD He comes across as a nice kid just too bad he's about 10 seconds slower than the rest of the grid :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Ghiotto on pole with Deletraz and de Vries behind him for the feature race tomorrow. Mick had a big lockup on his last run and lost time so will be starting from P10. Sette Camara P8 only somewhat surprisingly; too many errors from him today.

• Subscriber

What a race! :o Latifi wins it with Ghiotto and Sette Camara behind him in P2 and P3.

Mick finishes P8 meaning he gets the reverse grid pole for tomorrow's sprint race! Even more impressive is the fact that he managed to close a 5 second gap to Matsushita on the last lap to take P8 and cut 10 seconds from the gap to Aitken in the last 6 laps :o 

https://streamable.com/x1ju4

He's fast enough, drives and defends intelligently, manages his tyres well and seems able to get the most out of them so with more experience with the car I'm absolutely sure he'll do well, especially once he gets better at qualifying.

Also very impressed with Hubert, best placed rookie and just missed out on the podium finishing P4 after having started at P11! :o Great performance.

Sauber Junior Team rather disappointing with P14 & P16... :( 

D25zZWUXcAA1McS.png

• Subscriber

An entertaining race again with Ghiotto starting at P7 then going for a risky pit strategy gamble which paid off as he fell down to P14 but still managed to win the race as the drivers in front didn't pit so he was much faster on his fresh tyres. Great drive; similar to Charles Leclerc two years ago with the same strategy. 

D2_GIT2WkAIh7tw.jpg:large

Mick P6, he had a good start but was conserving his tyres so didn't even try to defend his lead after the first few laps, kept out of trouble for the rest of the race and defended his position well against De Vries at the end of the race. Solid first weekend for him; definitely has a lot to learn and adapt to the new machinery but he already got solid points so a good start there. 

Sauber Junior Team's not looking good. Correa got a puncture and had to pit, Ilott nowhere to be seen.

Zhou was impressive today, going from P10 to P4 without pit stop!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Very good and detail overview of the mess that is F3 series this year.

@Tommy

Thank you, that explained everything. But what a mess :D Impossible to follow them all. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thank you, that explained everything. But what a mess :D Impossible to follow them all. 

Indeed, it's a big clusterfuck. I only intend to follow the official F3, Formula Regional and Euroformula Open this season but frankly even that seems a bit of an overkill...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Only P9 in race 1 for Sophia. But I've heard that she had some issues with the engine. P5 for David Schumacher. 

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/elms?fbclid=IwAR27lo4f9Z1nau4jrFq1X5K8-j3L1YX92FM-ClA51tmPVrsNBTPuSB1R42s

Prema just too far ahead of everyone else... Hope Fittipaldi takes it this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sean Gelael was disqualified from the quali today and will start last on the grid tomorrow due to running over two marshals :ph34r:

No I'm not joking. Baku delivers.

• Subscriber

Mick out of the race after he gets too much of the kerb and spins :( Must be cosplaying Vettel :ph34r:

It's a pity as he had a great race up until that point; P4 or P5 was more than doable :( 

• Subscriber

Brilliant race by Mick today! ^_^ P5 after starting from P19; good job!

Also Correa 2nd and Illot 9th; points for Sauber junior team!

A lot of incidents again.

All race results:

D5O7BqUWsAEbRsG.jpg

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:35_thinking:

I still think they should have taken all that money they are spending on this series that looks like only a marketing gimmick to me and actually invested it in up and coming female drivers in various already established series starting with the grassroots level; maybe in a form of sponsorships, scholarships and development programs. This series (if it actually takes off) might get more girls interested in motorsports and encourage them to pursue a career but other than that, I'm afraid it's going to be a dead-end. I mean, who would be taken more seriously by a potential sponsor/racing team - a young driver (regardless of gender) who has been competing in an already established, official feeder series in the single-seater ladder and whose talent can be judged regularly based on their on track performances against numerous other drivers coming up through the same ladder, or a female driver taking part in a segregated, stand-alone series where they are only racing against a few other women for only 6 races a season so it's hard to judge their skills?... I don't know, I'm very skeptical about it as I think it only brings more segregation. If you want successful female drivers in motorsports, let them compete together with male drivers from the very start and provide more opportunities (which really equals to financing) for them to showcase their talent and skills on a level playing field. 

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived