The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ah, didn't know F1 was doing two weeks in Austria. Probably should have checked that first.

Yep, the first one is Austrian GP, and the second one is Styrian GP. I wish they named the second one Niki Lauda GP instead :( 

Here's the revised calendar for F2 and F3 so far:

EZndRinWkAMImR8?format=png&name=small

Yeah - I think after today I'm going to focus on watching more F2, it was absolute bonkers and I loved it. Much more passing, pressure, and competitive.

Plus, according to the commentators, this is an exciting year for F2 as the rookies this year are some of the best up and coming drivers.

What does throw me off a bit, if that cars look completely different for teammates. Ilott and Zhou are teammates, but their liveries are completely different. xD Same for Mick and Robert.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I think after today I'm going to focus on watching more F2, it was absolute bonkers and I loved it. Much more passing, pressure, and competitive.

Plus, according to the commentators, this is an exciting year for F2 as the rookies this year are some of the best up and coming drivers.

Yes, last year's grid was a bit weak, so the races were often not that great. This season thankfully has a very very strong grid, and the rookies are definitely a big part of it. There's at least a dozen of drivers capable of challenging for wins every weekend, and the title battle should be very tight. This season they also have new 18 inch wheels, so nobody has any experience with the new tyres, which often made a huge difference between those more experienced in F2 and the rookies joining from F3. 

So all in all, it's a great year to get into F2. Although it's a pity you missed the opportunity to witness the great Mahaveer Raghunathan in action :4_joy:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

What does throw me off a bit, if that cars look completely different for teammates. Ilott and Zhou are teammates, but their liveries are completely different. xD Same for Mick and Robert.

Yes, that's because of their personal sponsorships. Those seats are pretty expensive, hehe. But it kinda works, as it's easier to identify the drivers in some cases...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, that's because of their personal sponsorships. Those seats are pretty expensive, hehe. But it kinda works, as it's easier to identify the drivers in some cases...

Yeah - I prefer it actually, but it's just different than what I'm used to in F1.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

@Eco Zhou's car apparently had a gearbox glitch.

Yeah - figured as much. You could hear on the straight that Zhou's car was sounding off when trying to change gears. Just curious if there was a failure or who they were able to fix it (without replacing it) so that they could continue.

• Subscriber
On 03/07/2020 at 18:31, Eco said:

How the hell do you know if someone has had a good karting season? Do you really watch kids karting? xD

Has their ever been an African driver? (Note: Egypt is in Africa)

Jody Scheckter was F1 champion in 1979, he was South African. There were a few others around that time from South Africa too I think.

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)
  • Subscriber

The F3 race has been red flagged and then canceled due to the rain, so half points will be awarded. 

IMG_20200711_133144.jpg.b7619068b5549dc99cb8bef76ea127d4.jpg

Vesti wins from pole, Zendeli and Beckmann complete the podium. Nice run by David Schumacher, improved by 10 positions. 

• Subscriber

Theo Pourchaire won the sprint race today to be come the youngest ever F3 race winner (16 year old). Good to see him doing well, Sauber have quite a talent on their hands there.

Current standings after Round 2:

EcvMSeeWoAERZt0?format=jpg&name=medium

In other news, Sophia Flörsch is having another meltdown on twitter xD 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Theo Pourchaire won the sprint race today to be come the youngest ever F3 race winner (16 year old). Good to see him doing well, Sauber have quite a talent on their hands there.

Current standings after Round 2:

EcvMSeeWoAERZt0?format=jpg&name=medium

In other news, Sophia Flörsch is having another meltdown on twitter xD 

What did the stewarts decide with Sophia's accident? 

Also really impressed with Beckmann and Zendeli! 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What did the stewarts decide with Sophia's accident? 

Also really impressed with Beckmann and Zendeli! 

Deemed it a racing incident, which it probably was, it's hard to tell from that angle and there has been no onboard video released so far... Her regular complaining on social media isn't doing her any favours though, especially since she's not exactly delivering on the track either.

And yes, especially Beckmann! Might even have a realistic shot at the title, although it will be hard to beat Prema drivers...

• Subscriber

Pourchaire won the feature race yesterday, starting from pole and controlling the race well. Still can't believe he's only sixteen! 

Beckmann got his first ever F3 win today! Finished second, but Viscaal got penalised, so Beckmann inherited the win, with Piastri and Hauger behind him. Also amazing race by Smolyar - started from P27 and finished 7th :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Lots of crashing in F3 today. Oli Caldwell not getting out of the car. Hope he's ok. :/

edit: He seems to be alright.

That looked bad, his car was split in two with the gearbox left hanging, but luckily not in a very high speed, and Dunner hit the back of it and not the middle... 

Liam Lawson won and managed to keep the Premas behind him, nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

David Schumacher has unexpectedly left Charouz Racing, and hinted at "big news" soon. Could be that he's getting into F2? 🤔 Maybe replacing Gelael? Wouldn't make that much sense, but why not. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

David Schumacher has unexpectedly left Charouz Racing, and hinted at "big news" soon. Could be that he's getting into F2? 🤔 Maybe replacing Gelael? Wouldn't make that much sense, but why not. 

Just looked him up, and see he's dating a Hungarian driver named Keszthelyi..so...a quick google search and I'm not sure if her eyes are stunning, or creepy. 

1200px-Vivien_Keszthelyi_racing_driver_p

Reminds me a bit of a certain villian 

image.webp

6 hours ago, Eco said:

Just looked him up, and see he's dating a Hungarian driver named Keszthelyi..so...a quick google search and I'm not sure if her eyes are stunning, or creepy. 

1200px-Vivien_Keszthelyi_racing_driver_p

Reminds me a bit of a certain villian 

image.webp

They look edited in that picture. 

9x6JVDo.jpeg

Definitely *quick google search, ok, she's 19* stunning. Get in there, David! 

Archived