talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Subscriber

Jonny Edgar is forced to withdraw from F3 due to long term health issues as his physical condition has worsened :( he's been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and has lost a lot of weight during the winter. Hope he can recover enough to resume his career once his condition improves...

Oliver Rasmussen will replace him at Trident.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Jonny Edgar is forced to withdraw from F3 due to long term health issues as his physical condition has worsened :( he's been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and has lost a lot of weight during the winter. Hope he can recover enough to resume his career once his condition improves...

Oliver Rasmussen will replace him at Trident.

Poor guy, and only 18 years old. Crohn's disease is no joke. :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

On Instagram David said he'll race for them in Imola, and on Facebook "for the rest of the season". 🤔

Wishful thinking? Freudian slip? 🤔 xD

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too surprised. Simmons reportedly ran out of sponsor money, so if David has the budget, he could well stay for the rest of the season...

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wishful thinking? Freudian slip? 🤔 xD

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be too surprised. Simmons reportedly ran out of sponsor money, so if David has the budget, he could well stay for the rest of the season...

Maybe he got a pocket money raise from Ralf. 🤔😂

Watching the F3 race. Arthur Leclerc went from 21st to 6th (now 5th). 

Nice battles at the top as well. Red Bull Juniors vs. Ferrari Juniors. Alright, just as I typed this Saucy crashed. Bearman had some oversteering and crashed into him. 

Stanek wins. Hadjar very lucky to gain a last minute podium. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Watching the F3 race. Arthur Leclerc went from 21st to 6th (now 5th). 

Nice battles at the top as well. Red Bull Juniors vs. Ferrari Juniors. Alright, just as I typed this Saucy crashed. Bearman had some oversteering and crashed into him. 

Stanek wins. Hadjar very lucky to gain a last minute podium. 

How did Maloney do?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

ADAC F4 championship has been canceled for next season. Not surprising, considering that the series had only 5 full-time drivers in 2022... Just highlights the dire situation of German talents in junior formulae. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

As expected, Alonso's protégé Nikola Tsolov has been given a seat with ART in Formula 3 next season. Will be really interesting to see how he does.

I see he's a member of the Alpine Academy. Will Alonso take him with him to Aston Martin? xD

But nice to have a young prospect from a country like Bulgaria. Not a country you immediately connect with Motorsports. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I see he's a member of the Alpine Academy. Will Alonso take him with him to Aston Martin? xD

But nice to have a young prospect from a country like Bulgaria. Not a country you immediately connect with Motorsports. 

I think a lot will depend on how he does in F3. He straight out dominated Spanish F4 last season, but it's quite a big jump to make... Alpine will probably wait to see how he copes with that. Alonso seems to believe that the kid is a true talent.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

I just came here to post the same and tag you xD

Last chance in open wheel single seaters, imo.

Yea, she posted an hour before that there's gonna be an announcement. I thought it's gonna be that Academy crap. This is a lot better at least. Definitely looks like a last chance in the single seaters. Maybe doing other stuff and maturing will help her. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, she posted an hour before that there's gonna be an announcement. I thought it's gonna be that Academy crap. This is a lot better at least. Definitely looks like a last chance in the single seaters. Maybe doing other stuff and maturing will help her. 

Haha, she's a strong opponent of gender segregated series, so there's no way she would have joined the Academy... But honestly, I don't even know why she bothers with feeder series anymore. It's obvious she has no chance getting anywhere near to F1, and so is just spending money to drive in a series with no future. Imo, should rather focus on building a successful sportscar career. 

Archived