talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

He was a bit unlucky, his last lap got ruined when Mazepin crashed out. Definitely looking good though!

I am trying to see if I can watch the replay on F1TV, but currently having issues finding it.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Mick is P5?

Well done sir.

Yeah that was decent, I expect more from him as the season progresses though. Will be interesting to see how he does in the race tomorrow. Had some technical issues with his car during the free practice today, hopefully Prema has sorted that out.

Hats off to Zhou, that was very impressive. Hope he has a great season and gets put into that Renault seat in F1!

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I am trying to see if I can watch the replay on F1TV, but currently having issues finding it.

Probably not uploaded on there yet! They are not exactly fast with that...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah that was decent, I expect more from him as the season progresses though. Will be interesting to see how he does in the race tomorrow. Had some technical issues with his car during the free practice today, hopefully Prema has sorted that out.

Hats off to Zhou, that was very impressive. Hope he has a great season and gets put into that Renault seat in F1!

Probably not uploaded on there yet! They are not exactly fast with that...

You would think having your first Chinese driver would be great from the financial point of view...and he's obviously talented.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

You would think having your first Chinese driver would be great from the financial point of view...and he's obviously talented.

Oh absolutely, that would bring a lot of sponsorship money, and he's actually fast. Would love to see him in F1!

Just now, nudge said:

Oh absolutely, that would bring a lot of sponsorship money, and he|s actually fast. Would love to see him in F1!

Yeah, would certainly love to see it. Would love to see an American, and Brazilian at that, although both countries have been represented before in F1.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, would certainly love to see it. Would love to see an American, and Brazilian at that, although both countries have been represented before in F1.

Logan Sargeant seems to be the only potential option at this point, when it comes to American talent pool. But keep an eye on Jak Crawford, he looked very good in karting and F4 NACAM, and is now a Red Bul junior. Will take part in Italian F4 and ADAC German F4 with Van Amersfoort Racing this season. 

Brazilian young drivers aren't too promising either... From the current crop in feeder series, Felipe Drugovich and Caio Collet are Brazil's best hope.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Logan Sargeant seems to be the only potential option at this point, when it comes to American talent pool. But keep an eye on Jak Crawford, he looked very good in karting and F4 NACAM, and is now a Red Bul junior. Will take part in Italian F4 and ADAC German F4 with Van Amersfoort Racing this season. 

Brazilian young drivers aren't too promising either... From the current crop in feeder series, Felipe Drugovich and Caio Collet are Brazil's best hope.

How the hell do you know if someone has had a good karting season? Do you really watch kids karting? xD

Has their ever been an African driver? (Note: Egypt is in Africa)

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

How the hell do you know if someone has had a good karting season? Do you really watch kids karting? xD

Has their ever been an African driver? (Note: Egypt is in Africa)

Haha no, don't watch karting at all, but read the reports and discussions regularly :D  

African driver in F1? Sure, Jody Scheckter, a South African and F1 champion with Ferrari! Some others from South Africa too, but none made an impact like Scheckter. John Love was a Rhodesian driver who drove in F1 sporadically. Can't think of anyone else...

I'm also not aware of any Africans currently in the junior formula series that I follow.

• Subscriber

Piastri wins the race on his debut, very lucky to get out of the clash with Fernandez on the first lap unscathed. Sargeant P2, and Alex Peroni P3! Very happy for him, what a comeback! Also Fraga's charge through the field was impressive, think he made up 14 positions 😲 

IMG_20200704_144305.thumb.jpg.a73d7bf7bc3e3c7e2985476a820873cf.jpg

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge - I'm confused...they are talking about tomorrow's F2 race and how the top 8 are reset.

Is this feature race not for points?

It is, this is the main race of the weekend with the higher point allocation! Sunday race is a sprint race with a reversed grid (top 8 today start in reverse order tomorrow(.

Just now, nudge said:

It is, this is the main race of the weekend with the higher point allocation! Sunday race is a sprint race with a reversed grid (top 8 today start in reverse order tomorrow(.

But both races are for points?

Doesn't the reverse grid mean that their will be a battle for 8th today? Wouldn't it be better to finish 8th today  than to finish 6th?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

But both races are for points?

Doesn't the reverse grid mean that their will be a battle for 8th today? Wouldn't it be better to finish 8th today  than to finish 6th?

Well, if you finish 6th today, you get 8 points and start from P3 tomorrow. If you manage to finish 3rd on Sunday race, that's 10 points, so the total is 18 points in 2 races.
If you finish 8th today, you get 1 point and start P1 tomorrow. If you manage to win the Sunday race, it's 15 points, so total of 16 points.

That of course is purely theoretical, as it's impossible to know what happens in the race, but all in all, it's better to finish higher in the main feature race as it awards more points...

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived