F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

More bad news on Correa.

You got me scared there... Only saw "more bad new on Correa" in my feed before I went into this thread to check it and was relieved to see it's yesterday's update. Thought things have gotten even worse :/

• Subscriber

Juan Manuel remains in the Intensive Care Unit in a state of induced coma. Although his lungs have gradually recovered, his respiratory functions continue to be assisted by ECMO and a breathing ventilator.

Juan Manuel’s leg injuries remain an important concern and will undergo immediate surgery once his lungs are strong enough to withstand the procedure. More information will be provided when available.

https://racetechdevelopmentgroup.com/media/medical-statement-on-juan-manuel-correa-september-17/

59 minutes ago, nudge said:

Juan Manuel remains in the Intensive Care Unit in a state of induced coma. Although his lungs have gradually recovered, his respiratory functions continue to be assisted by ECMO and a breathing ventilator.

Juan Manuel’s leg injuries remain an important concern and will undergo immediate surgery once his lungs are strong enough to withstand the procedure. More information will be provided when available.

https://racetechdevelopmentgroup.com/media/medical-statement-on-juan-manuel-correa-september-17/

Is this the pessimist in me or does this sound rather negative? Hoping for the best. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is this the pessimist in me or does this sound rather negative? Hoping for the best. 

It sounds rather positive actually in terms of his lungs having gradually recovered... This is a nice summary by l12mcg from the Autosport forum:

QTYLCK1.png

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

It sounds rather positive actually in terms of his lungs having gradually recovered... This is a nice summary by l12mcg from the Autosport forum:

QTYLCK1.png

Than god for smart people. That's sounds more encouraging :P

• Subscriber

Juan Manuel Correa is now breathing on his own and is semi-conscious (still heavily sedated). Next week they'll start surgeries to fix his legs as his lungs have recovered enough now.

Great news! ^_^

• Subscriber

Artem Markelov will drive Arden's second car in place of Anthoine Hubert for the remainder of this season.

Also David Schumacher will get his F3 debut replacing injured Alex Peroni at Campos Racing. Very happy for him; he's been doing well so far. Hopefully will join Sauber Junior Team in F2 next season as well. That would be two Schumachers in the same series again :D 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

David Schumacher seems to be the real deal. What I've seen and heard of him so far sounds really promising. Maybe even more so than Mick? :ph34r:

Think it's impossible to tell at this point. Both have similar results in F4, Mick is a bit of a late bloomer and takes a while to adapt, David started karting at an earlier age and seems to be quite a fast learner. Mick is fast and has got good racecraft, I didn't see enough of David to judge him on that. Very eager to see where both end. Mick will surely get a chance in F1; the marketing opportunities are just too huge and he's no mug anyway - even if he turns out to be just a mediocre F1 driver he'll bring a lot of money. The thing with Mick is that most people look only into his points in F3 this year and say "meh, he's overrated just because of his name, other rookies are doing much better than him" while completely ignoring what happened during the actual races. Yes, he still struggles a bit with the Pirellis and made a few mistakes for sure; but he also had his share of bad luck and DNFs (mechanical issues, being involved in accidents due to no fault of his own as well as team mistakes) which meant both his feature and sprint races were screwed as a result ending in no or just few points. He also had a great race in Spielberg for example, a great drive finishing P4 from P18 and his Silverstone drive was also very exciting and most of his qualifyings have been solid. 

• Subscriber

Latest update on Juan Manuel Correa:

Earlier this week, Juan Manuel was transferred to a new hospital in London, England that specializes in orthopedic surgeries as the focus shifts from his lungs to his lower body extremities. Juan Manuel is now fully conscious, and his lungs have recovered much faster than anticipated. His overall physical improvement and willpower has doctors impressed. The main objective this week has been to get Juan Manuel in the best condition possible for his surgery on Sunday that will be 10+ hours in duration.

Sunday’s surgery will be crucial in determining Juan Manuel’s future. Doctors will have, for the first time since the accident, complete access to the wounds on his lower right leg. They will be able to determine the actual level of damage to his tibia, ankle, and foot. During surgery, they will save what can be saved and removed what needs to be removed in order to rebuild his right lower leg to the best possible condition. The surgeons are the top in their field and are cautiously optimistic given the fast-paced recovery that Juan Manuel has had in the previous week.

The injuries that Juan Manuel sustained are severe, and the surgery procedure is very complex. Doctors gave Juan Manuel the option of right foot reconstructive amputation. He has chosen NOT to have the amputation and to proceed with the surgery, understanding all the challenges involved.

Additional details will be provided on Juan Manuel’s condition when available.

https://racetechdevelopmentgroup.com/media/medical-update-juan-manuel-correa-friday-september-27-2019/

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Nice! I enjoyed watching him race when I watched the races because of Mick. Big talent for sure. 

Yeah he should definitely get a seat in Formula 2 next season. Looks good for Ferrari in terms of talents.
Gutted for Vips; his mistake today cost him 3rd place in the overall final standings and the superlicence most likely...

A great start by Mick in the feature race and a good race so far; went P3 from P11 before the pit stops. Hope he can manage his tyres well and have a go at top 5 at least.

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived