talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Subscriber

It's a shame the Danica Patrick thing never went through. Susie Wolff and Maria de Villota both got testing roles at a similar time a few years ago but the way things went with Maria's crash, that's probably subconsciously set the process back by the best part of a decade unfortunately.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Tommy said:

W-Series going well so far... :4_joy:

wser.jpg

Haha. I saw that, they were all in general pretty nervous and obviously not used to it and the post-race organisation wasn't rehearsed well I think. 

Claire Williams was were too; in the paddock and presenting the awards. 

The race itself... well. I personally found it a bit dull. There's a huge difference between the few drivers at the top, the midfield, and the backmarkers. Like, it's only a 30 minute race in spec cars with a 5 minute safety car period and the gap between 1st and 8th was over 17 seconds... Between 1st and last (16th) it was over 46 seconds. Also I couldn't tell the cars apart most of the time as there's very little variation in the liveries. Given that they will actually swap cars every race makes that even worse. The coverage/commentary was pretty bad as well. 

Best impression of the race - Miki Koyama. Started P17 and made it into P7. Too bad they didn't show most of her overtakes on the broadcast though.

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha. I saw that, they were all in general pretty nervous and obviously not used to it and the post-race organisation wasn't rehearsed well I think. 

Claire Williams was were too; in the paddock and presenting the awards. 

The race itself... well. I personally found it a bit dull. There's a huge difference between the few drivers at the top, the midfield, and the backmarkers. Like, it's only a 30 minute race in spec cars with a 5 minute safety car period and the gap between 1st and 8th was over 17 seconds... Between 1st and last (16th) it was over 46 seconds. Also I couldn't tell the cars apart most of the time as there's very little variation in the liveries. Given that they will actually swap cars every race makes that even worse. The coverage/commentary was pretty bad as well. 

Best impression of the race - Miki Koyama. Started P17 and made it into P7. Too bad they didn't show most of her overtakes on the broadcast though.

I only saw the results and I thought the gap between the leader and the lower half of the grid looked weird. Thanks for the "report". I'll try to watch the next race, I completely forgot about it again. Too many Steins or something :4_joy:

• Subscriber

There's F3 and F2  races today + F1 of course + IndyCar + football tonight. How the heck am I supposed to keep up with it all?... xD 

Anyway F3 starting now. 

Schwartzman on pole! ^_^

Mick will start P9 in the feature race today after both Campos drivers have been given grid penalties for undeclared parts on their cars during free practice. Ghiotto on pole. Latiffi second. And Zhou in P3; very impressive for a rookie!!!

• Subscriber

Schwartzman gets the win despite finishing second as the race winner Lundgaard is handed a five-second time penalty for a VSC infringement, dropping him to second. Marcus Armstrong in P3. A good race by David Beckmann; makes up 3 positions to finish P4. 

Not a great race for Sauber Junior Team... P13; P20; P27. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Qualifying is done for group A; Group B now underway.

D7P8tE7XsAAkG96.jpg

Calum Ilott takes P1 with Mick only 0.007s slower in second meaning they will start from row one and two respectively tomorrow!

Raghunathan is ridiculous. Almost 4-5 seconds slower than everyone, ruins qualifying laps of two other drivers by ignoring blue flags. Shouldn't be let anywhere near a racing car.

• Subscriber

F2 race in Monaco redflagged as Calderon spins after a touch from Mick who was too optimistic trying to overtake and it causes a huge traffic jam at the same corner where his father once parked his car during the qualifying xD 

• Subscriber

Lol race control is doing weird things here. Schumacher and Calderon blocked the track, everyone behind them stopped, the top 8 completed the full lap and stopped at the back of the queue. The top 8 was then pushed to the front of the queue in the pits for the restart lapping the rest of the field. Those were not allowed to unlap themselves under the safety car and now more than half of the field is one lap down O.o Ruined an interesting unpredictable race really as now it.

• Subscriber

What a shitshow xD Well at least this was extremely entertaining...

FIA will be investigating themselves after the race for race suspension procedure infringement. You can't make this shit up xD 

• Subscriber

Class F2 sprint race today; rookie Antoine Hubert taking his first win in F2 with less than 0.01s gap between him and Deletraz right next to him on the finish line. Very exciting. Zhou making it on the podium; very happy for him and he's been doing very well in his debut season.

Nick de Vries takes the overall lead from Latiffi with just 1 point separating them in the standings.

Not a great weekend for Mick and both Sauber Junior Team drivers... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Absolutely mad F2 race at Paul Ricard today. 

Nick de Vries takes the win which puts him on top in the overall driver standings as well.

Mick taken out by his teammate on the very first lap :censored:

Also @Cannabis - given your love for Stroll (:ph34r:), I would suggest you to start following Mahaveer Raghunathan. Now that's the best example of a pay driver that has no place in the sport. The kid literally can't drive a car... The worst racing driver I've ever seen.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Worse than Taki Inoue? :4_joy:

Yes... Inoue was a poor driver but I reckon he knew that in order to get the car move to a certain direction you actually need to turn the steering wheel :ph34r:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes... Inoue was a poor driver but I reckon he knew that in order to get the car move to a certain direction you actually need to turn the steering wheel :ph34r:

Most of the time, I guess 

1c6c813bb9d5494160041c1c4ee2fb70_L.jpg

:4_joy:

• Subscriber

Getting back to F2: Raghunathan has now been banned for the next round as he managed to collect 9(!) penalty points in a single race yesterday and now has 12 in total which is an automatic ban.

Another DNF for Mick due to technical issues :( A weekend to forget.

If the sprint race ends as it stands now we're going to have three rookies on the podium :o Hubert with a great race, Correa (Sauber Junior Team!) and Zhou right behind him. Zhou has been phenomenal so far, great debut season after he kind of disappeared in F3 last season.

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived