talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Subscriber

Is it okay to open a thread for the junior formula racing here?.. 

Formula 2 pre-season testing starts tomorrow in Jerez.

Team # Driver License
Carlin 1 Louis Delétraz CHE
2 Nobuharu Matsushita JPN
ART Grand Prix 3 Nikita Mazepin RUS
4 Nyck De Vries NLD
DAMS 5 Sérgio Sette Câmara BRA
6 Nicholas Latifi CAN
UNI-Virtuosi 7 Guanyu Zhou CHI
8 Luca Ghiotto ITA
PREMA Racing 9 Mick Schumacher DEU
10 Sean Gelael IDN
Sauber Junior Team by Charouz 11 Callum Ilott GBR
12 Juan Manuel Correa USA
Campos Racing 14 Dorian Boccolacci FRA
15 Jack Aitken GBR
MP Motorsport 16 Jordan King GBR
17 Richard Verschoor NLD
BWT Arden 18 Tatiana Caldéron COL
19 Anthoine Hubert FRA
Trident 20 Giuliano Alesi FRA
21 Ralph Boschung CHE

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sophia Flörsch is set for her comeback behind the wheel. She'll take part in the F3 tests on the 6th of Match. 

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/sophia-floersch-steht-nach-unfall-vor-comeback-in-der-formel-3-a-1255001.html

Good to hear she made a full recovery and is returning back to race. 

Are you planning go to any of Formula European Masters races? I just saw that they are scheduled to support DTM races this season. 

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good to hear she made a full recovery and is returning back to race. 

Are you planning go to any of Formula European Masters races? I just saw that they are scheduled to support DTM races this season. 

Hmm, haven't thought about it yet, but maybe. Nürburgring is the only circuit close-ish. So that might be an option. Tickets shouldn't be too expensive either. 

• Subscriber

D0Wa2ryXQAEXCrz.jpg:large

Mick P3; best rookie on Day 1.

Sauber boys at P10 and P15.

Very early to make any conclusions but de Vries and Sette Camera are leading the field so far as expected with them being in the series for three seasons already. 

• Subscriber

De Vries, Latifi and Ghiotto, along with some others I'm sure, seem to have been around for ages. Do you actually get paid at all in F2 and below? Seems like you'd have got into F1 by now if you were good enough to make any impact.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

De Vries, Latifi and Ghiotto, along with some others I'm sure, seem to have been around for ages. Do you actually get paid at all in F2 and below? Seems like you'd have got into F1 by now if you were good enough to make any impact.

None of them (except de Vries) have enough points for Super License I think; that's the main reason Latifi, Sette Camara, Ghiotto, Gelael and the likes have been doing season after season in F2... None of them are good enough for F1 in my opinion anyway. De Vries was pissed off that Norris and Albon have been given seats instead of him as he thought they were not better than him last season but I'm not sure he's got a point there. At any case that's his best (and probably last?) chance to win the title and impress some F1 teams this year given that he's one of the most experienced drivers in what looks to be a rather weak field in F2 this season... 

As for the financial side of things - no, I don't think you get paid for driving in any of the junior formula classes... Drivers typically pay themselves, bring in sponsors, or get their development scheme to pay for the seat.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nudge said:

Formula European Masters series has apparently been canceled O.o Bad news for Sophia, @Tommy... 

I read about that earlier, apparently only six drivers were interested? Hmmm, hopefully she'll find some other seat somewhere. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I read about that earlier, apparently only six drivers were interested? Hmmm, hopefully she'll find some other seat somewhere. 

Yeah, there are just way too many F3 series this year after the restructuring and they failed to gather enough interest... Van Amersfoort Racing might be joining Euroformula Open from what I hear, so she might still have a seat there.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Van Amersfoort Racing might be joining Euroformula Open from what I hear, so she might still have a seat there.

Is that a good series? Isn't that where David Schumacher is? 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Is that a good series? Isn't that where David Schumacher is? 

This article will give you a better overview as frankly the whole F3 scene is now a complete mess: https://www.formulascout.com/in-conversation-jesus-pareja-or-how-euroformula-open-plans-to-save-f3-in-europe/44899

But essentially, they are one of the series under F3 rules; probably the best organised one so far and the most loyal to the original F3 technical regulations. Seb actually drove in the series for one season I think. 

David Schumacher took part in two rounds (I think) last season as a guest driver. He'll be driving for his dad's team in Formula Regional European Championship this year though. It's a new series that also follows F3 rules. The whole thing is a mess, way too complicated with way too many series... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ah, it's a shame. Although apparently RTL announced it themselves during their Australian GP coverage; so it's a bit weird. Maybe they'll broadcast races later in the season? https://www.digitalfernsehen.de/RTL-schnappt-sich-auch-Formel-2-mit-Mick-Schumacher.176231.0

I'll just watch it on F1TV stream anyway. Wonder if they'll have German commentary for it too like they do for F1 races...

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived