talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

football forum

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Eco said:

Crazy to see Americans up there, as it's really not too popular here and the fact that we've had Americans win Championships is very surprising. 

Mario Andretti :x

Legend.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://racetechdevelopmentgroup.com/media/medical-update-juan-manuel-correa-thursday-october-3-2019/

MEDICAL UPDATE: JUAN MANUEL CORREA – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2019

On Sunday, September 29th, Juan Manuel Correa was admitted into a planned operation to reconstruct his lower right extremity. Doctors performed a combination of Orthopedic Flap and External Fixation Surgeries, and after 17 hours in the operating room, the 20-year-old emerged with hopeful news from doctors that the surgery was successful.

The days following the surgery were stressful, as though deemed a success in the operating room, the next 48 – 72 hours were critical in the final outcome of the Flap Surgery procedure.

Now Thursday, and more than 72 hours later, doctors are confident in a successful procedure while still under careful observation. During the procedure, doctors were forced to remove more bone material than they anticipated and solve several blood vessel issues, but state that the main objective of the surgery was achieved. Juan Manuel remains in a London hospital, and he is scheduled for one additional, less complex surgery in two weeks’ time.

Doctors expect Juan Manuel will be able to leave the hospital in approximately six weeks. He will then embark on the road to recovery. The next year will be full of physical therapy, rehabilitation and corrective surgeries with the aim and objective of regaining the full use of his right foot and ankle.

“These past few weeks have been extremely tough, tougher than anything I have ever faced both physically and mentally. I understand my future regarding the recovery of my legs, specifically my right leg is still quite uncertain, and that my physical rehab will be extremely long and complicated. I am still processing everything that has, and is, happening,” explained Juan Manuel. “I want to thank every single person who one way or another has shown me their support. I am humbled by the immense number of caring and affectionate messages I have received. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and know that your encouragement and positivity have made a difference.”

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

No German drivers :( 

Barbados, Estonia, and Paraguay....

Unreal how you come from these countries and get into F1, maybe not so much Estonia, but the other two shock me. 

6 hours ago, Eco said:

Barbados, Estonia, and Paraguay....

Unreal how you come from these countries and get into F1, maybe not so much Estonia, but the other two shock me. 

I kinda get Paraguay, considering Brazil and Argentina are bordering countries who both have a big history in F1. But Barbados is kind of strange, unless it's like a Brit racing for his 2nd nationality, like Albon. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

I kinda get Paraguay, considering Brazil and Argentina are bordering countries who both have a big history in F1. But Barbados is kind of strange, unless it's like a Brit racing for his 2nd nationality, like Albon. 

No I don't think so; Zane Maloney is born and bred in Barbados and both of his parents are Barbadian (is that even a word?) as well. He comes from a racing family though and his dad owns the track which hosted The Race of Champions a few years back as well as numerous Festival of Speed events where some F1 teams and drivers did a few demo laps too. Motorsports has apparently had a huge following for years.

• Subscriber

Some more awws - just sadder ones...

People who bought Anthoine Hubert's first go-kart many years ago have returned it to Hubert's family after they reached out on social media trying desperately to find it :61_sob:

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Some more awws - just sadder ones...

People who bought Anthoine Hubert's first go-kart many years ago have returned it to Hubert's family after they reached out on social media trying desperately to find it :61_sob:

Awesome that they found it, albeit for such a sad reason :(

4 hours ago, nudge said:

HWA are fully taking over Arden's F2 entry, having bought off their cars and equipment ahead of the 2020 season.

Yea, I've read that today, and I've been meaning to ask you. Is that good? Bad? Not really that relavant? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I've read that today, and I've been meaning to ask you. Is that good? Bad? Not really that relavant? 

Not really that relevant as they already were in some sort of a technical partnership so this just looks like a continuation of that. Maaaaaaybe good news for German drivers potentially. Maybe bad news for Red Bull juniors. Although essentially promising talents will still be given a seat; regardless in what team...

By the way Arden's team chef is Christian Horner's father :D 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be honest Red Bull don't really put their juniors into F2 seats for whatever reason... I wonder where Tsunoda ends up next season.

You're so much more well informed in this Feeder Series thing than I am. But you always make me google all those drivers and learn their story. Would be awesome to have a Japanese driver back in F1 one day. Loved Kamui and his occasional glimpses of greatness. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You're so much more well informed in this Feeder Series thing than I am. But you always make me google all those drivers and learn their story. Would be awesome to have a Japanese driver back in F1 one day. Loved Kamui and his occasional glimpses of greatness. 

I just try to keep up with as many racing series as I can haha... Junior racing is particularly interesting as it's fun to watch talents grow and follow their progress throughout the years.

I think there will definitely be a Japanese driver in F1 in the near future - that is if Honda decide to stick around after 2020... 

A Chinese driver is probably bound to happen at some point as well; given the growth of motorsports there and the immense amounts of financial resources available.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Provisional Macau GP entry list:

EHEay-8W4AAV5pN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nice to see David Schumacher on the list. Heard Sophie Flörsch is interested in returning as well. Shame to see that cunt Ticktum on there again. Why doesn't he just vanish for good :|

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice to see David Schumacher on the list. Heard Sophie Flörsch is interested in returning as well. Shame to see that cunt Ticktum on there again. Why doesn't he just vanish for good :|

Fun fact: he's now Flörsch's teammate at Van Amersfoort Racing :ph34r:

• The title was changed to F1 Feeder Series (F3 and Below)

Archived