talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

India launch strikes on Pakistan

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This won't translate to war. We have deployed army and navy at our land and water borders in high capacity, since past Saturday. 

The Pakistanis are going to deny the amount of damages they suffered, while we could be accused of exaggeration. For the record the target was Jaish-e-Mohammad's, a UN listed terrorist organisation, training camp. 

But let's for a moment ignore that. 

Here's the most important part, which has been accepted by both the nations. Our 12 fighter jets (Mirage 2000s and Sukhois) invaded Pakistan and attacked Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which is 60km from Abbottabad (the place where Osama was killed). It is a massive embarrassment to have another country's fighter jets so deep in your country. For a country that's ruled by the military to have missed that is embarrassing. The fact that they eventually realised that they were under attack, and scrambled their jets and still couldn't bring down even one of ours is humiliating. (Apparently their fighter jets retreated back after realising the number of our jets). 

On a broader issue, I (or most Indians) have nothing against Pakistan or Pakistanis. A lot of us have friends across the borders. But I can't say the same about the Pakistani establishment (Pakistani army and ISI- the real rulers of that country), who are in a business of exporting terror primarily to India and Afghanistan. When that stops, things will substantially improve. 

On a lighter note, the Pakistani defence minister's response to yesterday's strike is pure comedy. Does he want headlights fitted to his fighter jets?

The intrusion was only 3-4 miles, no such 60km claim by us and when interception was imminent, IAF jets jettisoned their payload and did the runner. its the payload which made the distance and hit some random peak.

I think they are testing to see if our SAM are active or they are turned off
Plus trying to calculate our response

17 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Lol Mirage 2000 you guys are also still using Mirages their development was stopped more than a decade ago xD that's more embarrassing for a country that spends so much on weapons 

Anyway this was pretty much expected, people were calling for a major confrontation before the elections since last year

You ever heard of the term upgrades? And even if you deem them old, then it's even more embarrassing that your lot couldn't shoot at least one down. Maybe your planes really need headlights, as your defence minister claims.

As for the next bit, it's kinda daft to quote and believe the older, equally stupid Indian version of Farhan Virk. The idiot you have quoted about is a well known liar and opposition party's bootlicker.

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Modi can't allow for the situation to normalise without some kind of show of response, he needs to look strong before the elections. 

He won't risk his armed forces. There's a chance of it backfiring. You can call him anything and I am not his fan either, but this was a response to the events of Pulwama . When your army closes terrorist camps, this region will get a lot more peaceful. 

Just now, Azeem said:

??

Because it's not going to happen. A fact that all the Indians and Pakistani(s) on the forum agree. 

So, the purpose of this thread is pointless, unless we want to argue over past, present, etc cause I am pretty certain that will only result into different versions of MCs and BCs. And I really don't want that. 

1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Because it's not going to happen. A fact that all the Indians and Pakistani(s) on the forum agree. 

So, the purpose of this thread is pointless, unless we want to argue over past, present, etc cause I am pretty certain that will only result into different versions of MCs and BCs. And I really don't want that. 

I don't swear at all in real life also you don't have to worry about that

• Administrator
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Look @Azeem, I like you. And I really don't want to get into a squabble over problems which our leaders (though mostly your army and ISI) are responsible.

Maybe the mods can close this thread, until an actual war breaks out. 

There's no reason to close this thread. 

21 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This thread feels like a parody 

Yep, weird considering what has happened. Or maybe we (Indians and Pakistanis) have got used to these events. 

7 minutes ago, Batard said:

There's no reason to close this thread. 

I said that because it seemed like we were about to quarrel. And you really don't want a desi squabble. It's highly unpleasant. It wouldn't have achieved anything apart from bans.

Anyways, that's not gonna happen. 

Archived