• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best movie endings

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Great topic. The ending to Heat was great it was the showdown that built durring the whole movie. But still what I remember most from it was the shootout in the middle of the city with the cops that was something else, probably one of the best shootout scenes ever.

I love me some mindfuck endings. Too hard to pick one a couple come to mind in no particular order:

Predestination 

Inception

Seven

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

The Usual Suspects

Good thread Tsubs.

My favourites in no particular order

Whiplash - Pure adrenaline finish. And then they acknowledge each other. 

Godfather - The closing of door is iconic. 

Blade Runner - That monologue and the paper unicorn. 

Blade Runner 2049 - K does what he wants only to feel what it means to be human. 

The Place Beyond The Pines - Sons become their fathers. 

Jagten The Hunt - Once an accused, always an accused. 

Das letzte schweigen - Another closing door scene, showing a pedo's desire for friendship. Creepy but powerful. 

Brazil - Punch in the gut. 

Seven - No need to explain

Gone Baby Gone - Casey Affleck and the kid sitting on the couch. 

The Secret in their Eyes - Proper justice delivered. 

Andhadhun - What a trick. 

I have probably missed many. Will add when I remember them.

• Subscriber

Big Fish - no other movie made me so emotional and that ending was just the icing on the cake...

Rogue One - just marvelous. The whole Vader sequence and then the ending that perfectly lines up with the beginning of the first original Star Wars movie; very clever and extremely well executed.

La vita é bella - bittersweet. I lied when I said that no other movie except Big Fish made me so emotional... This one takes the cake.

There are loads, you could easily list so many. But I really fucking love The Departed. And I love The Departed because of the way Scorsese tee's up the audience with one shock, quickly followed by another to literally leave you feeling dazed.

I remember the first time I watched the movie. I mean come on. Di Caprio. Damon. Wahlberg. Nicholson, Sheen. What a cast.

Brilliant film, absorbing plot, audience really invested in the main characters involved without a clue who come's out on top. It was all boiling down nicely to the climax.

And just as the action begins to unfold...POW...Scorsese put's in a twist you just don't see coming. My head was fucked.

giphy.gif

Still reeling in shock, and just as you think the film will end one way...BAM...you get another twist. 

Out pans the camera and there you see a little Rat running across a Balcony. How's symbolic. A mixture of emotions from the characters involved and yet everything 'feels' like it's sewn together.

Brilliant.

• Subscriber

The first time I saw The Departed I loved it but  having watched the Chinese film which it was based upon (Infernal Affairs) Ive had a hard time with it since. Infernal Affairs Id say almost did everything better, they also made it a trilogy. Its been a while since Ive seen either mind you but the second Infernal Affairs was also pretty good I remember. 

Apart from some that have already been mentioned (Shawshank, Seven, Fight Club), I'll add these ones, In no order:

- Gone with the Wind

- Bicycle Thieves

- Sunset Boulevard

- Barton Fink

- The World of Apu (superb end to finish the best movie trilogy)

- City Lights

- White Heat

- Oldboy

- The Killing

- The Wages of Fear

- Imitation of Life

- Witness for the Prosecution

- Stella Dallas

- The Easy Life

- Nights of Cabiria

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, ASF said:

Apart from some that have already been mentioned (Shawshank, Seven, Fight Club), I'll add these ones, In no order:

- Gone with the Wind

- Bicycle Thieves

- Sunset Boulevard

- Barton Fink

- The World of Apu (superb end to finish the best movie trilogy)

- City Lights

- White Heat

- Oldboy

- The Killing

- The Wages of Fear

- Imitation of Life

- Witness for the Prosecution

- Stella Dallas

- The Easy Life

- Nights of Cabiria

Good shout on OldBoy holy fuck what an ending, what a movie - I assume/hope youre not talking about the Brolin remake xD

7 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Good shout on OldBoy holy fuck what an ending, what a movie - I assume/hope youre not talking about the Brolin remake xD

Haha, fuck no mate. I never saw that one.

I'll add The Others on the list.

For me The Graduate would have to be right up there.... Absolute classic ending!

Raiders of the Lost Ark was the most awe inspiring

The usual suspects was the most mind blowing

The Breakfast Club was the most oddly fitting

Love Actually Always leaves me with a smile on my face

The Godfather Perfect ending for a perfect film. 

Archived