talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 23rd April - Real Madrid 2-3 Barcelona

football forum

What you said makes no sense. Your first sentence is broken and nonsensical.

"Because anything any Barcelona player does at the Santiago Bernabéu or any Real Madrid player at the Camp Nou like when Raúl told the Camp Nou to hush with his finger to his lips."

I think what you are trying to say is it's only special because Messi did it and it was at the camp Nou. Which I find odd. But whatever.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

"Because anything any Barcelona player does at the Santiago Bernabéu or any Real Madrid player at the Camp Nou like when Raúl told the Camp Nou to hush with his finger to his lips."

I think what you are trying to say is it's only special because Messi did it and it was at the camp Nou. Which I find odd. But whatever.

was at Bernabeu though?

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

My browser happened to crash as I tried to edit due to not having finished the sentence. 

What I'm saying is that whatever any player does from those two clubs (when they face each other) at either stadium, it's made 100 times bigger.  Players from both clubs are always told to be on their best behaviour when making any possible gesture to the rival fans.  So certain players (you have to be special to take it upon yourself to do it) that go ahead and make a gesture, it will have a meaning and it will be blown up by the national press. It's then referred to forever as was Raúl's finger to lips gesture years ago at the Camp Nou. 

27 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

So his celebration is the best in history, not because it's any good, but because it was during Barca vs Real?

How self obsessed.

I never said that Messi's celebration was the best in history. The clashes between these two don't have to have "the best in history" syndrome attached to any gesture or action from anyone. It goes beyond that!

Remember this... You've (or most) probably never seen a better player than Messi in your life (I'm not saying this disrespectfully) and anything he does goes beyond anything habitual done in football.

I was infact writing a piece with references to this and more in the Barcelona thread but the browser crashed. I managed to save it and will post this evening for whoever is interested. 

On 5th viewing of the goal I just noticed how Pique starts the move, runs the whole length of the pitch, gets into the box, and drags Modric away from pretty much the exact spot where Messi shoots from.

Such a strange, brilliant player. 

I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday... If Real Madrid lose La Liga after the terrible season Barça have had (by their standards), it will be the most embarrassing concession in Spanish football history.

Barcelona didn't even play well yesterday and Real Madrid played their basic football based on effectivity which almost done it for them once again. But because they played quality in Barcelona, they lost. Barça aren't the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Sporting Gijón, Real Betis, Málaga, Deportivo or even Sevilla who should've all beaten Real this season on football played.

In this case they were punsihed.

Hopefully the gruelling physical 180 minutes that await them with Simeone's grinding Atlético Madrid (win or lose) will swallow them up for the final moments of La Liga. Even so, even if Real win it, the fact Barça with their horrible season ran them so close will be something to look back on for what it's worth. Barcelona playing so inconsistently coupled with all the dozens of benefits the referees have given them this season won't be forgotten by me and many others. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Brilliant player but if you go back and look at the goals barcelona conceded from set pieces/crosses, its mostly pique who gets caught off guard/loses his man. 

Both GKs were quality, the defining moment was when Ramos was sent off wrongfully, really harsh card and whats worst is that barcelona fouled multiple times after that and the fucking bais ref showed his true colors. La liga is far from over but rm still has the advantage with one less game. 

I agree about the goal-keepers because there were some brilliant saves made.

But that bit in bold. Seriously? Don't know how seriously to take you sometimes. It was two-footed, in the air and he takes Messi out. By the rules, that's a red. He should know that it  was stupid to tackle like that in a game of this magnitude. There wasn't even any need to go 2-footed??

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The question you should ask yourself is WHY would there be uproar of Cristiano Ronaldo did that.

I would say you and most people know the answer to that question and within that answer is the reason as to why.

I've always maintained that I have no understanding of the attitude of some people and not just him. There are others in many walks of life that are similar. In the end, each individual is the self creator of their own destiny and how you will be judged and treated. Intelligent people don't just manufacture caricatures... Those are self inflicted.  

I do know the answer. It's because celebrating in front of opposition fans is generally considered to be a dick move, as is finishing off a great team goal and making it all about yourself.

What I don't know, however, is why crook, cheat, and snide bastard Lionel Messi is immune from criticism for the above.

This could potentially mean they dropped the title. Even though they have a game in hand the pressure will be immense now, also hope Barcelona drops the title and the cup. 

Also hope Martin gives Messi the best blow job of his life, as it is his one desire.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

I do know the answer. It's because celebrating in front of opposition fans is generally considered to be a dick move, as is finishing off a great team goal and making it all about yourself.

What I don't know, however, is why crook, cheat, and snide bastard Lionel Messi is immune from criticism for the above.

Aaah I get it. xD

Then there's no point in me wasting my valuable time with you as I understand where you're coming from.

But I do offer classes in understanding football if you're interested. As well as social manners. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

This could potentially mean they dropped the title. Even though they have a game in hand the pressure will be immense now, also hope Barcelona drops the title and the cup. 

Also hope Martin gives Messi the best blow job of his life, as it is his one desire.

huge pressure with one fit central defender and the semi-final vs Atletico in the CL to contend with too. 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

On 5th viewing of the goal I just noticed how Pique starts the move, runs the whole length of the pitch, gets into the box, and drags Modric away from pretty much the exact spot where Messi shoots from.

That goal is classic Messinand classic Barce these days.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'll repeat what I wrote yesterday... If Real Madrid lose La Liga after the terrible season Barça have had (by their standards), it will be the most embarrassing concession in Spanish football history.

Barcelona didn't even play well yesterday and Real Madrid played their basic football based on effectivity which almost done it for them once again. But because they played quality in Barcelona, they lost. Barça aren't the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Sporting Gijón, Real Betis, Málaga, Deportivo or even Sevilla who should've all beaten Real this season on football played.

Hopefully the gruelling physical 180 minutes that await them with Simeone's grinding Atlético Madrid (win or lose) will swallow them up for the final moments of La Liga. Even so, even if Real win it, the fact Barça with their horrible season ran them so close will be something to look back on for what it's worth. Barcelona playing so inconsistently coupled with all the dozens of benefits the referees have given them this season won't be forgotten by me and many others. 

Could be bad for Barca in the long run if they win. Nothing worse than a trophy to band-aide over the weaknesses of a team.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Did you mean Real Madrid in the last sentence? Or are you saying Barcelona were helped by the referees?

15 minutes ago, Asura said:

Did you mean Real Madrid in the last sentence? Or are you saying Barcelona were helped by the referees?

Yeah, the sentence came out wrong. I meant to say that Barça have been inconsistent and Real Madrid on top of everything have even been pushed along by refereeing and committee decisions. 

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Where's @The Rebel CRS?

It's one of three things...

1. He's found a new bird and she's top notch.
  2. He's been fishing and a carp that was massive swallowed him up.
  3. His dream has come true and is now a famous rapper.  Only problem is that it's in Kazakhstan and Borat is his agent, which is why nobody else in the world knows.

:ph34r:

xD

I'm still here mate. I'm just busy a lot lately.

Excellent win, largely down to 2 men(Messi and Ter Stegen) being the difference makers in a game that was very open with golden chances at either end, although the 2 Real goals were sloppy ones to conceded and both could have been prevented as far as I'm concerned. Awful defending and this is certainly an area which needs improving greatly in my opinion.

Alba showed why he should always start, especially in these type of contests. He does get caught out a bit defensively but he's instrumental to the attack. He always makes the right options.

Sergi Roberto was also vital in the end and he deserves a shot in midfield when the right-back position has been addressed as I personally believe he could thrive in that role and really grow as a player. Playing at right back is holding him back and he'd be much more comfortable in midfield. He has great engine, can pick out a good pass, has fantastic work rate and reads the game well. Midfield is where he should be. His started at right-back last night, although in midfield his attributes would be of far more use.

Iniesta also had a very good game for me, his work went massively unnoticed and there was a pass in particular to Suarez(which he should have scored) which was incredible. Very few can play passes like that.

Speaking of Suarez, he was atrocious again and it's like playing with 10 men in these type of games when he's on the pitch nowadays.

The game could have gone either way, both keepers were terrific(what a decision it was to keep Ter Stegen and not Bravo) and the main difference over the 90 minutes was Messi. He was immense throughout the game and scored 2 quality goals on top of that to decide the outcome. The Real players couldn't deal with him and had to resort to illegal measures to do so by fouling him. Strange how Casemiro was still on the pitch. Marcelo was lucky himself and on the night Real could have been down to 8 players due to Messi completely rattling them. The celebration was brilliant as well. After being kicked by their players and abused by their fans for 90 minutes, it was only fair to let them know who was having the last laugh.

All 3 goals were brilliant last night as well. Well deserved victory and the title race is still on. It would be quite something to turn it around and go on to win it now as it's looked certain for months that Real were going to go on and win it(which they still could of course), although it doesn't look as clear cut now. One of the positives is that there are no mid-week games to play in the Champions league now and the cup final isn't until next month so there is no reason why Enrique can't field his strongest 11 in nearly every game until the end of the season. This is a must to stand any chance as it's difficult in la liga these days and if you aren't at your best, then most teams are going to punish you as seen against the likes of Alaves, Deportivo, Betis and Malaga this term.

8 hours ago, Inverted said:

Even though Pique is prone to stupid errors at the back, he's a very intelligent footballer and is indispensable in games like these.

12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

This. If you look at the video closely, he didn't touch him, he TRIPPED him and Messi made it look like a red with his diving skills. Silly of ramos to launch himself like that but it was a yellow card and thats it. No contact whatsoever, thats why you dont see his leg move awkwardly/jerk, if he would of made contact the way he launch himself, Messi would be of been injured seriously. 

Doesn't have to be contact if a player is coming in with a two footed challenge. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived