• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 23rd April - Real Madrid 2-3 Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Barcelona have been arguably the better side, but only because of one man. I'd expect Zidane to just try be compact and counter second half.

Messi has indeed taken the team on his shoulders so far today.  He's been immense and proves a point where football is concerned.  Busquets has also been extraordinary to be honest.  Rakitić on the other hand has been terrible even when Barcelona have been on top.

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

Thats the second time in a week that Casemiro was not sent, first against Bayern and now today again. Fucking smug face, hate that cunt

He should've been sent off but referees always give 1 more chance before showing the 2nd yellow card. He benefited from the unwritten rule and Zidane should sub him. 

Just now, El_Loco said:

but referees always give 1 more chance before showing the 2nd yellow card

He's had more than that in this game!  The two bookings aren't the only things Moon Face should've been booked for.  He's a crap footballer to be honest mate but he's the only gimp Zidane has and one is needed in games like these.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Messi has indeed taken the team on his shoulders so far today.  He's been immense and proves a point where football is concerned.  Busquets has also been extraordinary to be honest.  Rakitić on the other hand has been terrible even when Barcelona have been on top.

This is the best I've seen Messi in a long time. Great performance. Casemiro just can't deal with him. It's nice to see the little man at his best. On the other hand, the midfield is still a problem. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He's had more than that in this game!  The two bookings aren't the only things Moon Face should've been booked for.  He's a crap footballer to be honest mate but he's the only gimp Zidane has and one is needed in games like these.

I think Casemiro is a good player, but I'm not sure he's at the level to play for Madrid. Though to be fair, Kanté is the only DM in the world who can cover the ground needed to make their midfield work well. Kroos and Modric leave a lot to be desired defensively.

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

This is the best I've seen Messi in a long time. Great performance. Casemiro just can't deal with him. It's nice to see the little man at his best. On the other hand, the midfield is still a problem. 

The midfield problem is so big mate and the reason Barça only realistically has once chance of winning honours this season which is the Copa del Rey.

If Barcelona were to win this league title this year, Real Madrid should be moved out of La Liga to play in Malta or somewhere like that.  They've had all the help they could ever need and had major advantages points wise most of the season.  It's their own fault Barça even now have any chance whatsoever of winning it.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The midfield problem is so big mate and the reason Barça only realistically has once chance of winning honours this season which is the Copa del Rey.

If Barcelona were to win this league title this year, Real Madrid should be moved out of La Liga to play in Malta or somewhere like that.  They've had all the help they could ever need and had major advantages points wise most of the season.  It's their own fault Barça even now have any chance whatsoever of winning it.

I'm not convinced by Zidane's Madrid but imo if you lose this title it'll be because of some terrible matches at Camp Nou. Hard to win it losing points to the likes of Alavés and Málaga (?) at home.

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I'm not convinced by Zidane's Madrid but imo if you lose this title it'll be because of some terrible matches at Camp Nou. Hard to win it losing points to the likes of Alavés and Málaga (?) at home.

Barcelona don't deserve to even win the league in Luxembourg this season mate.  This is the reason why I say that if Real Madrid don't win it, they can then leave the country.

2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Ter Stegen, so good. Has he been good for Barcelona this season in general? 

He's been brilliant and is always getting better.  You could always see this kid was going to be one of the best in my opinion.

I do find it funny how some people think refs are baised towards Real over Barca, yet Real hasn't won the league since 2012 and it's not as if they have been bad during that spell. xD

Just now, SirBalon said:

He's been brilliant and is always getting better.  You could always see this kid was going to be one of the best in my opinion.

And he's been tested a lot this season, since Barcelona is really crap this season by your own standards. He's making like 6 saves per game, if I'm not wrong.

1 minute ago, ATL said:

I do find it funny how some people think refs are baised towards Real over Barca, yet Real hasn't won the league since 2012 and it's not as if they have been bad during that spell. xD

The answer to your comment is within your comment.

Just now, Cannabis said:

That in itself is why the league is corrupt towards Real Madrid. They are a massive money making machine but are getting more and more insignificant in Spain as they haven't won the title since 2012, they need to keep winning to keep being the media monster that they are and the governing bodies know this too. Them and Barcelona being top dogs works for everybody. 

You can't possibly believe this. This is the team that still wins the CL, so it's not like they are struggling winning trophies. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The answer to your comment is within your comment.

That doesn't make sense. So you are saying the refs are clearly biased towards Real, and your 'proof' is that they haven't won the league since 2012? 

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

And he's been tested a lot this season, since Barcelona is really crap this season by your own standards. He's making like 6 saves per game, if I'm not wrong.

Yeah, but many have commented (easily) that the reason Barça have conceded so many goals and opportunities this season is down to the defence when that's not the reason.  One reason is related to the defence and that's the right-back situation where Sergi Roberto has been filling in (he isn't one and is a midfielder) and the main one is the midfield.  The problem lies in midfield and the recruitment was bad in the summer.

Just now, ATL said:

That doesn't make sense. So you are saying the refs are clearly biased towards Real, and your 'proof' is that they haven't won the league since 2012? 

I'm not gonna go into it now but it has to do with the marketability of La Liga and the work that's begun just under two years ago.  It's too complicated to answer now without missing the game.  I wrote lots on this last year in the other forum we were all in.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived