talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 3rd March, 2019

football forum

Should be a decent atmosphere in Goodison, for once. If Liverpool play to their level then there's no other result but a Liverpool win, I'd imagine Everton will take the dogs of war approach and make the game as dirty as possible, if they get a goal up then you could see Liverpool losing their nerve.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the worst derby in the current Premier League if you’re not a fan of either. Often one sided with little implacation on trophies or relegation and for years peddled as some sort of friendly derby where fans sat side by side by the media, it’s just never really been that appetising to the neutral. 

I suppose this is probably the biggest one for a while, for Liverpool at least. 

Expect Liverpool to have too much quality on the field, even with a couple missing and I think actually they’ve got a manager with some tactical nous. 

2-0 Liverpool. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yep, I've seen that and he doesn't say anything close to what you said above. 

It's the internet, nobody cares what people actually said, as long as you can match at least a quarter of the words with the actual quote you can change the rest as much as you like :whistling:.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Everton 0-4 Liverpool

Hopefully this doesn't end up in the 'didnt age well' category but i fancy us to hammer them tomorrow.

Love it, keep them coming. I know you've got every reason to think that but personally I think I'd have to lose my mind to make predictions like that before a derby. Neck on the line stuff.

52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Love it, keep them coming. I know you've got every reason to think that but personally I think I'd have to lose my mind to make predictions like that before a derby. Neck on the line stuff.

To be fair i never really expect us to beat Everton comfortably, We do most of the time even though its only by the odd goal right now a big win at Goodison could give us huge confidence for the run in for the title. Salah needs to turn up and hit some much needed form with a couple of goals.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Only twice in the last ten years have we taken 6 points from Everton over the two fixtures. 

I think it's actually three but yeah, doesn't happen too often. The Goodison derby tends to end up in a draw more often than not. 

I honestly can't remember the last time Everton beat Liverpool.

It feels as though it was when Big Dunc scored that header, shell suits were 'cool' and Rhythm is a Dancer was in the charts.

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I honestly can't remember the last time Everton beat Liverpool.

It feels as though it was when Big Dunc scored that header, shell suits were 'cool' and Rhythm is a Dancer was in the charts.

2010 when we had Hodgson 

Everton fans good be happy with a draw in this one or are you only happy with the 3 points? 

Without doubt a draw will be effectively a loss for us in where things are at but interested to know whether inflicting that pain will be enough. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Everton fans good be happy with a draw in this one or are you only happy with the 3 points? 

Without doubt a draw will be effectively a loss for us in where things are at but interested to know whether inflicting that pain will be enough. 

I'd take a draw here. Not just because of it putting the title in City's hands. If you forget about that part it would still be a good point given our recent struggles.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd take a draw here. Not just because of it putting the title in City's hands. If you forget about that part it would still be a good point given our recent struggles.

Speaking of your troubles this season, I know I like to chat shite about Everton and I’ve been enjoying the collapse, but seriously what the fuck happened?

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Speaking of your troubles this season, I know I like to chat shite about Everton and I’ve been enjoying the collapse, but seriously what the fuck happened?

Just a bad run of form at the wrong time and too many shit players. It really is as simple as that. It's been made out as this massive crisis (by our fans as much as anyone) but in reality we've overhauled our style of play and are only a few points off where we finished last season. 

Earlier in the season we were 6th on a run of 4 wins, 2 draws including Chelsea away and one defeat before we lost the first derby. As Everton fans, we obviously at this point forgot the "seeing the style develop is more important than our position in the league this season" and started thinking we could already challenge the top six and maybe win the FA Cup in Silva's first season. As a fanbase we are absolute suckers for this, massive kneejerkers just as we are with player form, managers etc.

Bottom line is the early part of the season where we were decent was the exception, so it looks like a collapse when we return to our normal level of performance which right now is a mid table club with some players that suit the managers system but aren't performing (Walcott, Coleman) and some players who are too good not to be in the side right now but also don't really fit the manager's system brilliantly (Sigurdsson, Keane, Gueye). Its a work in progress and I'm happy to stick with it given that the ones Silva and Brands have brought in this summer have been amongst our best players (Digne, Richarlison, Gomes, Zouma). It's worth sticking with.

Think we may put in a decent showing today. People say our season's over but we could still get 7th and Europe if we put a run together which will be difficult if you look at the fixture list, but a win or even a particularly positive draw against Liverpool under the circumstances would generate enough goodwill to carry us to the end of the season with the fans fully behind the team and the manager again.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just a bad run of form at the wrong time and too many shit players. It really is as simple as that. It's been made out as this massive crisis (by our fans as much as anyone) but in reality we've overhauled our style of play and are only a few points off where we finished last season. 

Earlier in the season we were 6th on a run of 4 wins, 2 draws including Chelsea away and one defeat before we lost the first derby. As Everton fans, we obviously at this point forgot the "seeing the style develop is more important than our position in the league this season" and started thinking we could already challenge the top six and maybe win the FA Cup in Silva's first season. As a fanbase we are absolute suckers for this, massive kneejerkers just as we are with player form, managers etc.

Bottom line is the early part of the season where we were decent was the exception, so it looks like a collapse when we return to our normal level of performance which right now is a mid table club with some players that suit the managers system but aren't performing (Walcott, Coleman) and some players who are too good not to be in the side right now but also don't really fit the manager's system brilliantly (Sigurdsson, Keane, Gueye). Its a work in progress and I'm happy to stick with it given that the ones Silva and Brands have brought in this summer have been amongst our best players (Digne, Richarlison, Gomes, Zouma). It's worth sticking with.

Think we may put in a decent showing today. People say our season's over but we could still get 7th and Europe if we put a run together which will be difficult if you look at the fixture list, but a win or even a particularly positive draw against Liverpool under the circumstances would generate enough goodwill to carry us to the end of the season with the fans fully behind the team and the manager again.

I mean I don’t know how much I rate Silva, but I think the right thing to do is back the manager trying to implement a new style. I don’t think you’ve got a bad squad, but I do think it’s unbalanced due to Koeman’s mental summer last year. And like you say, why sack the man who brought in the best performers you have this season.

Yeah from the outside though the beginning of the season looked like Silva was helping Everton turn the corner that Martinez and Koeman just couldn’t get the club around. Then Pickford’s tiny arms seemed to deflate all confidence and change your season entirely

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

What the fucking fuck is that team selection?! Be arsed sitting in the rain for this fucks sake.

Unchanged from Wednesday but Zouma in for Jagielka and Bernard for Richarlison. Seems fair to me? As much as Walcott starting gives me AIDs.

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

“They can have a great atmosphere but they still have to have a plan. They can’t just kick Liverpool off the park like in the days of Joe Royle.”

Watch us :ph34r:.

Would love to get really stuck into this thread today but I've got a bunch of marking to do. I'll do my best. No doubt if we take the lead or more likely, a dodgy decision goes against us, I probably won't be able to help myself.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Unchanged from Wednesday but Zouma in for Jagielka and Bernard for Richarlison. Seems fair to me? As much as Walcott starting gives me AIDs.

Watch us :ph34r:.

Would love to get really stuck into this thread today but I've got a bunch of marking to do. I'll do my best. No doubt if we take the lead or more likely, a dodgy decision goes against us, I probably won't be able to help myself.

Make sure you mark better than Everton at corners

• The title was changed to Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 3rd March, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived