• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 3rd March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Danny Murphy thinks Liverpool have become over-cautious away from home.

I don't think they are over-cautious. They find themselves in attacking positions constantly, but somehow make the wrong decision almost every time.

Salah takes his chances, we piss that game. One of those things. 

No need for everyone to wet the bed. 

Its March and we have lost 1 game. Any other season and the title is ours. Bad luck and circumstance means that City will probably take it but it's by no means our own fault or as dullards would put it ..  us bottling it. 

When the season started almost everyone on here said that us giving City a good go for the title would show progress. Well we are giving them a go, and not just that, we are going to take it to the wire. 

Seriously, people need to calm down and see the bigger picture. The fact we are even still in touch with City is testament to the players and to Klopp. 

We are competing with a footballing money phenomenon, and doing a great job whilst we are at it. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Salah takes his chances, we piss that game. One of those things. 

No need for everyone to wet the bed. 

Its March and we have lost 1 game. Any other season and the title is ours. Bad luck and circumstance means that City will probably take it but it's by no means our own fault or as dullards would put it ..  us bottling it. 

When the season started almost everyone on here said that us giving City a good go for the title would show progress. Well we are giving them a go, and not just that, we are going to take it to the wire. 

Seriously, people need to calm down and see the bigger picture. The fact we are even still in touch with City is testament to the players and to Klopp. 

We are competing with a footballing money phenomenon, and doing a great job whilst we are at it. 

I agree with most of the context of that post. Pretty sensible views.

But there's two things I take exception to.

You seem to sound content to still be in touch with City. The reality is you were 7pts clear of them and now 1pt behind and we've only just entered March. You've given that advantage up way too quickly for me, especially given this is a weaker Man City with vulnerabilities we didn't see much of last year. I wouldn't be content with that.

Secondly, whilst they have invested god knows how many million over the past few years, you've spent nearly £160m in the summer to compete with them. That shouldn't be taken lightly given it blew everyone else out the water.

But other than that, I agree that you shouldn't lose your shit at not beating Everton. And the title is way from being over.

Plenty of twists yet believe me.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The reality is you were 7pts clear of them and now 1pt behind and we've only just entered March. You've given that advantage up way too quickly for me, especially given this is a weaker Man City with vulnerabilities we didn't see much of last year. I wouldn't be content with that.

Apparently this doesn't matter because Man City beat Liverpool and then were only 4 points behind xD 

42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Secondly, whilst they have invested god knows how many million over the past few years, you've spent nearly £160m in the summer to compete with them. That shouldn't be taken lightly given it blew everyone else out the water.

Apparently this doesn't matter, also, because Liverpool's spending is different to Man City's. xD 

The spending is very clearly different. Liverpool had to lose real quality to bring extra in, Manchester City can just sign whoever they like without a care in the world, building on quality. It's a clear and marked advantage that they have. It doesn't mean Liverpool don't deserve criticism for their faults or that they shouldn't be expected to compete but they are on different levels financially and that is ultimately reflected in the squads.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The spending is very clearly different. Liverpool had to lose real quality to bring extra in, Manchester City can just sign whoever they like without a care in the world, building on quality. It's a clear and marked advantage that they have. It doesn't mean Liverpool don't deserve criticism for their faults or that they shouldn't be expected to compete but they are on different levels financially and that is ultimately reflected in the squads.

Don't say that, it makes out that we haven't bottled it and that City haven't got a financial advantage. 

Stan, you are better than your comments above. Anyone would think you don't know what you're talking about, which I'm sure isn't the case. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't say that, it makes out that we haven't bottled it and that City haven't got a financial advantage. 

Stan, you are better than your comments above. Anyone would think you don't know what you're talking about, which I'm sure isn't the case. 

I was being facetious. I just find it odd that Liverpool's spending can be dismissed just like that. Obviously clear City have a financial advantage. I don't think anyone can disagree and I certainly don't. 

Yes Liverpool have sold so that they can spend, but it's how they've spent - Van Dijk and Alisson have been quality obviously but perhaps other parts of the squad could have been improved, too? But let's not act like Liverpool struggle financially otherwise, either. 

It's crazy to think Liverpool could end the season with a points tally in the mid 90s and still not win the league. The fact they are still competing is testament to the job done so far but may be lack of depth will catch up with them, or already has. I hope you guys continue to fight with City right up til the final day as, for a neutral, it's great viewing. But I can see City ultimately coming out on top. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was being facetious. I just find it odd that Liverpool's spending can be dismissed just like that. Obviously clear City have a financial advantage. I don't think anyone can disagree and I certainly don't. 

Yes Liverpool have sold so that they can spend, but it's how they've spent - Van Dijk and Alisson have been quality obviously but perhaps other parts of the squad could have been improved, too? But let's not act like Liverpool struggle financially otherwise, either. 

It's crazy to think Liverpool could end the season with a points tally in the mid 90s and still not win the league. The fact they are still competing is testament to the job done so far but may be lack of depth will catch up with them, or already has. I hope you guys continue to fight with City right up til the final day as, for a neutral, it's great viewing. But I can see City ultimately coming out on top. 

Yeah me too. If we don't manage to overcome City though then it's not the end of the world and it's not like we have bottled it like some numpties have suggested. 

We've lost once! 

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Liverpool’s spending gets dismissed year in, year out. I’ve learnt it’s best not to mention it. In other news though....

Google, show me a knee jerk reaction.

D6B5EA63-F2E1-4320-9F65-4CBC8AEDDB87.png

Good call from @lfcjay.

Just the meagre 49 PL goals that would need replacing in the summer that he's got the past two season's to date.

Should smash that no dramas with a prolific Carroll, Balotelli or Benteke figure in the side no worries.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

It’s not crazy. It’s fucking annoying.

I’m pretty confident we aren’t going to win the league for as long as I’m alive tbh

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Better hope I don’t off myself if we’re within a point around a match left to clinch it for us

Don't worry it will be more than one so you're safe.

• Subscriber

Liverpool's starting eleven has to be more or less as expensive as City's now surely? But the depth does make a big difference admittedly and might be decisive.

I don't think anyone in their right mind could bash Liverpool for their season overall, it's been a ridiculously good effort so far and they could still win it. The recent form though has been poor and is open to criticism. The 4-3 against Palace should have raised some alarm bells, and draws with all three of West Ham, Leicester and Everton in the space of six games just isn't good enough to win the league when FC Dubai are about. You may have only lost one game but three draws like that is the same amount of points dropped as if it was a win and two defeats.

I think when people argued it was smart of Klopp to be a bit half arsed in the domestic cups it was misinterpreted. It's more the case that it's taken everything Liverpool had to maintain their league form and they simply had nothing left for the cups, as well as the fringe players not being good enough to step in and succeed.

I don't think they've bottled it. Every team overperforms for part of the season and underperforms at others so it generally evens out, and Liverpool got all their overperformance out of the way early by the looks of it. Now they're just seeing the other side of the coin a little bit. You can't expect a team to be in form for an entire season. While it's not bottling it, I also won't accept the argument that pressure hasn't played its part. This is where I think City's biggest advantage is. They've been here and done it whereas it's so massive for Liverpool to just win one title and end their barren spell that the pressure grows exponentially every game as the end of the season approaches. Can't really be helped.

If it was over though I'd be taking the piss a lot more. I'm not fully confident that City have it in the bag, though I've been relatively confident they'd get there since they beat Liverpool, therefore I'm not going to give it large about the shite bottling it because if I do they'll only go and turn it back around somehow.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How popular is The Anfield Wrap? I sincerely hope it's perceived as Oopsy Daisy central by sensible Liverpool fans because some of the stuff they've been coming out with this week has been going around Everton Twitter accounts this week. They were giving it large (shock horror) about how Everton will "remember who they are" and ultimately lose because they're "not half the team we are laaaa". Cringe central. Amusing to see it all getting retweeted now.

Liverpool fans on here and elsewhere need to stop cry arsing. You can't give it large saying you'll embarrass your opponents before the game and then cry about it when you draw or lose and people pull you up on it. If you can't deal with that don't give it large in the first place. Don't see anyone else on the forum doing it often in the past apart from the likes of Teso.

I normally listen to their two free shows each week and it's generally a good listen. Yeah, there's the odd silly comments but I think every football fan can be guilty of talking shite about others when they're with fellow fans.

I'm more puzzled why i saw blues saying they'd listened to a whole show. Why would anyone even listen to a whole podcast that is made purely for fans of your biggest rivals? Sad cunts with too much time on their hands, clearly.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived