• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 3rd March, 2019

football forum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

As I said to my son Liverpool should be doing what Man City are doing at the moment and what United did in their hay-day under SAF, the season is drawing nearer to May every day and 1-0, home or away wins is better than 0-0's, especially if you are battling for top of the pile, City have played their last 2 matches in the EPL and have won both by 1-0 and they have not played at their very best but dug in a scraped a win.

We have to play City at OT in April and it just might end up 0-0 or City winning by 1-0, just like United in their hay-day under SAF and win League Titles. 

2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

As I said to my son Liverpool should be doing what Man City are doing at the moment and what United did in their hay-day under SAF, the season is drawing nearer to May every day and 1-0, home or away wins is better than 0-0's, especially if you are battling for top of the pile, City have played their last 2 matches in the EPL and have won both by 1-0 and they have not played at their very best but dug in a scraped a win.

We have to play City at OT in April and it just might end up 0-0 or City winning by 1-0, just like United in their hay-day under SAF and win League Titles. 

You'll roll over. Mancunians are Liverpool obsessed scruffs who care more about another city than their own derby.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not wrong though am I?

What are you on about? First derby win since 2010? We didn't win the game, obviously you're referring to a draw as a win though in which case we've won 9 of the last 18 derbies before today. Try harder pal.

What has Shaqiri done to not feature there? Such a strange substitution. 

This was much better than the Man Utd game, where we looked toothless and devoid of ideas. At least we created chances and were let down by poor touch at the last moment. 

Title's gone. Can't see City dropping points.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

What are you on about? First derby win since 2010? We didn't win the game, obviously you're referring to a draw as a win though in which case we've won 9 of the last 18 derbies before today. Try harder pal.

Well done. Be happy with your alehouse football

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Well done. Be happy with your alehouse football 

xD cheers.

Meanwhile, Klopp has managed to call us "wild opponents" and mention the wind in the first 30 seconds of his interview. Liverpool got more bookings than us.

• Subscriber

If anyone doubted what a liability Walcott is in our attack just ask Andy Robertson the difference between the first half and the second half after Richarlison replaced him.

I like Theo but he so doesn't suit the way we play and even when he's used as a tool for counter attacking he can't control the ball or beat a man. Think it best for all parties if we try and flog him to Southampton this summer.

While Liverpool's attack was far from their best today, our back four put in one of their best performances of the season with Coleman standing out for me in his contributions to our attack as well, much better from him. As a collective it's baffling how we've managed to concede so many weak and clumsy goals this season when our back four and goalkeeper are capable of performing like they did today. 

Surprisingly, it's our attack that is causing us the biggest headache. I still don't see what Lookman has to do to get back in the side.

55 minutes ago, Rick said:

Not fucking good enough that. Unless Utd do us a favour in the derby then we can definitely kiss the title goodbye. Personally, I don't think we will be too again this season. Been mediocre since the start of the year with a couple of good results sprinkled in, but we don't look like winning the league at this rate.

It's only a one point difference.

Obviously it's not as good a position as you were in a few weeks ago but the worst thing Liverpool can do is to think the title is already gone.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If anyone doubted what a liability Walcott is in our attack just ask Andy Robertson the difference between the first half and the second half after Richarlison replaced him.

I like Theo but he so doesn't suit the way we play and even when he's used as a tool for counter attacking he can't control the ball or beat a man. Think it best for all parties if we try and flog him to Southampton this summer.

I have watched him, albeit not as regularly as Arsenal or Everton fans, since he first joined Arsenal, and I still don't know what he offers to any side apart from pace, which he is not smart enough to utilise. His footballing brain hasn't evolved at all. Neither has he developed other attributes like hold up play or stretching the opposition defences. He just runs fast, and tries to conjure up a shot. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

While Liverpool's attack was far from their best today, our back four put in one of their best performances of the season with Coleman standing out for me in his contributions to our attack as well, much better from him. As a collective it's baffling how we've managed to concede so many weak and clumsy goals this season when our back four and goalkeeper are capable of performing like they did today. 

Surprisingly, it's our attack that is causing us the biggest headache. I still don't see what Lookman has to do to get back in the side.

I remember when Theo use to be really direct, he would take any opportunity to run at people. He seemed really hesitant today.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's only a one point difference.

Obviously it's not as good a position as you were in a few weeks ago but the worst thing Liverpool can do is to think the title is already gone.

Only one point, but our run in is difficult from now. It's not just losing our points advantage, it's the manner in which we are playing. Save for the Watford game we have looked shit in front of goal in recent weeks. Games like today are ones that City win 1-0.

Unless we properly belt up, and the forward players get their finger out (Firmino and especially Salah) sharpish then I can't see anything other City lifting the trophy.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived