talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Sunday 3rd March, 2019

football forum

Positives and negatives for both..

Liveroool:

Positives: away ar your most ferocious rivals (and they are, not met a scouser who thinks of manchester united as a bigger rival, that's small time stuff for Manchester people) and not lost.

Horrible atmosphere which some teams would have allowed to get to them. 

Defence is excellent, Everton never looked like to score

Negatives:

Lost the momentum in the title race, its gone really. 

Don't create much  Last year liverpool overran good sides, now you don't look like doing it except against poorer sides.

Salah, he's very talented but he's not a finisher. Eve last year he missed a lot before he scores, in tight games you need a clinical striker. 

Everton, positives:

Possibly helped stop your biggest rivals win the league. Weren't overrun and didn't look totally outclassed. 

Boss atmosphere, Goodison Park is one of the best grounds in the country and it needs to be like that more often. Very difficult because of the way they play but Everton fans should be proud of the sound todya. 

Negatives:

Never troubled Liverpool, very limited on the final third. But we could have said that beforehand. 

I hope silva will switch to different tactics agaisny other sides because you couldn't really see the difference between that today and allardyce. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

xD cheers.

Meanwhile, Klopp has managed to call us "wild opponents" and mention the wind in the first 30 seconds of his interview. Liverpool got more bookings than us.

As if anyone cares what managers say these days. Cheers for the point that wins us the league

57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, disappointed that we didn't leave one on a few of them as has happened in the past (although the other way around).

Still, a point.

Lol this is why that cunt that broke Origi kissed the Everton badge

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As if anyone cares what managers say these days. Cheers for the point that wins us the league

Still giving it large when you've dropped points and the title is now in City's hands. And you lot wonder why nobody wants you to win the league and instead love it when you get shown up.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Insane how Everton are this team in a crisis, proper tinpot without a hope in hell and have managed to draw against what is arguably the greatest side ever seen in world football. Mad that. 

Crazy that the four eyed window licker didn't end up running around the pitch too, I suppose the self dubbed World Cup Final disappointed. 

Ah well. Everton aren't we?

Clam down for fucks sake. 

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Still giving it large when you've dropped points and the title is now in City's hands. And you lot wonder why nobody wants you to win the league and instead love it when you get shown up.

I couldn't care less whether people want us to win the league or not to be honest. Better than being irrelevant

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Keep telling yourself we're irrelevant. It's nearly 9 o'clock and you're still talking about us - thought this was our World Cup final and you wasn't arsed about us? :x Everton aren't we mate.

Who said I was talking about yous?

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton fan (mod) comes on being vile as fuck....

Rando picks up on Mike being slightly sarcastic.

Everton fans O.o

Everton aren’t they xD

I’ve seen decades of Merseyside derbies and I do have to give them credit for the atmosphere today. Goodison has honestly never sounded like that ever for a derby. And all it took for that atmosphere was us being in a title race with the side that broke the league points total last season.

They love us, really 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fuck me, some proper whoppers on here. And some in “power”. 

Anyway, I reckon Klopp’s let/letting the pressure get to him, ala Benitez that year he had that weird rant that Ferguson just knew meant that the title was in United’s hands again.

To be fair to Klopp he's been blaming the wind for years. Remember against Southampton years back he blamed the wind, so at least he's consistently embarrasing in his excuse making. 

40 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

To be fair to Klopp he's been blaming the wind for years. Remember against Southampton years back he blamed the wind, so at least he's consistently embarrasing in his excuse making. 

Did he? I honestly can’t remember that. Know he’s used it a couple of times this year but I’ve always found him to be one of the most honest managers in the country, hardly a glowing reference because it’s a poor category in general.

38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Says the member with a pint as his avatar because #lads

I pity you. 

• Subscriber

How popular is The Anfield Wrap? I sincerely hope it's perceived as Oopsy Daisy central by sensible Liverpool fans because some of the stuff they've been coming out with this week has been going around Everton Twitter accounts this week. They were giving it large (shock horror) about how Everton will "remember who they are" and ultimately lose because they're "not half the team we are laaaa". Cringe central. Amusing to see it all getting retweeted now.

Liverpool fans on here and elsewhere need to stop cry arsing. You can't give it large saying you'll embarrass your opponents before the game and then cry about it when you draw or lose and people pull you up on it. If you can't deal with that don't give it large in the first place. Don't see anyone else on the forum doing it often in the past apart from the likes of Teso.

I won't gatecrash the party too much because you guys are having such a laugh. But here's my take.

1. Shit game of Football yes, but still an absorbing watch. Reminded me of an old school PL game. Lacking in quality but full of blood and thunder. Everton competed all over the pitch. Deserved their point.

2. Referee was generally excellent for a derby game. Let it flow as much as he could, got most things right. They don't get enough credit, only criticism, so credit where it's due Martin Atkinson.

3. Van Dijk is fucking brilliant. Win or lose the league, he will be my vote for PFA player of the season. 100%. It's about time a defender won the award anyway.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We all do, not all of us take pictures of it and use it as an avatar like.

Anyhow, off to bed. Will pick up on any further communications in the morning although can't guarantee that I'll be able to reply until early evening when work has finished - I do hope you can wait until then. 

That the best you’ve got? 

Cool story mate. Must be ace being you.

Unfortunately I think Liverpool have blown it. I don't think it has been a mental thing  or that they have  bottled it. They are just up against a top top team. 

• Subscriber

If we win it from here it will be a miracle and will probably go down as something special. The chances of that happening though are very minuscule and will largely depend on City dropping points which is not going to happen from what we have seen them do consistently over the last few games. Grinding out those 1-0 games is more important than winning 5-0 and they've got that in their locker. Can't look back now and just have to keep trying to win all our next games and then let fate decide who the winner is (still think its City). 

I'll give Everton credit for doing what they did last night and it has now piled pressure on to the team to perform better in the next few games. I just hope we don't lose or draw anymore games because its curtains post that.

Everton losing to city but doggedly drawing with Liverpool has changed the landscape. If those results were reversed Liverpool would have a 3 pt gap at the top. 

Also I don't understand the comments about Everton celebrating the draw being small time. In seasons past when Everton have been ahead in the table and drawn, sure. But they just mugged the league leaders for a point and damaged their rivals title challenge. Of course they're fucking satisfied. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived