Comedians

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator
35 minutes ago, Spike said:

What is with Brits and celebrity panel games? Don't get me wrong here blokes, I don't mind an Spicks and Specks or QI for that matter but you lot have them up the rafters.

Fucking love them mate. 

QI is one of my favourites though. Top class. Thought I wouldn't like it when Stephen Fry left but it's still good with Sandi Toksvig. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

What is with Brits and celebrity panel games? Don't get me wrong here blokes, I don't mind an Spicks and Specks or QI for that matter but you lot have them up the rafters.

And then you have....Cram 😂

12 hours ago, Spike said:

So many channels need filling with some form of shit and it subsequently means gameshows and Celebrity gameshows. 

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I miss Jim Jeffries before he got old and mellowed and became more TV friendly. He was better when he was a raging drunk cokehead.

Saw him in Leicester a year or so ago, still a raging drunk cokehead.

Just now, Danny said:

Saw him in Leicester a year or so ago, still a raging drunk cokehead.

I saw him once around 8-10 years ago in Liverpool, he was wild and outrageous. Then I saw him a few months ago in San Diego. He's still someone who enjoys drugs and beer... but he's so much more tame than he used to be. But he's also settled down a lot, has a kid, has been told to drink a lot less by a doctor, etc... so it's not surprising life has made him less off the rails and a less raunchy.

I still think he's hilarious. It's just different now.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I saw him once around 8-10 years ago in Liverpool, he was wild and outrageous. Then I saw him a few months ago in San Diego. He's still someone who enjoys drugs and beer... but he's so much more tame than he used to be. But he's also settled down a lot, has a kid, has been told to drink a lot less by a doctor, etc... so it's not surprising life has made him less off the rails and a less raunchy.

I still think he's hilarious. It's just different now.

He's also making more money now and that probably has something to do with it

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd be happy to pay that kind of money if he'd perform anything near me. 

Yeah, but I have a missus so everything doubles in price. If it were at a closer date I'd be more willing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a hilarious Aussie comedian at the Auckland Comedy Festival, wondered how I'd never seen him before. Turns out it's Matt Okine who formerly worked for Triple J who I've seen a million times in the Like A Version videos yet couldn't put two and two together when face to face and spent all night thinking so who's this up and comer.

14 hours ago, Danny said:

Just saw a hilarious Aussie comedian at the Auckland Comedy Festival, wondered how I'd never seen him before. Turns out it's Matt Okine who formerly worked for Triple J who I've seen a million times in the Like A Version videos yet couldn't put two and two together when face to face and spent all night thinking so who's this up and comer.

Was he funny? Really? Have always found him unfunny. Maybe his stand up is better than every time I've seen him in TV or heard him on triple J.

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Was he funny? Really? Have always found him unfunny. Maybe his stand up is better than every time I've seen him in TV or heard him on triple J.

I thought he was hilarious, whole room was in stitches. His stand up seemed a lot funnier than the advert for his tv show The Other Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 24/05/2018 at 09:44, Danny said:

Just watched James Acaster's Netflix comedy special Repertoire, pretty good for Netflix.

very  good :D. Only watched first 3 so far; Reset is my favourite. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Chris Ramsey was decent when he first started but I've not found him funny in ages. 

he was better than his show that he has on Comedy Central tbh. I find that a bit hit and miss but last night was much more 'hit' 

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Yeah that's what I was basing it off really. His own show is absolutely dire.

his support act was decent as well. Carl Hutchinson - worth checking out if he's performing anywhere near you. 

• 4 months later...

Archived