• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Comedians

football forum

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Bill Burr is king, below is one of his rants/bits thats one of my all time faves (even with Falon being pretty weird)

I did get to see Joe Rogan about a month ago he was pretty good live. Although I probably prefer his podcasts to his standup he does have some good bits.

18 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Bill Burr is king, below is one of his rants/bits thats one of my all time faves (even with Falon being pretty weird)

I did get to see Joe Rogan about a month ago he was pretty good live. Although I probably prefer his podcasts to his standup he does have some good bits.

Not seen much of him, thought it was rubbish until the last minute or so and gosh he’s right ha ha 

• Administrator

Have booked to see James Acaster next year at my local venue. Tickets only £18.50. Love his method of comedy. Think I spoke about it in the Film & TV part but would heavily recommend his Repertoire series on Netflix. 

Love a bit of James Acaster, not sure how much podcasts you've listened to but he's got some hilarious stories.

Would recommend the Comedian's Comedian Podcast to anyone wanting an in depth story behind their favourite comedians.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Love a bit of James Acaster, not sure how much podcasts you've listened to but he's got some hilarious stories.

Would recommend the Comedian's Comedian Podcast to anyone wanting an in depth story behind their favourite comedians.

Cheers. Not listened to his or that one. Is it on Spotify?

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cheers. Not listened to his or that one. Is it on Spotify?

Not sure if it's on Spotify, think it's on Audible. I listen on the podcasts app on my iPhone.

Talking of podcasts I listened to The Guilty Feminist and Amnesty International's Secret Policeman podcast (was a show previously on tell at the end of Edinburgh Fringe I think), they have about ten comedians on doing sets and there was a comedian with cerebral palsy called Rosie Jones who was fucking hilarious, not managed to listen to more of her stuff but her set was brilliant.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So I went to see Rob Schneider over the weekend and I have to say he was great! he had alot of really subtle stuff mixed in, the guys still got it. 

Also watched Bill Burr's special last night and in typical Bill Burr fashion it was great. No surprises there, he holds no punches and right out of the gate goes after and offends multiple groups, I loved it. Worth watching for any comedy fans anyways. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Big fan of Frank Skinner, I think he's very funny and been to see him a number of times. 

Also went to a comedy gig last night where Romesh Ranganathan was the surprise guest (two other scheduled comics had pulled out due to TV commitments). Romesh was funny as you'd expect. 

Also on the bill were two lesser known comedians Joanne McNally and Peter Rethinasamy who were pretty good. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Continuing my live comedian tour this year my better half and I saw Joe Koy a couple weeks ago. One of the stranger live comedy shows Ive seen. His 5th (I think?) Netflix special just dropped like a few days prior and so what he did was basically entirely an improv show. He said he didnt want to offer the same thing you can stay at home and watch with a subscription. Im kind of torn...On the one hand that is kind of unique but like his best material is obviously on his specials and thats what we where paying to see. He was funny dont get me wrong but I dont think I would ever pay the 100$ ish each again to see that. Anyways maybe rate him a 7/10 overall for what we saw.

So far this year we've seen Chappelle, Joe Koy, Jimmy Ouyang, Bill Burr, Andrew Santino and Annie Lederman. Still have Chris Rock coming up next month as well!

Archived