talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Comedians

football forum

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Continuing my live comedian tour this year my better half and I saw Joe Koy a couple weeks ago. One of the stranger live comedy shows Ive seen. His 5th (I think?) Netflix special just dropped like a few days prior and so what he did was basically entirely an improv show. He said he didnt want to offer the same thing you can stay at home and watch with a subscription. Im kind of torn...On the one hand that is kind of unique but like his best material is obviously on his specials and thats what we where paying to see. He was funny dont get me wrong but I dont think I would ever pay the 100$ ish each again to see that. Anyways maybe rate him a 7/10 overall for what we saw.

So far this year we've seen Chappelle, Joe Koy, Jimmy Ouyang, Bill Burr, Andrew Santino and Annie Lederman. Still have Chris Rock coming up next month as well!

Jo Koy is funny but there is only so much material one can get out of Filipino American cultural quirks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jo Koy is funny but there is only so much material one can get out of Filipino American cultural quirks

Yeah I agree. But that's what you go in expecting right? And we got very little of that. He was still funny but it was strange. Like the show ended with a classic 80/90s kinda karaoke with the crowd xD

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Toinho said:

No idea who most of the comedians are from the above few posts!

I got Jimmy Carr tickets for next year some time. Should be interesting! 

You get what you pay for with Jimmy Carr. Seen him a few times and been great each time. You can't go into it thinking he won't hit the darkest topics, but he gets the humour out of it.

Fuck me there is some dire shite here hahaha. 

Surprised so many like Bill Bur. Solid actor and good at his delivery but an absolute normie. Only pushes the envelope as far as he knows there will be no backlash. Also a weird "I hate women" guy on his podcast. 

I used to listen to Cumtown when it was good. Stavros has now broken off and is doing some okay solo stuff. His sets are medium but his off the cuff crowd work is genuinely the best i've ever seen

• Administrator

Just bought tickets to see Romesh Ranganathan at O2 in May 2024.

Missed out on seeing him in 2020 due to Covid, and then 2021 because he had the audacity to rearrange for when I went on honeymoon. 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Missed out on seeing him in 2020 due to Covid, and then 2021 because he had the audacity to rearrange for when I went on honeymoon. 

He is funny. That clip where he starts insulting Robin van Persie makes me laugh 

• 1 month later...
On 29/09/2022 at 11:46, Stan said:

I had tickets to see Joel Dommett in 2020, which got put back to 2021 and then 2022 due to Covid. In 2022, the venue went into administration and closed down due to Covid so the gig was cancelled.

I'd seen him before, but fucking gutted man.

Archived