talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Claudio Ranieri Sacked By Fulham; Scott Parker Interim Manager

• Subscriber

Jokanovic should never have gone in the first place. They approached this season absolutely stupidly, it is suicidal to try and overhaul your whole team with a load of signings in the four weeks leading up to a season when you clearly had a decent side in place that needed enhancing, not replacing. There's something very QPR about the way they've done this. Jokanovic was naturally going to be the fall guy but it's pretty clear to me that they've done a lot of this business without his consent.

It was interesting listening to Ray Houghton a few months ago when Ranieri got the job saying that Fulham had created a situation for themselves where they had shown no faith at all in their current crop, decided to replace nearly every one of them and now that the new signings weren't performing you were either going to piss the new signings off by not playing them due to the assurances they'd have had or piss the old guard off by continuing to pick under-performers over them when they had done nothing wrong.

Ranieri I thought would keep them up simply because he's quite defensive minded and that was their weakness as a team so I thought he would at least get them a bit better organised.

In truth he just appears to be the same Ranieri of the second season with us. When things go wrong the bloke has not got a clue how to turn it around and it's happened too many times in his career to be a co-incidence.

The biggest mistake Ranieri made was not retiring on 16th May 2016, though I get why he wouldn't and wanted to lead us into Europe the following year. The second season here was nothing short of a disaster until he went, Nantes went utterly pear shaped and now Fulham look almost certain to drop as well.

He'll forever be a legend here but you've got to be very naive to not see his faults and there are plenty.

There's a case to say this Fulham season is one of the most suicidal in Premier League history. When you look at how Wolves have handled a similar situation so well it's scary.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Jokanovic should never have gone in the first place. They approached this season absolutely stupidly, pure suicide to try and overhaul your whole team with a load of signings in the four weeks leading up to a season when you clearly had a decent side in place in the process. There's something very QPR about the way they've done this.

Ranieri I thought would keep them up simply because he's quite defensive minded and that was their weakness as a team so I thought he would at least get them a bit better organised.

In truth he just appears to be the same Ranieri of the second season with us. When things go wrong the bloke has not got a clue how to turn it around and it's happened too many times in his career to be a co-incidence.

The biggest mistake Ranieri made was not retiring on 16th May 2016, though I get why he wouldn't and wanted to lead us into Europe the following year. The second season here was nothing short of a disaster until he went, Nantes went utterly pear shaped and now Fulham look almost certain to drop as well.

He'll forever be a legend here but you've got to be very naive to not see his faults and there are plenty.

I like Raneiri and I hate saying this. But I kind of feel the Leicester title win may have happened not necessarily inspite of him but not mainly because of him. Clearly he made good decisions during the season but I think perhaps it was a number of things that all happened at the same time and Raneiri might not have been instrumental in it.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I like Raneiri and I hate saying this. But I kind of feel the Leicester title win may have happened not necessarily inspite of him but not mainly because of him. Clearly he made good decisions during the season but I think perhaps it was a number of things that all happened at the same time and Raneiri might not have been instrumental in it.

There is no doubt at all in my mind that this is the case and when you get idiots like Teso for example saying he pretty much came in here with a magic wand and made everything amazing it's so disrespectful to so many others. I'm not saying this to single Teso out either but it's a real misconception and if that was the case, why has everything continued to go wrong for him?

It was such an extraordinary situation that many believe the whole thing is beyond analysis, just one of those beautiful things that happened that you can't truly explain.

He played his part but there were many factors at work, plenty that a lot won't have considered. Perfect example is how long it took people to respect us - we were until February not taken seriously and you had teams like Newcastle, Swansea & Norwich think they could attack us at home with no repercussions.

Ranieri played his part but those players had an extraordinary desire about them and that was a mentality instilled way before he was in charge.

• Subscriber

It's also very easy to forget that Ranieri walked into the quite unique scenario of being the form team of the league. There were no spirits to lift there. We were flying and the job only became available because Pearson defended his idiot son.

We also recruited superbly that summer as well. Fuchs, Okazaki, Kante, Huth. Absolutely brilliant signings really.

I was very against the Ranieri appointment at the time because I thought it would be how basically every season since it bar that one has gone xD

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

There is no doubt at all in my mind that this is the case and when you get idiots like Teso for example saying he pretty much came in here with a magic wand and made everything amazing it's so disrespectful to so many others. I'm not saying this to single Teso out either but it's a real misconception and if that was the case, why has everything continued to go wrong for him?

It was such an extraordinary situation that many believe the whole thing is beyond analysis, just one of those beautiful things that happened that you can't truly explain.

He played his part but there were many factors at work, plenty that a lot won't have considered. Perfect example is how long it took people to respect us - we were until February not taken seriously and you had teams like Newcastle, Swansea & Norwich think they could attack us at home with no repercussions.

Ranieri played his part but those players had an extraordinary desire about them and that was a mentality instilled way before he was in charge.

Some of the signings were excellent. I mean kante, vardy and mahrez are quality. I think he was very good at handling the mental part. Very good at making sure the players didn't get overwhelmed. But I think he was in the right place at the right time partly. I hate to say it because I really like him and he is a true gentleman but there is nothing to suggest in the rest of his career that he is a great coach.

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Some of the signings were excellent. I mean kante, vardy and mahrez are quality. I think he was very good at handling the mental part. Very good at making sure the players didn't get overwhelmed. But I think he was in the right place at the right time partly. I hate to say it because I really like him and he is a true gentleman but there is nothing to suggest in the rest of his career that he is a great coach.

Ranieri didn't sign any of those. I mean he technically did Kante, but we'd been linked with him months before he was here and it took Steve Walsh pestering him daily to get him signed for Ranieri to cave in and do it, something he admits. Vardy & Mahrez were signed by the previous regime.

I do believe he was in the right place at the right time, although he was the right man as well. Whatever he did, it worked.

I think he's finished now personally in any serious league.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ranieri didn't sign any of those. I mean he technically did Kante, but we'd been linked with him months before he was here and it took Steve Walsh pestering him daily to get him signed for Ranieri to cave in and do it, something he admits. Vardy & Mahrez were signed by the previous regime.

I do believe he was in the right place at the right time, although he was the right man as well. Whatever he did, it worked.

Naw, he'll get recycled in Italy again. It's the Italian way...

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah I know he didn't sign vardy and Mahrez

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

We also recruited superbly that summer as well. Fuchs, Okazaki, Kante, Huth. Absolutely brilliant signings really.

Please don't forget Yohan Benalouane. 

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ranieri didn't sign Vardy and Mahrez. 

Archived